Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Election

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 09:14 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

And no I am not Brown guy....any moderator can trace the IP address and know if its someone with multiple accounts!!

EA

Last edited by racer1812; 11-19-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:20 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by NITRO 540
Lets take a vote.
Roar annual membership fee. $35.00. Non Profit Organization
OR
For Profit organization annual membership fee $150.00 @ a minimum

Let the games begin!!!!
Flight guys pay 58.00 a year for membership and dont seem to have a problem with it because they get something that they feel is of value in return.

Its all about getting what you pay for. You get a great product people will pay for it. Look at anything anywhere. You put out crap people get mad and stop buying crap. That part is pretty simple to understand.

EA

Last edited by EAMotorsports; 11-19-2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CBear3
And Oval still uses ROAR approvals and rules for electronics (which admittedly you might be able to get from the BRCA/IFMAR/etc, but now you'll have zero say in the manner).
True, but those are guidelines. And I'm a ROAR member, yet I still have ZERO say in the matter since they choose to rig elections, Approve stuff like speedo software, then disallow it, approve a motor, then ban it, etc. They can't properly execute their own rules, and bow to manufacturer interests. Sad really....
Old 11-19-2014, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Brown guy a his crap post are gone
Old 11-19-2014, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Flight guys pay 150ish a year for membership

AMA membership is $58 per year ($48 if you're age 65+)
Old 11-19-2014, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Flight guys pay 150ish a year for membership and dont seem to have a problem with it because they get something that they feel is of value in return.

Its all about getting what you pay for. You get a great product people will pay for it. Look at anything anywhere. You put out crap people get mad and stop buying crap. That part is pretty simple to understand.

EA
Why do you even need an organization? It seems the majority in the hobby haven't been ROAR members unless they ran a Regional or National event. ROAR's rules are basically the same as IFMAR. IIC, Snowbirds, etc prove you don't need ROAR's presence to make a race big and successful. What will a new organization give me that ROAR isn't currently, and that we apparently have been able to live without the past years?

I know he's taken a lump or two in this thread, but look at USVTA. The only new idea I've seen that takes a national concept to drive the local racing is their National Points System. And one of those men is on the ExCom. I get to race VTA maybe twice a year if I'm lucky, but joined simply to show my support for trying to adapt a concept and use it to help improve local racing and drive it away from just being a practice session for the next big race.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:32 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by slakr
Ah ok. Thanks for the correction. I want aware the actual cost just going off of what was referenced somewhere else. Edited my post to reflect the correct price.

EA
Old 11-19-2014, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NITRO 540
Lets take a vote.
Roar annual membership fee. $35.00. Non Profit Organization
OR
For Profit organization annual membership fee $150.00 @ a minimum

Let the games begin!!!!
I'd gladly pay the $150 a year to not deal with the people who are currently in charge at ROAR.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Nothing in the bylaws about hate speech?
Old 11-19-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slakr
The AMA is a larger pool to swim in.

I wouldn't mind paying $75 a year for competence.

I feel that my current dues are wasted on infighting and mismanagement. If they'd just stay consistent, leave existing approvals in place, and listen to the constituents that put them in office, rather than a few select mfg's whose equipment doesn't make the cut competitively under the EXISTING rules, I'd be satisfied.

