RDLogics Championship 2005 @ Revelation Raceway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RDLogics Championship 2005 @ Revelation Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Hey Rick give me a call or PM me we really need to talk.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:14 AM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Suggestion #1: nothing wrong with Alan, he is a nice person but he has no idea on how to spray the track (I don't have it either), Dana should take care of spraying the track or let Ken to do that, everytime Dana or Ken spray the track, it gets good to run. And evrytime Alan sprays, it is not too good. He put tooooooo muuuuuuch liquid on the ground.
Either way, the track condition is ok for me, but it will be better if we spray lightly.
Anyways, I will keep supporting DANA like he supported me when I start racing RC's 3 years ago
Old 09-27-2005, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by C Verano
I don't think I'll be there. Are you going?
For now, yes. Yasu and i are going.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

For the past few months racing at Revelation, my experiances there have been 100% positive. Dana, the owner, has been extremely supportive and treats everyone that I see with respect and fairness. The parts he carries for Mugen, Kyosho, Delta, Serpent and some others are very complete. Even if he doesn't have it in stock, he orders for me and is usually there within the next day or two.

As for the track conditions, he paints the wooden rails before every big race and now has provided overhead covers at the stands. Outlets are available at the track plus the bathrooms are decently cleaned with soap and paper towels provided.

Most importantly is the enviroment Dana has created, where everyone (racers) is friendly and respectful to one another. I am sure there are improvements to be made like anything else. Mugen makes quality products, but they are by far from ideal. Should we start bashing Mugen and their employees online so we can force them to make their products better? I don't think so.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

You all know what Dana is the fastes guy on the track,TQed 1/8. and had the fastest lap times.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jake alton
You all know what Dana is the fastes guy on the track,TQed 1/8. and had the fastest lap times.
Why?
Old 09-28-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by superserpent
Why?

I guess because Dana was fast.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.

Oh, I thought he was asking "you all know why Dana is the fastest guy on hte track". My bad
Old 09-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Francis M.
The reason why he was fast, the track had good traction,and about the traction it was a little loose on thursday until Allan sprayed more VHT at about 5p.m. and the track was good and some what consistant from there on through the weekend.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

just wanted to thank dana and everybody for providing us an execellent track, great atmosphere, facility. thanks a lot.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Default DRAMA

I will address this statement along with others and be done with it.
I have been racing at Revelation raceway since it originally opened 1995 I do not live close to this track but I do race there often, my intent was never to hurt someone feelings but it seems that I have, I am not taking back what I've said but I do want people to know what my attention were. I felt through talking and giving my opinion on what I see and think about the track this would open the door for improvement conversation, I guess I was wrong typing and talking are two different things I'm not a basher I'm just a concern racer who wants to see improvements of what I thought was a great place to race.
Another point; look at my screen name it says Robbie Collins that's my real name I do not hide behind some code name, and I do not post with sponsor links attached to my name, I post as a racer not a company rep or a sponsor driver from X company what I've said about who ever and what ever is from me and my personal experience and feelings. I've noticed if you work or race for a company people tend to think your motives are suspect and they use your affiliation with said company against you.
I've expressed my feelings to Dana more than once he has ignored them, I also called Dana Tuesday of this week to discuss what I've written on this thread, he talked I listen I tried to talk he hung up in my face. My job is to promote cars my passion is to race.
Never again will I post anything about anyone or any track I will keep my opinions to myself obviously opinions cause to much drama..................

Thanks
Robbie Collins
Old 09-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I guess Im a little late on this, but I feel I have to say something.

I hate it when people complain about tracks , any track, but specially about a track as good as Revelation. If you want chages made to a track, talk to the owner, and keep suporting that track. If we complain and stop going, the changes will never be made because we are one less racer, so theres less money to make the changes. Also dont do it publicacly, this hurts turn outs even more, and the owner will not want to spend amore money for less racers.

We gas racers should support tracks like Rev and CP, and even KZ. If these tracsk are gone because we complain, where are we going to race? I wish I had track as good as Rev nearby, as is it is, I have to drive 2 hours to get there.

I rather there be a track with bad traction than no track at all.

Like Wad said earlier, we dont know what we have until its gone.

Besides driving with low traction makes you a better driver.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

could somebody build a track here, in Arizona. We'll love to have same size as revelation track, or CP, even KZ.

You guys are lucky to have multiple tracks...
Old 09-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Would you rather have stinky outhouses?

