Few Pics of my car:

Old 12-28-2014, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Link to base setups...

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/team...TeamCTC10.html

Direct link to my base setup:

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/team...rsham20140118/

Last edited by Joe Kimble; 12-28-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

A few vital build tips gathered from the other threads:

- When putting the spur together with the pulleys, there is a little orange shim you put at the end of the shaft that holds everything together. If you find that shim too thick replace it with a thinner one. Be careful that the inner AND outside diameter of your new shim is the same than the stock orange one. It's a good thing to try assembling the pulley/spur section without the belts first and make sure it's perfectly free.
- Rear Diff: Be ultra careful to make sure that the O-Ring is nicely sitting on the groove before putting the two parts of the diff together. If you do this properly the diff will be nicely sealed. If not it will leak...
- Be careful to use the 44mm CVDs in front and the 43mm CVDs in rear.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

I am attaching a recent setup that worked pretty good...
Attached Thumbnails Team C 1/10TH 4WD TOURING CAR - HTCTC10-tc10-setup-17.5-blinky-carpet-122114-joachim-bruneau.jpg  
Old 12-29-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for the tips, Joe. The wife ordered me one from HRP for Xmas, still waiting on it to arrive though. I will be starting out with your posted setup, since RCCW will be my "home track."
Old 12-29-2014, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hairless_ape
Thanks for the tips, Joe. The wife ordered me one from HRP for Xmas, still waiting on it to arrive though. I will be starting out with your posted setup, since RCCW will be my "home track."
No problem happy to help. I want to come to RCCW again soon! I went with my friend Marvin 2 weeks ago and we had a blast...
Old 01-01-2015, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys, my most recent setup has been added to PetitRc...

The link is below:

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/team...gboro20141221/
Old 01-02-2015, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

My kit finally arrived today. Hopefully I'll get a chance to put it together early next week.

Now I just have to make a decision on a class. I know I should start with USVTA since it's been so long since Iv'e raced, but I hate Novak, and the thought of having to buy one of their motors gives me fits. Especially when it's a motor that I would never use for anything else.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

My kit finally arrived today. Hopefully I'll get a chance to put it together early next week.

Now I just have to make a decision on a class. I know I should start with USVTA since it's been so long since Iv'e raced, but I hate Novak, and the thought of having to buy one of their motors gives me fits. Especially when it's a motor that I would never use for anything else.
Cool. Make sure to follow the tips listed earlier in this thread. You can also try 17.5 blinky it's a lot of fun and not too fast either...
Old 01-08-2015, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks for the info and set up Joe. My TC10 is almost built. Electronics and set up left. Testing starts Tuesday evening.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

My build stalled almost as soon as it started. One of the 2.5x8mm screws for the diff had a poorly cut hex and stripped out after about 2 turns. Neither of the 2 shops near me that carry hardware had any in stock (plenty in 10 or 12mm though), so I had to order some.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

My build stalled almost as soon as it started. One of the 2.5x8mm screws for the diff had a poorly cut hex and stripped out after about 2 turns. Neither of the 2 shops near me that carry hardware had any in stock (plenty in 10 or 12mm though), so I had to order some.
Hi! Sorry to hear about the stripped screw. If you have a dremel and only 10mm screws you can dremel a piece of the screw off to make it 8mm long... Are you going to RCCW this Sunday?
Old 01-09-2015, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Joe Kimble
Hi! Sorry to hear about the stripped screw. If you have a dremel and only 10mm screws you can dremel a piece of the screw off to make it 8mm long... Are you going to RCCW this Sunday?
No big deal, stuff happens during a build. Ordered spare belts, diff gears & o-rings, and a spare diff case (just in case I manage to strip one when it's all the way in, ha) while I was at it. The lot cost me just under $35 w/shipping. The rchobbies4life eBay store is definitely the cheapest place to buy Team C parts.

My son has a playoff game Sunday afternoon; game has been delayed a week because it's been so cold, so I won't be able to get there.

I did get a chance to drop by last night and check the place out though. Small store, but Mike and the guys that were hanging out were all very friendly, great atmosphere. Very different from the 2 shops that are closer to me, they act like your presence is a nuisance.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

No big deal, stuff happens during a build. Ordered spare belts, diff gears & o-rings, and a spare diff case (just in case I manage to strip one when it's all the way in, ha) while I was at it. The lot cost me just under $35 w/shipping. The rchobbies4life eBay store is definitely the cheapest place to buy Team C parts.

My son has a playoff game Sunday afternoon; game has been delayed a week because it's been so cold, so I won't be able to get there.

I did get a chance to drop by last night and check the place out though. Small store, but Mike and the guys that were hanging out were all very friendly, great atmosphere. Very different from the 2 shops that are closer to me, they act like your presence is a nuisance.
Cool. RCCW is a really nice spot with a great crowd...
for teamC parts go to HRP that's where you'll get the best deal, they are the exclusive distributor.
Here is the link:
http://www.hobbyrecreationproducts.com
Old 01-09-2015, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

rchobbies4life is actually cheaper than HRP for most parts. As an example: the front belt was $4.50 and the rear was $3.70. The savings on those 2 alone more than covered the $7.40 USPS priority shipping. For some resaon the diff case is crazy expensive from HRP, they charge $30 when it's under half that anywhere else, so I don't really consider that one much of a bargain.

The order would have cost me $67 from HRP. Even if you remove the crazy diff case from the equation I still saved $12, actually $22 since HRP charges shipping on orders under $50. Half of my off-road stuff is Team C, so I'm not new to finding the best parts deals.

I didn't buys spare arms for the TC10, but they're a huge savings as well. A full set front and rear is right around $13 from RCH4L vs $36 for all 4 from HRP.

Last edited by hairless_ape; 01-09-2015 at 06:19 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.