Wiki Posts
Search

US Vintage Trans AM and USGT National Points Championship

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com
The NMPRA pylon racers get to do cool starts and wear helmets when they race.

Can we do cool starts and wear helmets too?

When these cars are moving at close to 200mph 10ft off the ground then yeah we can all wear helmets....
Old 06-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kevin K
When these cars are moving at close to 200mph 10ft off the ground then yeah we can all wear helmets....
If interested, the AMA headquarters is located in Muncie, In (looks like the photos were from the central run-way) and you can see them race THIER NATS July 13-19.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

very cool idea. i like it but, i doubt our local club would participate as they combine vta and gt into one class using d compound tires and call it scale spec and follow roar weight rules for the class.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by regets ama
If interested, the AMA headquarters is located in Muncie, In (looks like the photos were from the central run-way) and you can see them race THIER NATS July 13-19.
I have spent way to much of my youth going to AMA Nationals when they moved around the country its good that they are in 1 place all the time now. The grounds at Muncie are great for all things RC they even had an offroad track at one time too...not sure if its still there. Anyone who is able to should make 1 trip to the AMA nationals just to see how the Airplane guys get it done.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

when is this going to 'start'? with jan 2014? or as of july?
Old 06-24-2014, 11:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hanulec
when is this going to 'start'? with jan 2014? or as of july?
Membership will open on July 1st the calculation of points will start August 1st and will run for 1 year to July 31st the following year. This gives us a 1 month window to get the ball rolling and allow racers time to sign up before any racing would count. You will be able to sign up after August 1st but any races you were in before your membership is active will not count.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

I have spent way to much of my youth going to AMA Nationals when they moved around the country its good that they are in 1 place all the time now. The grounds at Muncie are great for all things RC they even had an offroad track at one time too...not sure if its still there. Anyone who is able to should make 1 trip to the AMA nationals just to see how the Airplane guys get it done.
Yep, the track is still there. I'm an AMA member and volunteered at their recent events. Because I also do cars, they asked me to help with the track that day. It was fun, but its a boring track currently. About what you'd expect at a mostly-aviation place. They call it the "Bob Vojslavek RC Raceway" but I'm not sure who that is/was.
Attached Thumbnails US Vintage Trans AM and USGT National Points Championship-track.jpg  
Old 06-26-2014, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Seems like an interesting idea. I would assume that a local race each driver must be registered into the new system to be scored. Also how hard will it be to get a specific number, I have only been racing the #24 for 20 years. . .
Old 06-26-2014, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Seems like an interesting idea. I would assume that a local race each driver must be registered into the new system to be scored. Also how hard will it be to get a specific number, I have only been racing the #24 for 20 years. . .
At any event only the drivers that are members and have a number next to their name will be awarded points. All other drivers will factor into how many points are up for grabs at the event but only members will be awarded points. So there is no need to have a seperate class or anything like that if thats what you were asking. Everyone still races the same class just who ever wants to be a part of this will earn points.

The numbers will start at 100 and count up they are first come first serve so the best you can hope for is maybe being the 24th person to enter and end up with 124.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

At any event only the drivers that are members and have a number next to their name will be awarded points. All other drivers will factor into how many points are up for grabs at the event but only members will be awarded points. So there is no need to have a seperate class or anything like that if thats what you were asking. Everyone still races the same class just who ever wants to be a part of this will earn points.

The numbers will start at 100 and count up they are first come first serve so the best you can hope for is maybe being the 24th person to enter and end up with 124.
So how would I be the 24th person? I would even pay some $$ to be 24th. If not then I would bail. The 3 digit number does not bother me as much as not having a number that I have been racing.

Since the double numbers are open have you given some thought of what to do with those numbers like honor the guys racing for certain amount of years or make it a level of sponsorship to aid in printing decals or webspace?
Old 06-26-2014, 10:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by A-Ko
So how would I be the 24th person? I would even pay some $$ to be 24th. If not then I would bail. The 3 digit number does not bother me as much as not having a number that I have been racing.

Since the double numbers are open have you given some thought of what to do with those numbers like honor the guys racing for certain amount of years or make it a level of sponsorship to aid in printing decals or webspace?
Registration will open July 1st at 12:00am numbers will be handed out in the order that people register. To get 124 you would need to be the 24th person to register. Maybe you will be lucky and end up being the 24th person.

Sorry we are not selling registration numbers.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't think I already saw this being asked, but if we wanted to run VTA and GT, would we need to register separately?
Old 06-27-2014, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by angrymelon
I don't think I already saw this being asked, but if we wanted to run VTA and GT, would we need to register separately?
Nope only need to register 1 time you will get added into both classes and your number is the same for both.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Registration will open July 1st at 12:00am numbers will be handed out in the order that people register. To get 124 you would need to be the 24th person to register. Maybe you will be lucky and end up being the 24th person.

Sorry we are not selling registration numbers.
What if I registered and was #108. Would I be able to contact #124 and ask if he would want to trade numbers? Would you allow that?

I probably race 15-20 VTA races a year. Most probably don't care about their numbers, some do. Being unflexable on something as simple as numbers is pretty dumbfounding to me. The rest of the rules are set in stone, which is where they need to be.

Is there going to be 2 point systems? (annual and perpetual)
Old 06-27-2014, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure you don't have to put your member number on your car. I never saw that in the rules. You'll get a cool decal sheet with it if you want to use it, but there's nothing mandating it.
You don't put your ROAR membership number on your car. Why would you have to here? The number is solely for tracking points purposes, and only shows up in the results.

So feel free to paint your car with a #24 on it. No problem, and you won't run into any "official" USVTA/USGT stickered cars with the number 24 either, because all numbers start at 100.

It doesn't seem like an issue that should cause any heartache.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.