Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Japan Touring Car Nats

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Another one from HPI RS12Gkai

Last edited by TRF414M; 09-27-2002 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-27-2002, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Kawada M300RSW (4 cars were on the A-main in All Japan Championship)

Old 09-27-2002, 09:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by TRF414M
Mainly they ran 4 cells 1/12 scale.

The most popular one is Yokomo SP12, Kawada M300RSW, Corally 4 Cells. Most of the design are based on Associated RC12L3 (I think) with the exception of Corally. They all use a very similar layout.

Yeah I know they ran 4-cell, but I want to see the specific cars, I've seen most of these pics.
I just want to see any new parts, especially the Yokomo 12L3Y, apart from the new carbon pieces, as I am getting one soon to replace my AE version.
Old 09-28-2002, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Sorry I don't have pictures of cars that were actually raced but I found these pictures stuffed away on my pc.

This is the Hyperdrive 1/12th scale car.

I believe this is the Corally SP12M.

Last edited by Kraig; 09-28-2002 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-28-2002, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the pics, haven't seen those before, but i want to see the cars that Hara, Hirosaka and the like raced....anyone know a link?
Old 10-03-2002, 01:04 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Great discussion here.

As to drivers changing teams, I suppose it is to be expected. Sometimes it doesn't work of course. Take Hara who I consider to be the best driver around. He won the Worlds for Yoke, beating even Masami. He left, presumably for the money. And that's all he's won so far, because with the car he is running - I can't honestly call it an HPI because it doesn't look like anything HPI ever produced and sold in Europe or the States, he has just not been able to cope with the likes of Masami. The Jap Nats are proof again if proof were needed.

With a car as good as Masami's he can beat him. Clearly the hybrid he drives at present just isn't up to it. Pity because he certainly has the talent.

As someone said, to make a Pro 3 anything like Hara's requires so much money it's just not practical, when you can buy a Yoke or a TC3 which is a winner just as it comes......for a quarter of the price.

Associated have been doing so much winning with the TC3, and that car is exactly as it started life 4 years ago. You don't need to change absolutely everything and spend a small fortune to start making it competitive.

The Yoke story is even more impressive, for whilst the TC3 was designed and built with racing in mind, the MR4 was originally designed as a cheap toy. Yoke intended running the J type YR4 for racing, and just selling the plastic MR4 as a cheap toy - Tamiya style. But the MR4 was so impressive that they were encouraged to develop it, and it became a World championship winner. I can't wait to see what their new car, which I understand is designed with racing in mind, is going to be like.

One more thing. Have any drivers been as loyal to a single brand as Masami? Perhaps he deserves the success on that alone.

You never know, one day we may see Hara, who to my mind is the fastest driver in the World at present, back driving a Yoke and winning..........after he has made his small fortune with HPI.

But that's after Masami has retired I hope!

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

pics from japan nats

http://homepage.mac.com/syuji_miyauc...toAlbum28.html
Old 10-03-2002, 03:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thank you Kentech for the link,

When looking at Masami's car, it seems that he used a new rear anti-roll bar ?
Old 10-03-2002, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by johnbull
Take Hara who I consider to be the best driver around. He won the Worlds for Yoke, beating even Masami. He left, presumably for the money. And that's all he's won so far, because with the car he is running - I can't honestly call it an HPI because it doesn't look like anything HPI ever produced and sold in Europe or the States, he has just not been able to cope with the likes of Masami. The Jap Nats are proof again if proof were needed.
How on earth can you suggest that setting TQ (and finishing second) is "not coping" with Masami?
Old 10-03-2002, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Hi Sosidge,

It's not quite the same as thrashing and humiliating him the way he did when he drove Yokes, is it?

And there's no doubt about Masami's brilliance, is there!

Sorry, I knew I was going to upset somebody with that, but those are the statistics, as I see them at any rate.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Just had a look at the pictures Kentech posted.

Well done Kenneth and thanks.

Interesting that Masami's MR4 does actually look like an MR4.

Ralf, I noticed the rear roll bar too. It looks like a YR4 item.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Johnbull,

If you talk about statistic. How did Masami and Hara do at IFMAR? Look at Japan National 1/12th scale, Hara beat Masami. 1/12th scale is Masami's bread and butter. On the other hand, Masami beat Hara on 1/10 on road. I don't believe that Hara can't cope with Masami. On the other hand, look at Umino, he did a lot better after he left HPI. He is in the top 10 finish.

On another issue about loyalty, Yokomo basically take care Masami's entire family. Every race, Masami get to choose everything first before other Yokomo's team driver. I believe that if Hara get the same treatment as Masami, maybe he will stay with Yokomo.

As far as Pro 3 concern, Hara Edition is like the Yok's special. On the car level wise is the same, the only real thing is that do you want to pay the price of Hara Edition.

This is more like the thinking of East and West. If you look at the rc cars from Japan, they will come out with many aftermarket option parts. For the cars from the west, they will give you everything upfront.

TC3-FT is one of the best car without needing to buy tons of options. I truly wish that every company adopt this kind of practice.

MR4-TC just the same as Pro 3 in many way. At the beginning, they are really cheap. Then they come out with tons of option parts and diferent versions of the car.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

For the 1/12th option parts from Yokomo, they have the new type of chassis and use of material. The motor mount and the rear axle holder can go lower than previous mount. If you want to know the speciifc, you have to look at YMP website.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

TRF,

You are agreeing with me entirely.

Hara is the quickest driver. In 1/12th which as you say is Masami's baby, Hara beat him. In TC he doesn't, simply because the car lets him down.

On the car front, I suspect there is a big price difference between the Yoke Special, which you can buy in any shop, and the Hara HPI Prototype. That's if you can get the Hara car at all.

Your point about Umino doing so well since he left HPI consolidates my arguement. Thank you.

Wouldn't it be nice to see ara driving a Yoke again. The world championship will be a forgone conclusion.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Those Techracing cars are very interesting.... kinda belt/gear drive....

I wonder is that Evo that was driven by the TRF driver a limited edition? it's BLUE!!!! I doesn't look like the evo3...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.