Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to start

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 11:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Where to start

(13 year old novice) Trying to build a cool and fast drifting 1/10 scale car. What chassis should I start with?
Old 08-24-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

MST MS-01D ^^
Old 08-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

That's a really good question.
I'm not sure that people here are very interested in drifting in general.
I would try to find a forum that is more specialized in drifting

You never know though ... maybe some good answers will come forward.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Both of the above answers are true and can not be faulted, however the truth is that you can drift any touring TC chassis with the right tires and setup. It really depends on what your budget is for the build. If you only have a hundred bucks for the chassis. I recommend the Sakura Drift D3 CS. An HPI Sprint2 Drift might be easier to get depending on where you live.

If you have more money for the build and want a nicer car then yes MST has some of the best chassis around.

Take a look at driftmission.com for more information about the latest drift equipment.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:07 PM
Tech Initiate

I would say to look at what brands your local shop can get parts for. You never know when you'll end up breaking an A-arm or some other simple part that could end your day.

I recently had a great time drifting an Associated TC-4 (older but can be picked up cheap used) with some plastic pipe "tires" fitted to a set of stock rims. It was almost like driving on ice if you were aggressive with the power but if you were smooth it was manageable.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

The good thing about drifting is you don't need a lot of speed since you'll be sliding around and unable to really put any power down. In this game, speed=$$$
Old 08-24-2014, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Yes. You don't need a ton of power, but torque helps. You can drift with any chassis almost unless you are into counter steer drifting. Yokomo is still strong in the drift market. Great chassis and shells for that. Awesome rims. Watanabe rims are my favorite.

Google RC race and drift Japan. They have a ton of stuff straight from the rising Sun. Takes a while to get it the state's.