Wiki Posts
Search

Truck Tire Glueing Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 11:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Truck Tire Glueing Questions

Hey, Im bought some new rear lugnuts and rear white rims for my FT T4, and is there any good way to glue up rims, does anyone belt their tires? Explain how you guys glue tires, i need to get these glued up by tomorrow
Old 08-27-2005, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

When I glue my tires, I put the rubber on the rim, making sure it sits in the rim properly, then run tire glue (Losi gule works best IMO) all along the tire where the rubber meets the rim, on bith sides of the tire.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Pull back the bead to make sure the tire seats properly, then run CA glue around the bead. Use rubber bands around the outside of the tire to make sure hte tires dry evenly and completely. This is an extra step that is well worth the time. Do this, and your tires will roll true on the rim.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

well actually the best way is to sand the edges where you are going to glue , (tire and rim)which takes off little film and what ever is on the tires so the glue sticks properly then wash them both and take your time gluieng let the glue settle for atleast a couple hrs ,most make mistake of glueing and going which usaually results in tire coming of the rim ,if you use this procedure it will work for you with awosome results.ps ad the rubber band as stated above and you are set
Old 08-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I have been using the panther glueing bands for a while now and would not blue tires without them. Really large rubber bands work well too but the pathner band have tabs which make ajusting the band much easier. I put the band around the tire after the bead has been set into the rim and pry the tire away from the rim and put a bead of glue in that section and continue around the tire. The glue bands keep the tire snug to the rim ensuring the tire stays put while the glue dries.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

I use the method Platinum used and im sure most others do to but to give you ore of an idea go here: http://www.rccaraction.com/rc/articles/ht_gluetire.asp

Sean