Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Project RC BMW ///M3 >

Project RC BMW ///M3

Project RC BMW ///M3

Old 12-21-2014, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just got back from a good afternoon of club racing! My total lap count was down a lap or two, but my average lap times has been getting lower, so it maybe the old, two steps back, one step forward...

The VTA car was fun to run, especially when I handed it over to Gary, and Jesse handed his F1 over to Danny. A great bumper to bumper race en shewed, the best entrainment of the day!

Then I cam home just in time. Canada Post is delivering on Sundays, and this arrived sooner than I thought....

Old 12-22-2014, 05:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Viper, you are going to love that radio!

Here's some more pics of my latest creation. As noted before, waiting on the mesh to complete the vents:

Old 12-22-2014, 06:12 AM
Tech Adept

A very nice thread of some very pretty cars.

A couple of shots of my two touring cars. One is a 13.5 boosted (the boring touring car) and the other a 13.5 blinky Gt (the bmw).

Old 12-22-2014, 06:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Harold,

While I'll admit, I'm more of a solid color kind of guy, I take rare exception with your cars. They look really really good and clean. Love the transparent wing with the decals. And the color combo of both cars is spot on! Your work is good. Post more pics.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:36 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I love the hpi 68 canaro body! I regret letting mine get all smashed up. Will have to buy another some day. Yours looks great with the bright metallic silver! Really brings out the awesome lines of that body.

Toro speed controllers look fantastic. If only they were roar approved for 17.5 blinky use so that I could use their new 120a unit in my touring car.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Evo 13
Harold,

While I'll admit, I'm more of a solid color kind of guy, I take rare exception with your cars. They look really really good and clean. Love the transparent wing with the decals. And the color combo of both cars is spot on! Your work is good. Post more pics.
Thanks very much Evo 13 but sadly I can't take credit for the paint jobs as I got them done for me... If I do a paint job they are usually a lot simpler
Old 12-22-2014, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Evo 13
Viper, you are going to love that radio!

Here's some more pics of my latest creation. As noted before, waiting on the mesh to complete the vents:
Looks real sweet Evo! I 'm digging the look of of the deep dish foamies on that body! The body looks so compact and road hugging, it inspires me to want to be in it, driving it.. which is what the main driver for RC is about I love the deep dish foamies on my 1/10 WGT Pan chassis!

I'm digging the Tx already. I added the drop wheel adapter to see how I may like it. I only wished the transport case was available for it now...

Originally Posted by Harold996tt
A very nice thread of some very pretty cars.

A couple of shots of my two touring cars. One is a 13.5 boosted (the boring touring car) and the other a 13.5 blinky Gt (the bmw).
Thanks Harold, and thanks for posting up photos! Those are amazing looking cars and bodies! That M3 is awesome! I love the color and realistic look of it. Nice photos as well!

Originally Posted by DBM
I love the hpi 68 canaro body! I regret letting mine get all smashed up. Will have to buy another some day. Yours looks great with the bright metallic silver! Really brings out the awesome lines of that body.

Toro speed controllers look fantastic. If only they were roar approved for 17.5 blinky use so that I could use their new 120a unit in my touring car.
Hey Dennis, Thanks! I agree, the 68 Camaro is my favorite. I picked up the 69 Camaro too, but I like the lines of the 68 more. Which is strange, as a young teen growing up, I preferred the 69 over the 68 in real life, however over the decades I have changed my mind and like the 68 more. We should stock up on these. Let me know if if you are planning an order, Or I will just order you one or two, when I order more of these (this is inevitable)

That is too bad they are not approved for Blinky. I never thought of the approvals when I bought it for the WGT car. Hopefully I can just use it like this for the WCICS, should I decide to enter it...?
Old 12-22-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DBM
They are in the process of being approved, we just have to wait for ROAR to do it's thing.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:29 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by patorz31
They are in the process of being approved, we just have to wait for ROAR to do it's thing.
Nice! Thanks for the info. I was hoping that Skyrc would get one or more of their esc's approved since they had gotten their Ares Pro motors approved. Looks like nice stuff for the price.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by DBM
Nice! Thanks for the info. I was hoping that Skyrc would get one or more of their esc's approved since they had gotten their Ares Pro motors approved. Looks like nice stuff for the price.
I know hey? I love the integrated power switch!

After yesterdays round of racing, the LTC-R body is looking rougher than my GX6... It's still good for a few more rounds, but it was a pretty thin body to begin with. I have another clear LTC-R, and it feels just as thin too. They are regular weight. Even the wing feels flimsy...

So I decided to try one of the Sweep ST-6 I have on hand after seeing you, Dennis, run yours. Its a nice, sturdy body with clean mold lines and nice consistent pull of material across the entire form. I'm looking forward to this one!

Old 12-22-2014, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Where are you guys getting the Sweep bodies?
Old 12-22-2014, 09:30 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I bought mine from TQRC. I think Bing got his from Sweep USA?
I've run mine for a few practice days, two or three club events, and the Airdrie WCICS event. Not a single crack yet.

Bing, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your sweep body! If you find the stc6 to not be aggressive enough, the sweep stc4 body is much like an ltcr, but with even more steering. It has a huge splitter!
Old 12-22-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

As Dennis said, I got mine right from Sweepracing.com

Originally Posted by DBM
I bought mine from TQRC. I think Bing got his from Sweep USA?
I've run mine for a few practice days, two or three club events, and the Airdrie WCICS event. Not a single crack yet.

Bing, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your sweep body! If you find the stc6 to not be aggressive enough, the sweep stc4 body is much like an ltcr, but with even more steering. It has a huge splitter!
Dennis, body is amazingly low I normally cut my body posts to fit with no extra material. The Sweep is 2 whole holes lower than the GX6, 1 hole lower than the LTC-R. Looks like I may have longer posts than normal for the short term

Not sure what I'm going to do for paint. I don't want to get too fancy, as it is just a club racing basher I do like how compact it feels and looks!

Even my shortest post will require cutting...
Old 12-22-2014, 10:29 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I found it to be low as well. If definitely helps on the track! At our previoys local event on Dec 14th, I ran the stc6 for the first two rounds and experienced no traction rolling, but had a few close calls. I switched to the GX for the 3rd round and traction rolled a few times, and also crashed a couple of times due to the GX turning in so abrubtly. I switched back to the stc6 for round 4 and the traction rolling and crashing went away. Amazing how much of a difference bodies make!
Old 12-22-2014, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ViperZ
Just got back from a good afternoon of club racing! My total lap count was down a lap or two, but my average lap times has been getting lower, so it maybe the old, two steps back, one step forward...

The VTA car was fun to run, especially when I handed it over to Gary, and Jesse handed his F1 over to Danny. A great bumper to bumper race en shewed, the best entrainment of the day!

Then I cam home just in time. Canada Post is delivering on Sundays, and this arrived sooner than I thought....

Thanks very much for the kind comments viperz. I love your thread and the photography. Really fun read. As for the transmitter... Definitely the weapon of choice. The absolute best balanced radio transmitter and amazing menu system. I can never own anything else again. Look forward to following this ever evolving thread!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.