Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY X12 - 2015 Specs

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 07:33 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I use one of these buckets at the top of my spring (You'll need to remove all the excess shims from top of the kingpin to keep the correct preload on the spring). It will remove the slop from the ball moving inside the lower arm and it will also keep the spring centered on the kingpin for super smooth action. I know I use them along with Alexander, Paul and others.

http://www.mcpappyracing.com/store/p...t-springs.html

EA
Old 10-30-2014, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haywood
My car is race ready with the optional graphite axle and titaninium screws kit and tips the scale at 707 grams without a body. My body will be about 40 grams so I will be almost 20 grams heavy. My wiring is very clean and short so I'm a little concerned. What are most others finding?
Do you have a pic of your car or what electronics you are running? I had to add weight to my car at IIC as well. Added 13g
Old 10-30-2014, 11:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I use one of these buckets at the top of my spring (You'll need to remove all the excess shims from top of the kingpin to keep the correct preload on the spring). It will remove the slop from the ball moving inside the lower arm and it will also keep the spring centered on the kingpin for super smooth action. I know I use them along with Alexander, Paul and others.

http://www.mcpappyracing.com/store/p...t-springs.html

EA
Thank you Eric. That was what was looking for.
I found a way to remove the slop in the arm, I boiled the arm an then squeezed this part a bit. this would remove slop, but wehn you over do it the ball is not free.
Anyway I will order these shims.
I have another question.
I like to try out the Xenon racing sterring knuckles, but which one is the best starting point?

Thank you
Old 10-30-2014, 11:39 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by silden
Thank you Eric. That was what was looking for.
I found a way to remove the slop in the arm, I boiled the arm an then squeezed this part a bit. this would remove slop, but wehn you over do it the ball is not free.
Anyway I will order these shims.
I have another question.
I like to try out the Xenon racing sterring knuckles, but which one is the best starting point?

Thank you
In order to use the Xenon ones you will need the steering blocks, King pins, front axles and Upper and lower balls. The xray kingpin is 3mm and the Xenon one is 1/8th inch and will have way too much slop. If you decide to try them use the 2 degree blocks. It will smooth the car out.

EA
Old 10-30-2014, 11:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

In order to use the Xenon ones you will need the steering blocks, King pins, front axles and Upper and lower balls. The xray kingpin is 3mm and the Xenon one is 1/8th inch and will have way too much slop. If you decide to try them use the 2 degree blocks. It will smooth the car out.

EA
I will try this on my sons X12, this one is already changed to AE kingpins and sterring knuckles.
Thank you
Old 10-30-2014, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigX
Do you have a pic of your car or what electronics you are running? I had to add weight to my car at IIC as well. Added 13g
Here it is... A picture of your car would be great! We have three of these kits running locally and all have weight issues.
Attached Thumbnails XRAY X12 - 2015 Specs-photo-5.jpg  
Old 10-30-2014, 01:50 PM
Team EAM

Here it is... A picture of your car would be great! We have three of these kits running locally and all have weight issues.
I am not sure how its heavy other than the speedo. If thats the alumn hobby wing I know its pretty heavy compared to others. How big are the tires?

At IIC my car was 13 grams under weight with a race painted body and full decals. Thats with Futaba servo, futaba receiver and orca speedo. Tires at 40 and 41mm. Graphite rear axle. Hiro Seiko screw kit. Everything else was stock

EA
Old 10-30-2014, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I am not sure how its heavy other than the speedo. If thats the alumn hobby wing I know its pretty heavy compared to others. How big are the tires?

At IIC my car was 13 grams under weight with a race painted body and full decals. Thats with Futaba servo, futaba receiver and orca speedo. Tires at 40 and 41mm. Graphite rear axle. Hiro Seiko screw kit. Everything else was stock

EA
It is the V3.1 HW that is alumn, weights 48g I believe but does not have an external cap.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

I posted a pic of my car a few pages back.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/13611371-post60.html

The ORCA 1S speedo is 41 grams so there's a bit of weight. I also use the newer smaller transponder which could count for a tiny bit more. Other than that...just aluminum screws where ever possible and as little wire as possible. I did have magnesium hubs on my car tho.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:21 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Kave
It is the V3.1 HW that is alumn, weights 48g I believe but does not have an external cap.
Thats 7 extra grams over my ORCA with cap there. Not sure where the rest is though.

EA
Old 10-30-2014, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default X12 2015

Who makes the hubs? What is the weight savings over the stock hubs?
Old 10-30-2014, 02:54 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by CraigX
I posted a pic of my car a few pages back.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/13611371-post60.html

The ORCA 1S speedo is 41 grams so there's a bit of weight. I also use the newer smaller transponder which could count for a tiny bit more. Other than that...just aluminum screws where ever possible and as little wire as possible. I did have magnesium hubs on my car tho.
Those were a gift!
Old 10-30-2014, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Who makes the hubs? What is the weight savings over the stock hubs?
I got them from EA...he knows the guy that makes them.

They use a standard D diff ring and since I needed a graphite axle as well, I used them with an Irrgang axle. Which of course, uses a standard D diff ring as well. Lightweight diff rings and ceramic balls...all adding to weight savings. I never weighed either for comparison. I will see if i can get a comparison.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I got mine back out for practice today with my new orca 13.5. Thanks to a blend of CraigX's setup, my own tweaking and some great input from EA Ive got it pretty well dialed in. Fantastic car, my TC is seeing a lot less use.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile gear ratio

Originally Posted by branover
I got mine back out for practice today with my new orca 13.5. Thanks to a blend of CraigX's setup, my own tweaking and some great input from EA Ive got it pretty well dialed in. Fantastic car, my TC is seeing a lot less use.
hello guys, what will be the gear ratio for the x12 with an 13,5 . 8,5 and 6,5 motors, thanks brothers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.