Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to RC any need tips

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by niznai
Deans connectors have their own pitfalls.
If you silly enough to solder a connector the wrong way & DONT double check it before plugging in.......
I mean, look at the color of the cables , if correct red will line up with red

Deans & other plugs are far safer than bullet/banana connectors. Its easier to plug in a banana the wrong way at the track when you may be in a rush.

Some deans copies are better than others, there was a batch from Hking that simply wouldnt plug in or needed pliers to unplug them.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

An old trick to keep from hooking things up backwards when you're in a hurry.

Don't use the same length wire from the ESC to the battery. Orient your battery the way you prefer to run it, (I usually put the connectors towards the rear of the car), then cut your wire length where the shorter wire will only reach the closest terminal. You can't put it in the wrong terminal if the wire won't reach that far. You spend a couple of extra minutes wiring up the first time but you are safe from there on in. Still color code things for safety, but length alone helps when you are in a hurry.