Community
Wiki Posts
Search

computer power supply

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Default computer power supply

can some one plz give me a link or some instructions with some good directions and pics on how to convert a computer power supply so i can use it to power my stuff, i bought one a long time ago and i take it out of the box and first thing that comes to my mind is holy crap wtf are all these wires for so can some one plz tell me how
Old 08-31-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Initiate

You have to short connectors 13 and 14 together on the big connector so that the power supply powers up (numbers are at the back of the connector). Looking from the front of the connector it's the 3rd and 4th hole from the upper left.
Then you can use any of the Yellow and black wires as 12V source (use the black next to the yellow). The rest is like 5 V and stuff that you only need for computer use.

Computer power supplies are super cheap and offer crazy amps on 12V, the one I have in my comp is like 35amps on 12V rail.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:23 PM
Tech Addict

Interesting. The same question was asked 9 hours before you did. See: http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82671 Here are 3 links for you to look at.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Interesting. The same question was asked 9 hours before you did.
I just am utterly dumbfounded. I am wouldn't be surprised if the some of the people here on, didn't complete the paperwork after their daily toilet!

I use it quite frequently, the Search Engine for this Forum. Search for "power supplies", you got 20 different threads addressing power supplies. Search for "gearing", "Batteries", "chargers", there is wealth of information here.

Are people really being helped, or are some of the people actually doing the work and thinking for them.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hick
I just am utterly dumbfounded. I am wouldn't be surprised if the some of the people here on, didn't complete the paperwork after their daily toilet!

I use it quite frequently, the Search Engine for this Forum. Search for "power supplies", you got 20 different threads addressing power supplies. Search for "gearing", "Batteries", "chargers", there is wealth of information here.

Are people really being helped, or are some of the people actually doing the work and thinking for them.
Well spoken. I'll bet their moms even chew their food for them