Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin vs. Novak

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Hey Cuffs, you still owe me those GTXs back... Specially Now......
Old 09-15-2005, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

TEKIN G 11 THE FAST JUST GOT FASTER!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

LMAO @ Charlie.....
Old 09-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I ran the tekin G10 Pro+ for a while and have to say that it was the best brushed ESC I ever ran (better than Q2, GTX, GT7, VFS, and 7.1) but with the new brushed/brushless speedos from Novak and LRP I would suggest you go that route so you will be ready when brushless motors become common place.

Mark
Old 09-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ahhhh.....<sighing>..........I remember back in the day when this was THE argument when it came to speed controls. Good times...Good times...

Personally, I prefered my G10 over my GT-7. It was smaller and lighter, not to mention easier to program. Also the lack of a power cap and no need for a schottky give the Tekin an even bigger edge.

The GTX doesn't seem like its all that much better than the GT-7. As Cuffs showed, its still bigger and heavier than Tekin's newest unit and I doubt its easier to program.

My next speedcontrol is likely the Tekin G11. It just seems to have it all.

Either way, when you think realize that Tekin was pretty much out of the game for a good number of years, the fact that they have come back and are right there as far as technology, size, and programability, with Novak, it makes you wonder what Novak has been doing all these years that Tekin has been gone. Certainly not advancing the field thats for sure...

Things moved alot better when these two are in heavy competition. One-touch set up...mini FET...programability.....higher programability...and getting rid of those damn pot adjusters...all came while these two were going at it.

Hopefully now that Tekin is back, we'll start seeing even more advancement. Something other than every company screaming "oh...oh...oh....look our speedo is half a piece of a mm smaller than the last version".
Old 09-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

AS a tekin driver i can promise that tekin is back better than ever with new products including chargers that are gonna BLOW YOU AWAY!
Old 09-15-2005, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Charlie for president.

I love my GT7s, MicroGTs and GTXs, bruthas. Novak supports their customers extremely well and mine have always performed flawlessly. Haven't blown a speed control since Quantum days.

Yeah, sure, I'm biased too.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jon Williams
Charlie for president.

I love my GT7s, MicroGTs and GTXs, bruthas. Novak supports their customers extremely well and mine have always performed flawlessly. Haven't blown a speed control since Quantum days.

Yeah, sure, I'm biased too.
Everyone is bias bro, we just know how to admit it.
KT
Old 09-16-2005, 06:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My GTX is still holding up well.. and I like it better then my
GM v12sx.... Cuff.. let me try the spare G10 you have..

~Ming
Old 10-26-2005, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Im deciding between the G11 and the GTX. Ive done some research and found that they both have minimum brake, drag brake, minimum drive, and adjustable brake and drive frequencies. The GTX has an adjustable dead band and the G11 has a current limiter. The GTX has .00034 resistance and Im not sure what the G11's resistance is, the site says .0003 and the manual says .0002 I dont think I could really tell the difference, but since Im stuck between the two I might as well look at that. They're pretty much the same size, and the novak weights a little more which I dont think is really significant. The tekin looks like its easier to adjust, and I like the soldering posts instead of the holes in the circuit board. However, I think Im leaning toward the novak because of the problem with the BEC on the G11, I was looking at their forum and they have no solution, and apparently the spedo can even blow if the BEC is overloaded. Im running a Futaba s9451, but even if It'll be ok with that servo, I dont like the idea of it having this problem at all. Im also wondering which company has better customer service, Ive read some good things about novak, and judging by Tekin's site, I would guess their customer service isnt great. Has anyone actually tried both of these? Which one had more punch and which was smoother (when set to be that way of course).

Thanks
Old 10-26-2005, 05:14 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I know I'm really wanting the new G-11. I have ran Tekin since they came out back in the day and tried a few Novaks as well. My last Tekin was the G-10 and one thing is that is is the easiest speedo to change settings on.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
butter i luv ya bro but i have to differ then u on one thing. the gtx is slightly bigger then the g11 with the cap on the side. its also heavier.
I love those pics. I love my G-10 and I want a G-11.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Go with LRP quantum 2 had it ever since it came out and ive had the GTX sold that and stuck with the LRP.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:05 PM
Tech Adept

I know this is somewhat around the main topic, but i am currently using the g-10+ and thinking of getting the g-11, they are in my opinion a really great product if you find the right positioning on the chasis. (MI2 and YOK BD)
My question is can anyone recommend settings for stock and mod racing to get
the most out of the esc? med technical track is what i usually run on with good grip. thanks!
Old 10-27-2005, 02:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mr. Shims: check out the Tekin thread... Jeff Cuffs, the winner of the IIC Stock foams posted his settings for 27T, 19T & Modified... so i see you are interested in the G11... me too!!! My G10 was working perfectly fine... the MTroniks Cirrus PRO (god rest its soul after burning in flame) was a no good ESC... sorry to those who are offended The GTX is fine but I need the power of TEKIN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.