how do on-roaders do it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how do on-roaders do it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 02:13 AM
Tech Addict

And I thought this was going to be some interesting thread discussing driving styles or car set-up?
Turns out to be some sort of provocation/flaming thread...
Waste of my time reading it...
Old 08-15-2005, 02:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 08-15-2005, 03:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Darth Vader
And I thought this was going to be some interesting thread discussing driving styles or car set-up?
Turns out to be some sort of provocation/flaming thread...
Waste of my time reading it...
lol ya.. but writing a post like that is also a waste of time
Old 08-15-2005, 07:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dct147
OffRoadUSA, are u looking for directions and opinions?

or is this just a debate?
Questions AND a debate, you gotta love debates And see, if you cant ramp, and you just like to ride in circles, HOW IS THAT FUN?!?! If I were to post this as how do off-roaders do it, I would get a ton of answers better than, uhhhhhhhhh we can drift...
Old 08-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

like i replied in your other thread, an ONROAD ramping to grass??

Going round in circles? yeah , i can`t seem to understand why F1 races are so interesting and popular too. since they`re going round in circles, just like this thread eh!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by OffRoadUSA
Questions AND a debate, you gotta love debates And see, if you cant ramp, and you just like to ride in circles, HOW IS THAT FUN?!?! If I were to post this as how do off-roaders do it, I would get a ton of answers better than, uhhhhhhhhh we can drift...

hmnzzz. its clear you dont know sh*t about onroad racing.
if onroad racing is in circles. isnt offroad racing in circles with little jumps?

the question about ramping the cars only shows how ignorent u are.
go ask that same question at your local track. bet u wil get laughed at lol

*onroad's goes twice as fast as your car. i dont see u getting speeds like we do.
*we got amazing downforce. point and shoot action
*we got way more adjustability on our cars where u can only dream off.
*we have to know the car inside out. know everything about tuning.
(and yes, u can adjust an offroad car. and no, dont even think that is comming close to yours)
*we cant make mistakes. offroad is easier to drive and few mistakes wont take your head off.
*onroad racing come closer to reality then offroad.
bla bla bla can think of many more

why do u think onroad racing has way more interest around the world then offroad. there are more people racing onroad cars then there are racing offroad.

maybe u should have ask'd a different question. not one u expect a 14 year old would ask.

and dont say i dont know sh*t about offroad. i got one but onroad is way more interesting and heart pumping
nuf said
Old 08-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Nicely put Pedal!

On road is about the precision. It's about racing against yourself and your competition. It's about pushing the limits of your knowledge and your nerve. It's about watching your car scream down straightaways at 50, 60, 70+ MPH.

Over-all this strikes me as another "which is better, mayonnaise or mustard?" thread. It's really just a matter of personal preference, man.

If you like racing off road, then that's great! You'll smoke me if I ever race you off road. I prefer on road racing and I promise, if you ever race me on road, you'll get a great look at the back end of my car!

Race what you like, man but don't think that gives you the right to dis other peoples preferences.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pedal2thametal
hmnzzz. its clear you dont know sh*t about onroad racing.
if onroad racing is in circles. isnt offroad racing in circles with little jumps?

the question about ramping the cars only shows how ignorent u are.
go ask that same question at your local track. bet u wil get laughed at lol

*onroad's goes twice as fast as your car. i dont see u getting speeds like we do.
*we got amazing downforce. point and shoot action
*we got way more adjustability on our cars where u can only dream off.
*we have to know the car inside out. know everything about tuning.
(and yes, u can adjust an offroad car. and no, dont even think that is comming close to yours)
*we cant make mistakes. offroad is easier to drive and few mistakes wont take your head off.
*onroad racing come closer to reality then offroad.
bla bla bla can think of many more

why do u think onroad racing has way more interest around the world then offroad. there are more people racing onroad cars then there are racing offroad.

maybe u should have ask'd a different question. not one u expect a 14 year old would ask.

and dont say i dont know sh*t about offroad. i got one but onroad is way more interesting and heart pumping
nuf said
Lol, its much closer to reality, I dont think any toy cars come close to reality buddy, and anyways, I didnt say you dont know shit about off road. Did any of you notice that when I started this, I asked if it got boring and that I think I would get bored, I didnt (never once) say it was boring.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

WORM BURNER. OFF ROAD P**FTER.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Initiate

lol hey kiddy.
maybe u dont know, but on real cars they also deal with camper, toe, caster, ackerman, downforce, wheelbase, spring setup, tires and so on.

and i thought u figured it out by the time u have read these posts you would have noticed we dont find it boring.
in the case u didnt figure it out, "no it doest get boring" this clear enuf for u?

and the fact u cant see the difference from a toy car and a 1:10 pro rc car says a lot.
maybe u should read the cover of a manual. it says "these are not toy cars"
toy cars are the one u buy in a "toy shop" they only go 15 to 20 mph.
our cars go over 60mph.. is this clear to u? does this make any sence?

and no u didnt say i dont know anything about offroad cars, thats why i pointed it out in advanced. so that u didnt come up with it. "duh"

and the fact u wrote in another post, u wrote this post to make fun of 30+ years old people driving rc cars shows how pathetic u really are.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Lets everybody stop replying to his threads. He made his intentions clear in his other threads. Let him get bored and find another forum.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pedal2thametal
toy cars are the one u buy in a "toy shop" they only go 15 to 20 mph.
I think you're giving the toy cars a little too much credit there

I've raced both on and offroad, and the the feeling I get racing offroad is nothing like the rush from racing onroad. It is certainly not "just going in circles". As its been said, the racing is so much tighter and more intense. At my track, running a second down per lap than the leader will put you both on the same lap. In onroad, that'll get you lapped twice. Everything is just so much more precise.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OffRoadUSA
Well, more questions, since I saw a few on roaders today, and those things do fly. Can you ramp the cars? And what abouot ramping at top speeds into grass so you dont wreck it? Also where I live there can be a few rocks, or gravel rocks in the case, how bad can a few rocks or gravel hurt your car?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=3213

thats how bad
Old 08-16-2005, 07:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Default hey

hey umm just wondering if any of you kno of a place to practic and race becouse i just got hear and i have a CT4-S porchs 911 GT3 if you do knop you can reach me at my email address it is [email protected] hope to hear from you and maby we can all race.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im wondering how this kind of thread gets 2 pages of answers !!, come on moderator, close this thing !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.