Old 02-25-2015, 11:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Ill be running one in my RC12 r5.2 :-)
Old 02-25-2015, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
Mod TC is the one class that might need a fan.
We can also provide an updated firmware that has the ESC temp adjusted we think the original firmware is too sensitive to temperature, meaning it turns off the speed control at too low a temp.

We are trying to get the website working to provide these items but we are having issues with the webmaster.

Please contact us by email and we can try to get you sorted.
[email protected]

Sean, I have sent you a PM
Old 05-11-2015, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

What kind of boost and top speed timing would people recommend for 1S WGT (BRCA GT10, really), with a Reedy Sonic Mach 2 10.5T motor? With how much timing on the endbell?
Old 05-14-2015, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pphaneuf
What kind of boost and top speed timing would people recommend for 1S WGT (BRCA GT10, really), with a Reedy Sonic Mach 2 10.5T motor? With how much timing on the endbell?
With a rollout of 54mmpr (which I'm told is a big on the high side), 20 degrees on the endbell, and max timing advance of 40 degrees (start at 4000 RPM, finish at 16000 RPM), and no top speed timing (the straight is fairly short), the motor came out just above 30C (86F)!

With the rollout being on the high side, I'd have expected to have to be careful with the timing, but clearly, there's a lot more power to get out of this, right? Any suggestions?
Old 05-14-2015, 10:57 AM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pphaneuf
With a rollout of 54mmpr (which I'm told is a big on the high side), 20 degrees on the endbell, and max timing advance of 40 degrees (start at 4000 RPM, finish at 16000 RPM), and no top speed timing (the straight is fairly short), the motor came out just above 30C (86F)!

With the rollout being on the high side, I'd have expected to have to be careful with the timing, but clearly, there's a lot more power to get out of this, right? Any suggestions?
We do not have any experience with that application.
Looking at your numbers it seems fine. Next I would add some top speed timing, start with 10 and move from there.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Mod TC is the one class that might need a fan.
We can also provide an updated firmware that has the ESC temp adjusted we think the original firmware is too sensitive to temperature, meaning it turns off the speed control at too low a temp.

We are trying to get the website working to provide these items but we are having issues with the webmaster.

Please contact us by email and we can try to get you sorted.
[email protected]
Is the updated firmware available on the site yet? I'm looking forward to trying out the Esc.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:03 AM
Tech Addict

We do not have any experience with that application.
Should be fairly generic, 1S pan cars...

Looking at your numbers it seems fine. Next I would add some top speed timing, start with 10 and move from there.
Maybe it's a silly question, since I'm starting out in boosted (all I've raced before was running blinky), but do I understand correctly, or can the timing numbers be a lot more aggressive with ESC timing advance? For example, with the 20 degrees I have on the motor endbell and 40 degrees more from the ESC, that comes out to 60 degrees total, correct? Normally, I'd never go past 40 degrees on the motor endbell, and even that is quite high, would get the motor very hot! But since that timing only comes into play at higher RPMs instead of all the time, I can afford more overall timing?

Some people seem to set their motor endbell at 0 degree (or whatever is the lowest, running a Reedy Sonic Mach 2 10.5 here, BTW), and set all the timing through the ESC, is that a better approach?

If I understand correctly, while keeping the maximum advance constant, increasing the finish RPM will make the timing advance come in more slowly, increasing torque, and possibly keeping the motor cooler (since the maximum timing would come in later, so it would spend more time at lower timing settings), while still keeping it for the straight line speed? Although it seems that the top speed timing feature seems to be more appropriate for the straight line speed (as the name would tell!), I'm just trying to get my head around what the settings do...

Start RPM is probably the one I "get" the least, if I'd set it very low (500 RPM, say), what would happen? Seems like it would give a very progressive increase of timing, but most people have it at 5000-6000 RPM? If I'm running 20 degrees on the motor endbell, a higher setting might make sense, but if I'm setting the endbell at 0 degrees, wouldn't starting the ESC timing advance very early make sense?

The top speed timing is triggered by the acceleration timing finish RPM, is that correct? What's the difference between, say, 30 degrees of acceleration timing and 20 degrees of top speed timing, or 50 degrees of acceleration timing with a higher finish RPM (and no top speed timing)? I suppose the top speed timing can result in a steeper timing "curve"?

Thanks for your help!
Old 05-15-2015, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

We spent some time fiddling with 1S 13.5 boosted before blinky took over stock. If you set the start RPM too low the boost comes on mid corner and upsets the car. Top speed timing adds a lot more heat than boost timing. We ended up setting the initial RPM high enough that the car got out on the straight before the boost really kicked in. We also turned off the top end timing, though we had a short (90') straight. Adding more static timing also turned up the heat, so we stuck to ESC timing for the most part.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ran the new esc yesterday in mod TC and it shut down from over temp issue installed the new software and everything to go good but now the speedo won't turn on. Any help would be nice. I can get the speedo to come one when down loading from the laptop but as soon as I plug it in to my battery nothing

Thanks Chris
Old 04-07-2016, 07:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

I also posted this in a similar forum for the Reedy Blackbox.
But does anyone have any settings for 13.5 boosted, 2s TC for indoor on carpet, FDR between 7-7.5. The track is technical with a 30m straight. Motor timing is set at 30 degrees.
I'm unsure what levels to set the boost rpm etc to as a starting base line. Then which way to go to make things more aggressive or smoother.
Any help would be appreciated. Looking forward to using this esc.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Will the 510r programmer work on the 410r esc?
Old 03-10-2017, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Customworksking
Will the 510r programmer work on the 410r esc?
no
Old 03-10-2017, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Bummer I can't find one for a 410r
Old 03-10-2017, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I may have an extra you can get...are you going to the Scale Nats in April?