Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
05 HALLOWEEN CLASSIC at the Gate >

05 HALLOWEEN CLASSIC at the Gate

05 HALLOWEEN CLASSIC at the Gate

Old 10-31-2005, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Better than going straight to work when you get home. Don't ask how I know that. No sleep.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
so what video do I post first????
the stock 12th amain! that was the best race i've seen.

nice work doug. the pics and such look awesome.

- cball -
Old 10-31-2005, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Awesome race, it has been for the past 3 years, but this was the best so far.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Billanti- as an outsider who doesn't know either of you on a personal level, I honestly saw it as both of you came out of the corner, got on the gas, and his car didn't want to go, and yours did. Sucks, but in the heat of a race those things can happen fast without expectation. Besides, it was the last lap, and you would have definatly made a pass on the straightaway even if you camped behind for the whole lap, so I think the end result would have been similar. Like you said, people were coming behind you as well, can't wait forever, great run.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Billanti- as an outsider who doesn't know either of you on a personal level, I honestly saw it as both of you came out of the corner, got on the gas, and his car didn't want to go, and yours did. Sucks, but in the heat of a race those things can happen fast without expectation. Besides, it was the last lap, and you would have definatly made a pass on the straightaway even if you camped behind for the whole lap, so I think the end result would have been similar. Like you said, people were coming behind you as well, can't wait forever, great run.
Im glad a non biased person could confirm that. Obviously my friends see it one way.. and I see it from my perspective. Dayger had no hard feelings that he made apparent.. I just really wish it didnt happen like that. Im sure anyone who knows me, or has raced with me would agree I would never peel someone for position. Payback.. well thats another story I think I owe flack a little paint from the 19T A come to think of it

Im not going to lie, the crap after the race took a lot of the joy out of winning my first BIG U.S. race. Regardless of who told me to ignore it and walk away, it was upsetting and well.. made a great experience a little sour.

//KBpower
Old 10-31-2005, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think there's alot of people who owe someone something from that main. I'm not sure any of us came out without donuts on our fenders from that one. Not Flack in my case, but I think everybody got a piece from somebody.

I told Dunnigan before the race I didn't think I would be a factor, and he said "with 10 cars on this track, anyone becomes a factor", wasn't that the truth. Not too much room for clean passing, some waited on mistakes, some took it, I definatly got "taken" from, LOL!!
Old 10-31-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think there's alot of people who owe someone something from that main. I'm not sure any of us came out without donuts on our fenders from that one. Not Flack in my case, but I think everybody got a piece from somebody.

I told Dunnigan before the race I didn't think I would be a factor, and he said "with 10 cars on this track, anyone becomes a factor", wasn't that the truth. Not too much room for clean passing, some waited on mistakes, some took it, I definatly got "taken" from, LOL!!
thats the truth
Old 10-31-2005, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

LMAO Brandon weren't you the one who said you weren't running stock b/c of the take outs and driving? LOL

Well I guess 19 is that way too so now its just mod for you

Everyone gets greedy in the mains. I was too nice and it cost me in the main. Just remember this is still toy car racing guys...

I want to win as bad as the next guy, but getting a trophy or plaque isn't something to get so upset over. heck stay home and take the money you would've spent on the race and get you a trophy the size of your house LMAO

See everyone in cleveland.

Michael
Old 10-31-2005, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Rice was a Chickified BMI/IRS L4, as was mine in Masters. Wise also rolled a L4 with IRS goodies.
Ok what is a BMI/IRS L4???
Old 10-31-2005, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
An associated car with no kit parts left.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Anthony

FAST!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

I believe I missed the motor setup in both 12th scale and touring car in the mains. Neither one of my cars were steller as they were in the rounds of qualifying. I will have to try and figure it out before cleveland.

As for the touring car main. I was a sitting duck. My car was never fast up front as it was. But by the end my motor had slowed so much there was no way I could of held on to the lead for another lap. It was a tough break, I led every lap in both 12th scale and touring except the last lap.

no hard feelings. it was a good show seeya guys in cleveland.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rayhuang
FAST!!!
You have a new PM.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Andrew Gray
Awesome race, it has been for the past 3 years, but this was the best so far.
Very true - Every Halloween Classic has been well run and somehow they find a way to make it better every year. Thanks again...
Old 10-31-2005, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Jeff D...I had $$ on ya but it was close..Look at it this way I started to bet on my bud Cuffs and ever since he's been winning..well I bet you get that well earned win real soon...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.