The random nature they see fit to govern under is what makes me upset.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Nothing in the bylaws about hate speech?
An intelligent individual would never construe criticism as "hate speech".
Old 11-19-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
True, but those are guidelines. And I'm a ROAR member, yet I still have ZERO say in the matter since they choose to rig elections, Approve stuff like speedo software, then disallow it, approve a motor, then ban it, etc. They can't properly execute their own rules, and bow to manufacturer interests. Sad really....
There is always a way to circumvent rules, especially when software is involved. I would much prefer that we allow the possibility of making corrections, i.e. banning previously-approved programs or devices, than to be stuck with all previous approvals (which may give an unfair advantage to some manufacturer's products). If this is not allowed, then there is no way for rules to be enforced. The process must be self-correcting.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sometimes you just have to play by the rules. It is pretty obvious EA is out this year but now we know the way the game is to be played. Let them have this battle for now, but the war can still be won.
Next year for VP someone has to be nominated that the members want and is not a write in. Get that person elected. Bring a little sanity to the organization for the following year.
In '16 either EA runs again or possibly someone with similar qualifications runs, knowing full well the next time what the rules are. Get that person elected. This is the only way real change in the organization is going to happen.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
Really? Whats to keep another organization from being another non-profit that charges $35 for a annual membership. That's like saying this:

Lets take a vote:
A $20 entry to a non-profit club's race
OR
Pay $120 to enter a FOR profit club's race
My point is this. You want an organization like NASCAR and pay nothing for it.
Bottom line @ the end of the day.Its all about the money.
What do you get for your money?
Here you go.
The best $35.00 bucks you will ever spend. Priceless!!!

There are far more people who do not want to pay a yearly ROAR membership fee to attend the events. Any well run successfully promoted series will attract both ROAR and non ROAR members.

ROAR has an established set of rules which many other unsanctioned events still follow because there are no other options and nor do they care to take the time to establish their own.

Depending on the track owners insurance situation, ROAR brings insurance coverage to the owner and if fully enforced to all the racers attending that event.

ROAR does have a scaled system for tracks to host/promote events which can lead to them hosting higher level events. Normally, before a track can host a national event, they are required to prove themselves at hosting events at the state and regional level.

What's in it for a racer?

Probably the largest thing that is overlooked is a system which can qualify them into the IFMAR World Championships. In most cases, you have to run well at ROAR National Events to be selected to represent the US in the world championships.

Possibly an increased level of competition/talent based on your own perception. Within our country. I think we have always viewed the ROAR races as a step up from a club race but still at a similar level to other larger hosted events. I have been involved for a 8 years now and it really is a way to increase your skills if you are really interested in the competition. You can say you have been able to run with the fast guys. It's a great learning ground and plenty of the people in it are always willing to provide help, information, etc. It's a great place to see the younger generation grow and start competing at a national level. The young superstars in our country. National Champions. ROAR is not about getting sponsorships, but it's brand recognition by the vendor industry does lead to those.

The opportunity to race at facilities in addition to your local tracks. This brings racers to other tracks where they can all share in the entry turnouts including helping support those local economies.

You can't beat the friendships and stories you make along the way. I think I have too many to count or tell from the each of the tracks and events we have attended. From cooking steaks on the grill on Friday nights before the events, sharing meals and just hanging out.
Oh one last thing.
Roar members get additional 5% off @ Absolute Hobbyz. Call them for your coupon code.
Now tell me that's NOT a deal!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
This ALONE encompasses the last ten years of ROAR's "leadership" Ambiguous? Legal today, banned next Tuesday. They can't even properly execute their OWN ruleset. "Ohhhhh, our tools were too old." "We're all volunteers, what do you expect from us?" Please.
It probably got lost in my sarcasm but the way I see it ROAR is a perfect reflection of many of people posting on this thread. Rules are good when they are to my benefit, when they are not they can be ignored or manipulated. Neither group has any credibility. Speculation on my part but I bet a few posting here have a long history of bending the rules (cheating) which makes this thread just that much more special.

You are a smart guy and I tend to agree with most of the things you post. In this thread there have been some constructive thought, mostly saying lets take a step back, evaluate how ROAR plays the game and then beat them at it. Be above board, make sure all the details are met and don't leave it up to interpretation. It can be done and might actually produce leadership with a legitimate mandate. To me that is much more constructive than floating absurd conspiracy theories or talking about "old boys clubs" which seems to be code for "I can't construct an argument why they are disqualifying EA so I'll stick with worn out cliches".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.