Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Best servo 1/10 TC >

Best servo 1/10 TC

Best servo 1/10 TC

Old 11-09-2014, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Best servo 1/10 TC

Simply, I want the best servo for my 1/10 electric touring car.

I have set on an Ko Propo.

There are the RSx one10 Response and the BSx2 one10 Response.

The RSx have a coreless motor and the BSx a brushless.

The BSx cost more than the RSx.

Is it worth going for the BSx?
Old 11-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you can afford it, yes.

Brushless motors are better full stop.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i really like the Sanwa SGR-BLS and SGR-BLS v2. this was my go-to servo until Awesomatix released their own servo!
Old 11-10-2014, 03:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the answers.

The BSx2 one10 Response is quite new and I have read that some have problems with it.

Really wanting a brushless servo, counting out the RSx One 10, I bought the "old" well tested Futaba BLS551 instead.

The BLS551 is now replaces with a newer version (571 or something I guess), which is capable of running HV, but as I do not run HV in my touring car, the BLS551 will do fine.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I've got a 551. It's plenty fast/strong in a TC and takes a beating. Really good bit of gear.

Sadly superseded and the replacement 571 doesn't appear to do anything better apart from handling 7.4+V as you mentioned. I think it is a little cheaper though, so I guess that's a small win.

As far as I can determine, this is pointless in electric TC with current battery tech, we can't guarantee full 7.4V for a whole run (due to both peak draw and voltage drop), so performance of the servo would fluctuate.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cplus
I've got a 551. It's plenty fast/strong in a TC and takes a beating. Really good bit of gear.

Sadly superseded and the replacement 571 doesn't appear to do anything better apart from handling 7.4+V as you mentioned. I think it is a little cheaper though, so I guess that's a small win.

As far as I can determine, this is pointless in electric TC with current battery tech, we can't guarantee full 7.4V for a whole run (due to both peak draw and voltage drop), so performance of the servo would fluctuate.
Yes, agree. Wonder if you could power the reciever directly from the +/- on the esc and have some small capacitor/regulator in between to provide a (more or less) stable voltage.

On mylaps I can see that my receiver receives a constant voltage of 5,8V from the esc, and even though this is not even 6V, it is constant through out the entire run.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been really impressed with the Xpert 3401 low profile servos, so far. I have a lee martin edition and a full aluminum case version. They have some of the best specs and aren't very expensive. Fast, strong and precise, without drawing a ton of power.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Ame servo is the best,I used futaba bls servos for years and i can definitely say the ame tops it
Old 11-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

I moved from ko to the sanwa bls v2 to allow the SHR functionality of the Exzes Z I bought. It's stunning, I've never had such a smooth and precise servo. Still have a soft spot for KO but can't see myselft changing this combo.