Search
Like Tree6Likes

MTS 1/10 Electric FF Pro

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patorz31
You guys run 8min mains right? I am using a sort of shorty battery. It's the Team Power 3400maH 2s that is the same size as a 12th scale battery. It weighs 150g.

http://www.team-powers.com/index.php...&subcategory=6

We only run 5 mins and it holds it own with a 21.5, with a 17.5 the voltage drops too much at 4:30mins.
5 min quals and 8 min mains for USGT. Funny thing is I probably won't run USGT that much at all but I end up investing in the car more than I should've, it's the competitive nature in me. I decided to leave a HW 3.1 on there in the end, currently fully race weight is 1313 grams. With the shorty pack i'm going to pick up tomorow it should shave 50 grams, I think i'm good with that for USGT. I am running esc fan and motor fan, the weather here in Texas is blazing hot.

The TRF short shocks may not work as I thought, setting the droop I've notice the shocks are a tad short even after extending it. I don't feel comfortable with ball joint being out so far. I may just stick with factory shocks and try those out.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Our club is too big to run 8 min mains. (We get 120 entries on average for a friday night) So we run everything except 12th at 5 mins. USGT style of racing up here is a new thing, we couldn't get a consistent heat of VTA, guys whined there were no premounts and the body styles were too old. So we made a Scale Spec class using USGT rules, we took rules from USGT and the Scale Spec class that runs in the Pacific Northwest. The only change is 5 min races and no weight limit for FWD.

That was the reason I started looking for a FWD car. In HK and Asia the MTS FF seems to kill all other FWD cars and the price is almost half of the FF04 evo. That and being different for not a lot of cash is great.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Mine is ordered! can`t wait. We run it with 13.5 blinky, fixed timing motors and from what I seen and experienced the thing is good out of the box. Guys just refilled the shocks and it kicks ass!
Old 06-25-2015, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Our club is too big to run 8 min mains. (We get 120 entries on average for a friday night) So we run everything except 12th at 5 mins. USGT style of racing up here is a new thing, we couldn't get a consistent heat of VTA, guys whined there were no premounts and the body styles were too old. So we made a Scale Spec class using USGT rules, we took rules from USGT and the Scale Spec class that runs in the Pacific Northwest. The only change is 5 min races and no weight limit for FWD.

That was the reason I started looking for a FWD car. In HK and Asia the MTS FF seems to kill all other FWD cars and the price is almost half of the FF04 evo. That and being different for not a lot of cash is great.
I would love to live there, that would be awesome to have a turnout like that.
I stuck with the TRF shocks in the end. I attempted to rebuild the factory shocks and it turns out I couldn't get the shock eye to move. I have a arrowmax shock tool i've been using for a couple of years and these are the only shocks I couldn't get to budge. The shocks were built uneven from factory and it clearly shows on the setup station when adjusting for tweak. Bad news is our series finale looks like it may get cancelled due to thunderstorm.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Yeah we have a big club, 120 members. We have one of 2 (That I know of) permanent outdoor race tracks in Canada and we run on 5 full rolls of CRC carpet in a Aviation Museum in the winter.

I just put TRF shocks off of a 417V5 on mine, so I can run the HPI springs that I have laying around. I am taking it apart this weekend to see if a Xray diff fits it. I think it will, the eyeball measurements say it might.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Yeah we have a big club, 120 members. We have one of 2 (That I know of) permanent outdoor race tracks in Canada and we run on 5 full rolls of CRC carpet in a Aviation Museum in the winter.

I just put TRF shocks off of a 417V5 on mine, so I can run the HPI springs that I have laying around. I am taking it apart this weekend to see if a Xray diff fits it. I think it will, the eyeball measurements say it might.
I measured the an xray diff, I didn't installed but it should will fit with a couple of shims. The only potential issue I see is the drive cups matching up with the MTS 3mm driveshafts.

I'm not sure if you notice but the front shock tower seems a bit tall. I wonder if the optional one listed is a lower version?
Old 06-25-2015, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

I was just going to put Xray steering knuckles on it with with a set of xray CVDs. I just wanted to experiment with different diff fluids and I have a bunch of xray diffs.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

What is the name of your club Patorz31 ?
Old 06-25-2015, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Northern Alberta Scale Car Auto Racers, NASCAR for short. They have been around for a long time 30-35 years or so.

This is our outdoor track where I have been running the MTS FF PRO. It's getting a repave next year.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Here's a few pics, may not be able to race due to weather.

Old 06-27-2015, 01:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Why do you guys feel the need for a fan? My temps,running the way we do,never get out of hand even in 30 deg C weather.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by b20btec
Here's a few pics, may not be able to race due to weather.

Let me share my experience.

I saw you are increased length of shock to use those RI springs?

I also use trf shocks but just can use Xray springs but failed to use HPI and Yokomo ones, due the shock tower are too short.

I don't use screw to fix the fan, but electric cable tie.

From my project looking for and want other people's comments:

For racing in carpet i decided to use square lipo instead of shorties due the upper deck failed design and using shorty is not enough punchy.

Could somebody tell me if this idea worths?
Old 06-27-2015, 04:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by benTC5
Why do you guys feel the need for a fan? My temps,running the way we do,never get out of hand even in 30 deg C weather.
Keep in mind where people live. Not everyone shares the same experience. I've race USGT in the Texas heat for two seasons, a fan is required if you want to finish the race.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mac853
Let me share my experience.

I saw you are increased length of shock to use those RI springs?

I also use trf shocks but just can use Xray springs but failed to use HPI and Yokomo ones, due the shock tower are too short.

I don't use screw to fix the fan, but electric cable tie.

From my project looking for and want other people's comments:

For racing in carpet i decided to use square lipo instead of shorties due the upper deck failed design and using shorty is not enough punchy.

Could somebody tell me if this idea worths?
The shocks are TRF short big bore and the springs are Ride shorty, if I'm correct 23mm long. The Xray springs are too short for TRF big bore. I extended the shocks to get desired droop.

You're not using a screw to mount the fan? Any reason for this? Parts available? The vibration from the fan running must be very noticeable.

I say use whatever lipo you want. Tested the car with long and short and I like both, I don't have a square lipo so I can't comment but it should before similar to the shorty.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

First race day today and ho my god !!! I just want put my tamiya FF03 in the trash !!! only 0.4 sec of my sedan in usgt !!!

I run stock setup exept ajust camber and droop
remove the Oring ( bump stop ) on the shock shaft
remove ackerarm shims
optional rear short shock tower

orca Vx esc
sanwa ers-971 servo
Intellipeak 3300 80c 150g shorty pack
Hobbywing V10 21.5 full timing
52/96 64p ( 3.5 fdr )
HPI honda civic SI 190mm body

1220g reedy race !

next step Teampower 21.5 + 12.3 rotor , Fantom racing 3800 100c shorty pack 156g

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.