Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree108Likes

Team Associated T5M Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 11:15 PM
Tech Initiate

What ball cup ends is everyone using? My stock one SUCK!! No matter what I do they are too tight. So I bought replacement AE ones and same thing. It's not my balls either cause I took a link off a buddies t5m and it was smooth. Unfortunately I never asked the brand and he hasn't been back to the track. Mine are so bad I can push front down and it stays. Lol. Won't rebound.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Polock
What ball cup ends is everyone using? My stock one SUCK!! No matter what I do they are too tight. So I bought replacement AE ones and same thing. It's not my balls either cause I took a link off a buddies t5m and it was smooth. Unfortunately I never asked the brand and he hasn't been back to the track. Mine are so bad I can push front down and it stays. Lol. Won't rebound.
I think Associated made a running change because I have had the exact same issue and my replacements were also super tight, but my SC5m is perfect.
A trick I learned on here was to pop the ball cups on upside down a few times. It works way better than pinching.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

unfortunately, it's the old "running change". so there is no way of knowing if you purchase new ball cups that you're getting the updated ones. i can say that i ordered a set of ball cups from amain about a month ago and they were the new ones as they were totally bind free (and still do not pop off). at this point, i'd roll the dice with amain.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:40 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Try pushing them on upside down, then flipping them back the right way. Let me know how that does.
They are a running change, I thought they(the tight ones) would be out of the system by now but apparently not. One way or another we will get you taken care of.

Jon
Old 10-09-2015, 04:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The old ones in the kits all depends on how old the kits are, I have had mine now for several weeks and mine was tight as well. Just because its a new unopened kit does not mean it hasn't been on the shelf or in some warehouse for some time. I tried squeezing mine, and it helped some of them but after a few hour's and several attempts to fix them this way I had a few that just kept tightening back up. If I was just bashing I would not have worried about it but I race only. I contacted Associated and they sent me a new set no questions ask and they were fast. I changed the tight ones out and they were sweet. So try contacting them I am sure they will take care of you.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Recently built a B5M Lite kit and the ball cups and ball studs were really free, no working them to loosen. I noticed the ball studs were polished out of the bag. Quality and fit/finish is top notch on the latest batches.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I'm sure it's written in here, and if you all prefer not to answer I will dig it up..

I was told you can get a gear diff for the T5M, but the person didn't know if it was the same one as for the T4. I plan on getting a T5M for my son next spring and curious if the spare diffs I have now will work in it. Time to start doing some research on the truck.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbrow1
I'm sure it's written in here, and if you all prefer not to answer I will dig it up..

I was told you can get a gear diff for the T5M, but the person didn't know if it was the same one as for the T4. I plan on getting a T5M for my son next spring and curious if the spare diffs I have now will work in it. Time to start doing some research on the truck.
It's the gear diff for the 5 series of AE vehicles.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...c91461/p275228
Old 10-09-2015, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
It's the gear diff for the 5 series of AE vehicles.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...c91461/p275228
Thanks, I appreciate the link!
Old 10-09-2015, 02:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the help on the ball cups. I didn't know there was a running change. I actually work for HRP and i ended up getting my replacement from a local track when mine broke. I'm sure they have been on the shelf for months already and we're old ones. I got 2 sets of what's hopefully "newer" ones from work today. So that should fix it. Thanks for all the replies
Old 10-10-2015, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

does anyone how which servo spacers to use for a savok servo and which horn to use? thanks soo much
Old 10-10-2015, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

FUTABA HORN NO SPACERS
Old 10-11-2015, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Has anyone tried the 8.5 wheel hexs? im curious how these are? im wondering what useing these will change? thanks
Old 10-11-2015, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER
Has anyone tried the 8.5 wheel hexs? im curious how these are? im wondering what useing these will change? thanks
They don't change anything. 8.5 is the standard hex width for the rear and can be used on the front to maintain stock width.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aeRayls
They don't change anything. 8.5 is the standard hex width for the rear and can be used on the front to maintain stock width.
ok cool thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.