Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Election

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by masterhit
No argument from me on those points. It was in response to if ROAR decided to restrict their materials that big events could go on without much of a hiccup. Sure it might take someone some time to gather a few PDFs on their phone before the event etc.

And honestly if a pass fail from a lab isn't good enough.... Well it's no different, better, or worse than the info we have to go off of now!

Personally I would love to see peace and happiness among all with good racing and turnouts like we used to enjoy. In spite of ourselves.

Mike
The cost to "fight" this is not worth it anyway. After all we are talking about $35.00/year for a track to be a member for the year. Or presumably a temporary track like Snowbirds or IIC could join for $35.00 as well. it is a drop in the bucket that is a bargain when the alternative is to create and manage a complete set of rules, approval, etc.

The problem is that ROAR does the same thing they do with their RMT events - they run the race as if it is an obligation and expect racers to just show up for the sake of showing up. They do nothing to market themselves or their event to racers or affiliate tracks.

The only way for ROAR to grow and improve is to think of themselves as a for profit business instead of being content with breaking even.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:39 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The cost to "fight" this is not worth it anyway. After all we are talking about $35.00/year for a track to be a member for the year. Or presumably a temporary track like Snowbirds or IIC could join for $35.00 as well. it is a drop in the bucket that is a bargain when the alternative is to create and manage a complete set of rules, approval, etc.

The problem is that ROAR does the same thing they do with their RMT events - they run the race as if it is an obligation and expect racers to just show up for the sake of showing up. They do nothing to market themselves or their event to racers or affiliate tracks.

The only way for ROAR to grow and improve is to think of themselves as a for profit business instead of being content with breaking even.
And we have a winner ladies and gentlemen!

How to do that is the million dollar question though!

EA
Old 11-24-2014, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Great points. I agree that races could easily be "marketed" better.

Jake D.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Also 100% agree with Rick last statement. The only way ROAR events get large turnouts is when the host track promotes it and that's usually left to the racers at that track. Horsham and Jackson are good examples of the that where they had great turnouts for Carpet and Paved nats. But look at Omaha last year for carpet nats, a great location and a fabulous facility but the turn out was horrible. The racers didn't promote and ROAR surely didn't do anything.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NITRO 540
Should Roar enforce our copyright on our rules to the non-affiliate tracks?

ROAR
30262 Crown Valley Parkway # B 454
Laguna Niguel CA 92677
Phone 949 - 494 - 0515 [email protected]

The ROAR name and logo are trademarks of Remotely Operated Auto Racers and may not be used for any purpose without the express, written consent of ROAR. The ROAR name and logo may not be used in connection with products, packaging, manuals, promotional or advertising materials, or websites for any purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license agreement from ROAR.
ROAR RULES COPYRIGHT © 2013
Why? Tracks/ clubs could just look to any other sanctioning body for their rules.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

ROAR
Laguna Niguel CA 92677

The ROAR name and logo are trademarks of Remotely Operated Auto Racers and may not be used for any purpose without the express, written consent of ROAR. The ROAR name and logo may not be used in connection with products, packaging, manuals, promotional or advertising materials, or websites for any purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license agreement from ROAR.
You clearly have no idea how copyright law works... Maybe you should invent special glasses to view the rules... That way everyone can send away for the secret glasses to view the special rules.

Come on guys you make yourself relevant by creating good solid rules that are aligned with the rest of the governing bodies around the world and you market and push your national race program. That's it...
Old 11-24-2014, 04:01 PM
Suspended

Well now I know why Warfield called it MEOW all those years. Guess he has no fear of getting sued! Smart.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
Those measurements are like the colonels secret recipe for manufacturers. It is not a good idea to publish them. All the measurements you need are in section 8.5 of the rulebook.
They don't give them to the Manufactures. In fact, they "silently" refuse.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by masterhit
No argument from me on those points. It was in response to if ROAR decided to restrict their materials that big events could go on without much of a hiccup. Sure it might take someone some time to gather a few PDFs on their phone before the event etc.

And honestly if a pass fail from a lab isn't good enough.... Well it's no different, better, or worse than the info we have to go off of now!

Personally I would love to see peace and happiness among all with good racing and turnouts like we used to enjoy. In spite of ourselves.

Mike
A pass/fail from a lab only means that the samples passed/failed. A tech inspector at a race can't tell from the approval is the motor he/she is looking at has the right height stator....or the right resistance...

Last edited by Advil; 11-24-2014 at 05:15 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar
Old 11-24-2014, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
They don't give them to the Manufactures. In fact, they "silently" refuse.
I am the battery certifier, I know what is given to manufacturers.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

I am talking about motors. Battery and speed control information is freely passed to the manufacturer.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:52 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I am talking about motors. Battery and speed control information is freely passed to the manufacturer.
Yes I agree that Jason and Howard both do a great job with their certifications, how quickly they do them and the feedback they provide!

EA
Old 11-24-2014, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

ROAR
Laguna Niguel CA 92677

So here we are again with the attitude. I think this had turned into a somewhat constructive conversation. Again, another reason ROAR needs to take a step back and look at the suggestions being offered and act on them not come back with comments like this.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

After being accused/involved in the lawsuit from many angles, I am sure the motor lab has every right to remain silent, unbiased and ensuring nothing is misrepresented as official communication from ROAR. Time will probably help that some. Some of us live on the Internet while others do not. At ROAR run events, the lab is always in communication with the ROAR RMT inspectors when needed.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

ROAR
Laguna Niguel CA 92677

And people call me a troll.

What hurts my soul is that you're serious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.