Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
sts rs12 modified turbo .12 >

sts rs12 modified turbo .12

sts rs12 modified turbo .12

Old 12-15-2002, 03:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: real thing

Last edited by edwintam; 10-08-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-16-2002, 07:28 PM
Tech Chat Moderator

Originally posted by kilokhan
Anybody know where to get it ?
I'm thinking of throwing that engine in to my RS4 2
kliohan; check your pm.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Has anyone tried to fit any of the aftermarket "big heads" on the RS12? Are the Novarossi-based heads compatible?
Old 12-17-2002, 06:46 PM
Tech Initiate

i have a v-one-s an i need to know what kind of flywheel would fit on this engine brands plz as the stock one will not fit on...thnx in advance
Old 12-19-2002, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by BOLISARIO
Has anyone tried to fit any of the aftermarket "big heads" on the RS12? Are the Novarossi-based heads compatible?
yes they are compatible. The button is the same as the button on a rbx12 or novarossi rs12.
Old 01-11-2003, 11:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default what glowplug for a STS 5-PORT TURBO EAD using 25% Nitro

well what do you people use on your fast engines? i need a turbo glowplug! what kind of filament should i use hot? cold? average? any suggestions please! part no.s would be good or names!! thanx ,Dean. oh im using byron if it makes any differance!
Old 01-11-2003, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

For the weather we get I would suggest a number number 3 RB plug for 16% nitro and a number 4 RB plug for 20% fuel.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-14-2003, 03:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Available in Europe

STS engines finally arrived and are available in Europe : http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/p...459&cat=&page=
Old 01-14-2003, 06:38 PM
TKT
Tech Initiate

Great Herb, does this mean that we will see them apearing on E-bay soon? I'm asuming that as they (you?) are importing them in Holland, sales will be reserved to the European countries? Or will they simply try to pigyback on the marketing and demand created by others to undercut peoples markets like they are doing with other products?

Sorry to all in advance about my tone but I'm tired of seeing companies take the time and effort to find products, spend thousands some times tens of thousands of dollars in marketing them and then have some don't give a crap dealer start grey marketing the stuff out of other countries totaly undercutting the companies that have invested in promoting the products. STS has a good US importer. They have promoted the products and done us all a favour. The least we can do is spend our money with them!
Old 01-14-2003, 11:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by TKT
Great Herb, does this mean that we will see them apearing on E-bay soon? I'm asuming that as they (you?) are importing them in Holland, sales will be reserved to the European countries? Or will they simply try to pigyback on the marketing and demand created by others to undercut peoples markets like they are doing with other products?

Don't know what their sales- and marketing strategy is. I helped them building their website.
The only thing I see as a driver that most products and brands that are offered in the US, are not or very difficult to get in Holland and/or Europe. For example in Holland : Only R&B, Novamega and Collari engines are offered in local hobby shops.

To my information they are focussing on Europe....

Last edited by herb; 01-14-2003 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:07 AM
TKT
Tech Initiate

Interesting, I was just curious why it seems that they are always trying to sell things on E-bay like tires and other parts. This is predominately used by US people not European, this would seem to indicate to me that they are selling outside of their teritory and as such are trying to sell product into the US?
Old 01-15-2003, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

You notice these products on Ebay because to sell a product on ebay throughout Europe the person has to click the available worldwide button. A lot of the dealers are not really interested in selling to America but if the people in America are willing to pay postage and buy on ebay then that is up to them.

I personally like Calandra Racing and would give them my money for an STS engine or car before I would buy one on ebay. I hope this clears things up a little.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:34 PM
Tech Rookie

300 doesn't sound right.. You might have that nasty air leak on the engine.. or too lean
Old 01-17-2003, 10:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Have You Seen the AG Piston&Sleeve

Their saying its the real deal.
300 normal operating temps with damage to the P/S.
They say it'll last 10 times longer then any other P/S.
www.khbracing.com
Old 01-20-2003, 12:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Lightbulb Exhaust outlet height

I just noticed that the exhaust outlet is 4.1 mm high whereas 4.5 mm is approx. the max allowed. I need more top end, and planned to put my dremel in the engine. Does anyone has experience with increasing the height of the exhaust port on the STS engine ? If yes, did you noticed an increase in top-end power ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.