Like Tree24Likes

HPI HB PRO 5

Old 03-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Diffs are different as TCXX is using 39T and Pro5 40T...
Old 03-21-2015, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Airwave
Diffs are different as TCXX is using 39T and Pro5 40T...
How about the diff case will the TCXX diff case bolt onto the Pro 5 chassis?
Old 03-22-2015, 12:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Dual pivot block are only the same.
The diff is bigger and sincerely really really better than tcxx one.
The shocks are different and tower shocks too.
For the moment all that I built is better than the tcxx and really more sharp.
The spool is the same than the tcxx and for me it's a not a good news.
I didn't finish to build my car but it's in good way.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can someone tell me why would one care about having the "infinitely adjustable camber" as shown in the pic from the manual? i.e. - it looks like it's redundant with just adjusting the camber turnbuckles which is also "infinite". Why would I want two different ways to adjust camber? The one shown on the pic involves adding washers. But WHY? It seems redundant with turnbuckles and I don't understand. I can see an advantage that if there were no turnbuckles that the setting would theoretically hold better after crashes. But removing AT LEAST two screws and adding washers to adjust camber seems like a major PITA to me vs. turnbuckles...
Attached Thumbnails HPI HB PRO 5-capture.jpg  
Old 03-23-2015, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theclutch
Can someone tell me why would one care about having the "infinitely adjustable camber" as shown in the pic from the manual? i.e. - it looks like it's redundant with just adjusting the camber turnbuckles which is also "infinite". Why would I want two different ways to adjust camber? The one shown on the pic involves adding washers. But WHY? It seems redundant with turnbuckles and I don't understand. I can see an advantage that if there were no turnbuckles that the setting would theoretically hold better after crashes. But removing AT LEAST two screws and adding washers to adjust camber seems like a major PITA to me vs. turnbuckles...

That's not how you adjust camber..... It's a roll center adjustment, and a camber gain adjustment.
It replaces the need for multiple holes on the bulkheads which only give you a few options that don't change things as much as you can with this new setup.

You still set camber with a threaded turnbuckle.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I saw the PRO5 in action this weekend. It looked really good.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

first full weekend with the Pro5. this is 100% better than the TCXX. this just turns and wants to turn you can be aggressive or smooth as you want with it.
its very stable and easy to drive. responds very well to setup changes. the build quality seems better that before.
all the Little things add up and make this the best TC HPI/HB has produced to date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2015, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Chrisgt2
That's not how you adjust camber..... It's a roll center adjustment, and a camber gain adjustment.
It replaces the need for multiple holes on the bulkheads which only give you a few options that don't change things as much as you can with this new setup.

You still set camber with a threaded turnbuckle.
Ah... that makes sense... From HPI's website, I got confused by the following. Thanks!

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/114500

"What do you think are the PRO5's best features?

I think the one feature that makes the car unique is our infinite selections of camber links, this makes it easier for us to make fine adjustments to the car. The PRO5 is designed so precisely that we not only focused on the geometry of the car, but we also focused on all the small details that make this car so flawless. Also, it fits both carpet and asphalt racing because the car has quickness and stability at the same time. I believe the PRO5 can be equally fast on both surfaces"
Old 03-23-2015, 02:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi all,

I'm starting to post some info of the Pro5 as it seems the Pro5 shipment has started arriving to everybody.

First off, I will post up some setup information from past race events with the car. Here is Andy Moore's setup from TITC 2015.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Pro5 Andy Moore_TITC 2015.zip (190.2 KB, 123 views)
Old 03-23-2015, 03:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by theclutch
TCXX (and other TCs) have fixed locations for mounting the inner camber link. Looks like this has more adjustability in and out to make the camber link longer or shorter. IMO It is a real stretch to claim this adjustment is infinite when there are spacers involved.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

As far as far as 1/10 tc adjustments go it is pretty close to infinite within a set of parameters. Of course its not truly infinite. But you can adjust it from its longest seting to its shortest in .05mm increments if you were so inclined. Do we need that level of adjustability, not really, but since its the only original concept on this "car that changes everything" they have to push it. Otherwise its just another 2 belt tc. Just like all the rest.

I do like the concept though, but inevitability, there will be a standard amount of spacers set and very little deviation from that will ever occur.

Now that kits are shipping, I suspect parts to be just a few months behind.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Part are at HPI/HB USA and should be out to distributors soon if not all ready
Old 03-24-2015, 05:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

How do the mounting holes on the PRO 5 chassis compare with the TCXX? I have an Arrowmax chassis for my TCXX and would like to know if it will work on the PRO 5
Thanks.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
How do the mounting holes on the PRO 5 chassis compare with the TCXX? I have an Arrowmax chassis for my TCXX and would like to know if it will work on the PRO 5
Thanks.
Hi John,

The mounting holes on the pro5 chassis are quite different from the TCXX's. We also offer following optional chassis as option parts.

2.0mm Aluminum Main Chassis
2.25mm Wide Carbon Chassis (92mm width)

Those two option chassis work really well especially on carpet. We normally use the kit std chassis for asphalt.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2015, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

Is it possible to use the battery mounting system of the old TCX onto the Pro5? I hate using battery tape or Velcro straps.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.