Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How old are you guys ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 03:16 PM
Suspended

id definatly agree with your wife it is a good way to relax and have fun

my wife supports me 'cause she say that RC for me its THE way i get my brain all relaxed up after a week working
Old 08-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

23, and came to RC after racing sprint karts for too many years

Got into RC after wanting to get back into racing after buying my first house, and realising racing a real sedan was going to cost as much as half the house

Excluding when I was a kid and my jet hopper was all i had, I've been racing for about 16 months.

My first real RC car was a Kyosho RTR Nitro (if you could call it an rc car, it was junk!), followed by Schumacher Mission S1, Losi XXX-S G+, Losi XXX-S BK2, Xray T1 FK, Associated RC12L4 FT, Associated RC10B4 FT, Yokomo CGM, Yokomo BD and my latest car a Hobao Hyper 7 Pure Competition 1/8th buggy I still only have the Yokomo's, Hyper 7 and the B4

Me and my other half have an agreement over what I spend on RC, so long as the mortgage and bills are paid every week I can spend whatever I want on RC

Last edited by v0rtex; 08-20-2005 at 03:53 PM. Reason: forgot a couple of cars
Old 08-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

30 here. Been playing with em since I was about 14. Quit for a long time. Then decided to get my GT off the shelf (was shelved about 95 till 01) and have some fun. Started racing couple years ago. Love the nitro, slowly getting into some electric, and found I really like 1/12 scale.

Wife gets sick of hearing about rc. But I've done it since we met pretty much just got more into it a year or so before we got married. She pitted for me also a couple times last year. Drove me to the tracks every week almost for a whole season when I lost my license. My key now is to have enough cars I can sell one when I want to get something else. That way I tell her I'm not addind to my collection. She thinks I'm weird though.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jbrow1

Wife gets sick of hearing about rc. But I've done it since we met pretty much just got more into it a year or so before we got married. She pitted for me also a couple times last year. Drove me to the tracks every week almost for a whole season when I lost my license. My key now is to have enough cars I can sell one when I want to get something else. That way I tell her I'm not addind to my collection. She thinks I'm weird though.
This is lovely story jbrow "Drove me to the tracks every week almost for a whole season when I lost my license."

I play RC because I need my own space reasons to get fun and relaxation just like Tabushi and AFM. Have some talks & laughs with RC friends are good way to keep us look younger
Old 08-21-2005, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

31 now playing RC since i was around 7-8 yrs, all the cars in those days were RTR's kid stuffs but hey i was a kid back then !!! i did have a huge collection at that time....dont know where its all gone now ... lol. probably my mom kept giving them off to my cozins as i lost interest or they got old. As i used to buy a car almost every week, where are those days ?? wish I could do the same now !! .

We used to carry my fav.. car's abroad when we used to go on long vacations. Remember one LANCIA rally car which was my fav. back in 1982, carried it along and played with it in the Rain.....splish splash all over -- that was the last of that new car !! In the later years - remember buying two fast cars LAND DASHES & Misselers ? Have anyone had these ? Very famous in this part of the world they were.... had a 4 wheel Land Rover - a BMW a porsche... which I still have i think!?

Well, stopped RC when i got to high school - for a long time. Got the bug of RC flying in 2001 when one of my clients happened to be a RC shop owner.
Got into flying and quit after a couple of years and got into Racing Thats when i got my self a VoneRR my first gas car, but when i Saw the Kyosho World Cup 2004 here in Dubai thats when i thought of seriously competing in racing here...later Sold the RR and went for a FWO5 -

Now, I own 3 competition cars. which includes V one RRR - Fwo5RR - Kanai 3 - A couple of Mini Z's and a full optioned Mini - T

Love this hobby.......

ZiiZO
Old 08-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

42 now and started 19 years ago. I started with the rc10 with bearings. They where only using resistor speed controls at my track in MD at that time. A year later one guy from our area went to a race in Cali. and brought back the first electric speed control that we had ever seen, A Novak 4 that you had to solder a fuse in-line on the positive side of the battery. Wow how times have changed.

Second car A FWD Kyosho Optima Pro
Third car The first of the Losi Buggies with the 5 link rear end
Forth car a I think it was the LosiXX
Fifth car RC 10 Team car
sixth car Delta Spyder
Seventh car RC 12L
Eight car12L worlds
Ninth car Losi XXX
Tenth car RC 10L
Eleventh car RC 12LW
Twelveth car TC3 Team car
Thirteeth car RC 12 L3 then converted to a CRC Switch blade
And now my presant car a MTX-3 with a X12 engine

I am sure that I missed one or two and also mixed up the order of a couple.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Tech Initiate

48 years old, 11 years racin (combined), started with a Tamiya Fox, racin a Custom Works GSX right now.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Im 15, ive owned RC cars for erm......since i was about 9. I have a T-Maxx now, needs a new clutch though . Also i need new.........no.....thats going off topic.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

56 started racing at 40. Can't remember enough of the cars to bother listing them . Reflexes still hanging in there, but now I need glasses to work on my cars.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

i'm 38 now and 12 years in R/C, started with a Kyosho Optima and now a MTX-3/MRX-3/PRO 4/RC12L3 owner. So much in love with R/C cars....
Old 08-23-2005, 07:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

i'm 24 and have been in nitro R/C for almost a year (yea i'm a noob! :P) my first car was an HPI proceed but I now have an NTC3.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

37 years old now. I bought my first RC when I was 18.. and AE RC12e team nats car. Never raced it. When to college for 1 year at ASU and used the car to chase bicycles. Came back to vegas "UNLV" and traded the 12e for a car stereo. Really got into RC about 5 1/2 years ago with a T3. Got a B3 not long after that. Then a GT. Then an MP6 (used). Then sold the T3 for a XXXT. Got rid of the MP6 and got a Mugen MBX4RR. Then an XR. Got a TC3.

Currently have a T4, TC3 (should sell it) a JRXS, Speedmerchant Rev3, AE 12L4, and an MTX3.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

39 years old. my first RC car was a grasshopper. This was in high school. Got out of it during college and the 'fun' years. Have been back into onroad racing for the last 6 years and love it. Race mostly nitro. My kids (2) also have a fun time with it.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:24 AM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm 24 now, playing RC for 3 years. Nitro Sedan Only No money to mess around with any other car
Old 08-23-2005, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

i am 31,i started with a t-maxx in april of 04 and started racing in may of the same year,luckily for me my wife likes racing also so that makes it easier.
steven

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.