Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Anodizing parts for your On Road Sedan ? >

Anodizing parts for your On Road Sedan ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anodizing parts for your On Road Sedan ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up Anodizing parts for your On Road Sedan ?

We ( my boys and I ) have several sedans and wanted to do a couple chassis in colors parts are unavailable in. We Youtubed on the subject and decided against doing it ourselves. We called several Anodizers in Southern California with some trepidation as a number of members here have posted about parts being lost by the Anodizing Service that they used. We Settled on Precision Anodizing & Plating Services http://precisionanodizingandplating.com/ (714) 996-1601 in Anaheim, Ca. . It was a large factory and I didn't think they would want our business...I WAS WRONG. The Vice President himself, Abel Salazar, took care of us. The minimum $65 fee for each color applied, they have a waste disposal fee but they also have discounts that can offset that.
NO PARTS WERE MISSING ! in fact, each part or small group of parts were carefully wrapped in soft absorbent paper so no parts touched each other and numbered !! Beautiful satin finish. We chose Gold & Purple. We highly recommend this company and we'll be posting these chassis in a while in this forum right here : http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...i-xxx-s-4.html .
Here are some pics :

Even though there were several different types of Aluminum alloy, the colors matched beautifully, no doubt due to the experts prepping and observing the process ! We'll be going back.

Last edited by bigfatslob; 10-21-2014 at 03:24 PM.