Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho inferno GT2 or HPI RS4 evo+

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 07:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Kyosho inferno GT2 or HPI RS4 evo+

Hello all, I'm debating on getting the kyosho inferno gt2 or the hpi rs4 evo+. I can't decide, I know the obvious is the price and the scale, but what performs better and which has a less temperamental motor. I know all nitros are finicky, I would like to know which one is less finicky. I'm looking for pros, cons, and all around fun. Thanks
Old 07-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

My feeling is the 1/8th GT would be the much better option for just driving on roads and or parking lots for fun.

IMHO it will be easier to work on, be a little tougher/durable coming thru crashes and will be able to run on a larger variety of surfaces. The Inferno will have a lot more clearance and be able to run on rougher surfaces that would make the 1/10 a handful to control.

I would also throw the new Serpent Cobra GT RTR out as a great option for a RTR 1/8th GT....its in the same price range and is a great handling car.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by utah300rum
My feeling is the 1/8th GT would be the much better option for just driving on roads and or parking lots for fun.

IMHO it will be easier to work on, be a little tougher/durable coming thru crashes and will be able to run on a larger variety of surfaces. The Inferno will have a lot more clearance and be able to run on rougher surfaces that would make the 1/10 a handful to control.

I would also throw the new Serpent Cobra GT RTR out as a great option for a RTR 1/8th GT....its in the same price range and is a great handling car.
Thanks Utah300rum, I was thinking the same thing as I've seen the RS4s get tossed around with the slightest bump, I didn't know if the 1/8 inferno GT2 would react similar to that, and if it didnt do it was much would it signifigant enough for the extra $200. Thanks again, do you have any prior experience with either car?
Old 07-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RodimusPrime
Hello all, I'm debating on getting the kyosho inferno gt2 or the hpi rs4 evo+. I can't decide, I know the obvious is the price and the scale, but what performs better and which has a less temperamental motor. I know all nitros are finicky, I would like to know which one is less finicky. I'm looking for pros, cons, and all around fun. Thanks
My first car was a hpi rs4 evo+—hence the screen name. I learned about 75% of everything I know about nitro RC's from that car. Its a good car and if your not use to nitro speed, it will very rewarding. But like you eluded to, it is prone to flipping over. That said, If I had to do it all again, I would go with the Serpent Cobra GT RTR. I have the kit version, but I would imagine the rtr is just as planted and durable as the kit version.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by utah300rum

Originally Posted by Evo 13
My first car was a hpi rs4 evo+—hence the screen name. I learned about 75% of everything I know about nitro RC's from that car. Its a good car and if your not use to nitro speed, it will very rewarding. But like you eluded to, it is prone to flipping over. That said, If I had to do it all again, I would go with the Serpent Cobra GT RTR. I have the kit version, but I would imagine the rtr is just as planted and durable as the kit version.
Thanks ill look into that. I've never heard of the serpent cobra gt RTR
Old 07-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

This was my Cobra GT during the break in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqlec1wUvB4
Old 07-14-2014, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I recently got the gt2. love it. the engine is very easy to tune and it runs very strong. also handles incredibly
Old 07-18-2014, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RodimusPrime
Thanks Utah300rum, I was thinking the same thing as I've seen the RS4s get tossed around with the slightest bump, I didn't know if the 1/8 inferno GT2 would react similar to that, and if it didnt do it was much would it significant enough for the extra $200. Thanks again, do you have any prior experience with either car?
Yes I have experience with both the Kyo & Serpent....we have a pretty good GT racing scene here and the Kyo was the bread and butter car till the Serpent came out.....most racers have switched to the Cobra which is a more updated race inspired design.

I still have 3 Kyo's but am planning on picking up a Serpent for next race season

I would say the Serpent would be my 1st choice if I was buying right now.....especially for racing......at my LHS they are about the same price and they stock parts for both cars.....so IMHO the Serpent would be a better value since it's a more refined, updated car with a little better RTR electronics and engine over the RTR Kyo

I would say for parking lot or street driving you can't go wrong with either car, but Serpent has the edge on performance and value
Old 07-19-2014, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thats a nice parking lot!!!
I know someone with a crap load of firehose. if our tracks ever shut down that lot and the hose would definitely come in handy
Old 07-19-2014, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It says your from ny, I'm in staten island, unless you're in Albany or upstate you cant be that far from me.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JOE SI
It says your from ny, I'm in staten island, unless you're in Albany or upstate you cant be that far from me.
Queens NY