Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree24Likes

HPI HB PRO 5

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

I loved my old Cyclone, and love the look/handling of the pro5's I've seen trackside, however, what is parts support like in the UK?
Old 02-08-2016, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Loheswaran
I loved my old Cyclone, and love the look/handling of the pro5's I've seen trackside, however, what is parts support like in the UK?
UK seems quite good, I get a lot of my parts from there. They actually get all the option parts unlike the US and Asia
Old 02-08-2016, 10:48 PM
Tech Rookie

I dont really have a problem with the stock steering blocks. After switching to TCXX chubs that is the part that breaks now and im all out of spares, and they are sold out everywhere I can see. I just need an option that can keep my pro5 going for all the important races coming up. I believe with the longer axle stub the plastic 3 hole 68796 blocks will work. By going with the longer stub are there any other makes that become usable? Thanks
Old 02-10-2016, 02:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I may be able to help... selling my Pro5 and a heap of spares including 3 sets of the "white line" soft pro 5 c-hubs and 5 sets of knuckles. I've got some other rarities like 1.5 FR and 2.0/2.5RR suspension blocks. Thanks to the low aussie dollar I can offer everything shipped to the states for US$400

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...l#post14384673
Old 02-10-2016, 02:57 AM
Tech Regular

Difficulties with HPI Europe and with Andy leaving is HPI about to implode?

I really feel for the guys in the UK and hope that something can get sorted out, they are a terrific bunch.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoyle
Difficulties with HPI Europe and with Andy leaving is HPI about to implode?

I really feel for the guys in the UK and hope that something can get sorted out, they are a terrific bunch.
Things arent looking good. Hiro is also out. HPI hasnt seemed to be doing good for a while, especially when it comes to things like part support and innovation.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scooty
First off ill start by saying I do enjoy my pro5 and I do expect to break parts, that's not the issue. But what is a huge issue is not being able to get new parts. Is April 30th a realistic date for all these steering parts coming back to being in stock?! State champs are in March so how can i expect to run this car?
Maybe you can ask Andy or Hiro for some parts? Looks like they have left the company. Very disturbing and sad indeed... I wonder what makes one company go bad vs. another. It seems that the RC market has been doing well over the past several years. Product-wise, it seems HPI is just as good, if not better in some cases, against other companies. Unless their running costs are outrageous compared to others. But I would assume XRAY would be worse than that.

http://www.redrc.net/2016/02/andy-mo...b/#more-108110
Old 02-10-2016, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theclutch
Maybe you can ask Andy or Hiro for some parts? Looks like they have left the company. Very disturbing and sad indeed... I wonder what makes one company go bad vs. another. It seems that the RC market has been doing well over the past several years. Product-wise, it seems HPI is just as good, if not better in some cases, against other companies. Unless their running costs are outrageous compared to others. But I would assume XRAY would be worse than that.

http://www.redrc.net/2016/02/andy-mo...b/#more-108110
A lack of organisation, insufficient marketing and poor management.

HPI products are decent. The Pro5 is a decent car. But if there's no support for it, no parts in the stores, and no marketing to promote it, the development expense has been wasted. You have to sell a shed load of kits to pay a pro-drivers salary, and HPI haven't been shifting race kits in volume for years.

They either need to sort that out, or just shit-can the race kits and stick to RTR stuff.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Seems like HPI/HB is going through some tough financial issues. Big names with big pay are being cut off from on/off road. They had to hire insolvency agents to try and save the EU division. Will HPI just drop HB and become an RTR company like redcat?
Old 02-10-2016, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by redbones
Seems like HPI/HB is going through some tough financial issues. Big names with big pay are being cut off from on/off road. They had to hire insolvency agents to try and save the EU division. Will HPI just drop HB and become an RTR company like redcat?
Definitely seems like HPI has been going towards the basher crowd for a while. If you follow their facebook page, they only promote drifting and their rtr kits it seems.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

To me it has seemed like, for the on-road part anyways, recently the Hot Bodies line has been geared towards competition and HPI as RTR and "higher end entry level" type stuff for newcomers and those looking for more than brands like Redcat and Vaterra and Chinese knock-offs can offer. I'm not saying nothing HPI can compete, it's just the way I see it how they design, market and use their products.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Just dropping by to wish Hiro good luck on your future endeavors brah! I learned a lot from this guy. See you at either TITC or AOC.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I still have my Exotek Cyclone TC and found a way to get Pro 5 C-hubs with DCJs on it. Then I went and bought another car but I might race the Cyclone in USGT anyway.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

I wish to say Good Luck to Andy, Hiro and all the best to HPI for a better future.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

Freddy Sudhoff is also out at hpi
http://www.redrc.net/2016/02/freddy-...-leaves-hpihb/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.