1. Allan does a good job with the spraying I have watched him spray before. He does his best to put down an even layer of VHT. I would think that sponsered expert drivers would not have a problem with VHT as they are the ones who have “expert” setup no-how.
2. The racing cost $65.00 to help keep the place open, if you noticed Dana doesn’t drive the fancy car or live in the big luxurious home. Would you rather have no track or nice facilities at all? Besides aren’t sponsored drivers the last ones that should complain?
3. While there are some tables that are in disrepair there are many tables that you could move to of witch most have shade covers. I’m sure that in time Dana will make enough profit (off of his supposed race over pricing) to over haul such minor problems.
4. The chairs are an amenity that you don’t even get at other tracks, for one. Also if some people would stop using the chairs as rocking chairs they would last longer. I have watched 2 or 3 chairs get destroyed by retards liening back in them and cracking or weakening them.
5. Boards and barriers have been repainted from what I saw. In fact the track was really nice for the RD race. Good job Dana and staff!
6. Parking will always be an issue and there is nothing the owner can do about that or I’m sure he would. He doesn’t want anyone being in unsafe conditions. Try getting to the track earlier to get a better parking spot.
7. Things have changed since I’ve been around such as drainage near the off-road track better over all cleanliness. On the other hand, why change a good thing?
8. Why not race off road and on road in the same weekend, they have the staff and facility to do so. Just because you only race one or the other doesn’t mean your favorite racing is special and should take away from someone else’s fun.
9. If you no the industry at all, you no that suppliers are the number one problem when it comes to broken promises on delivery dates. While Dana may try to keep parts stocked if his suppliers screw him, well we are all screwed. It takes years and years to weed out the unreliable suppliers. Also sh*t just happens.
10. Day and night practices are two different things. I believe that it is split up this way to help make more money for the track. Also breaking up the day into sessions is helping the people that work all day and don’t get to the track until after 6:00 or 7:00pm save a few bucks by not charging a flat all day rate.
11. Should we lump true beginners with the next class up and so on. Don’t you think its better to have more separated classes while people are learning? We all can’t be as good as you are. It is less intimidating for new drivers to have less traffic and more people in there skill level. Also better drivers may get T-boned less if they are driving with others at matched skill levels.

If we write and spread positive feedback for this track we can improve overall turnout and improve the budget that supports the facilities. People that have negative or even constructive comments or suggestion should talk with the owner “Dana” to inform him of areas that need improvement. It’s not good for the track/hobby to open a rip-fest on-line and will only result in hurt feelings and broken friendships. So sorry for the spelling and grammar mistakes but not my newbie opinion. And if you don’t like it you can kiss my a$$. Thanks

One more thing about the VHT/track conditions, I did not have any issues with traction roll during the RD race with 16.8 sec lap as my fastest lap. If my newbie a$$ can adjust then expert drivers should have no problem and actualy an advantage with more no-how. Also thats why setup sheets have "high" "medium" and "low" traction check boxes at the top of the sheet as well as time of day and TRACK TEMP. I'll give you my setup sheet if you cant figure it out.

James

Originally Posted by ROBBIE C
DOE'S ANYONE HAVE SOLUTIONS OR ANSWERS TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS.

Who in the hell left Allan alone with a VHT sprayer?
Why is the racing so expensive, $65.00 for a glorify club race.
Why are there holes in the tables week after week when there are so many races there?
Why are there only 10 chairs available for seating when we race week after week paying for practice and racing?
Why are the boards and barriers on the track the same color as the track (Black)?
Why do I have to park illegally or un safe most of the time.
Why is there no fire lane for safety?
Why has nothing other than the track layout been changed since this place opened?
Why do they race off road the same weekend of on road even if he's hosting one of those glorified club races?
Why is the hobby store under stocked at large races and sometimes club races?
Why are we charged twice in a day for practice?
These are just a few areas I think should be address and handled, I race at this track just as much as others I pay my race entry just like others. I'm not trying to put this track down but I will say this "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!"
Why are there so many separate classes diluting the race heats, Novice 1/8TH sportsman 1/8 amateur 1/8 expert 1/8TH novice 1/10 sportsman 1/10 armature 1/10 expert 1/10 I noticed there are max 5 people in each heat because of this.
There was a time long ago when this track was good but now I have issues with it's decline.

What I do like about the track is the race announcing and the race program along with the hot dogs..........lol
Old 09-30-2005, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Newbie A$$

So how long have you been racing!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.