Search

Hobao GPX4 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default GPX4 PRO

dis my gpx4
Attached Thumbnails Hobao GPX4 Pro-dsc00593.jpg   Hobao GPX4 Pro-dsc00591.jpg   Hobao GPX4 Pro-dsc00595.jpg  
Old 03-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mac75
dis my gpx4
WOW...may I know which engine u r using? what is the different with and without the graphite body support plate?
Old 03-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JOHN TAN
So may I know is there a better solution to solve the traction and overdrive problem?
Read over this it should help understand overdrive.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ight=overdrive
Old 03-09-2007, 12:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by razzor
Thanks...so do racer normally use tire truer to trim their front tire diameter?
Old 03-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default overdrive charts

Originally Posted by razzor
Thanks razzor for clarifying and enlightening me on the subject of overdrive. I used to have an overdrive chart from mugen, I used it for my old MTX-3. I was unable to find it, so I downloaded another one from Mugen, and I printed the additional sources you had links to.
I do have an automatic tire truer that will allow me to experiment a little more.
Regards
Old 03-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Roller bracket issue

Greetings,
I'm having an issue regarding my roller bracket, that holds the flared roller bearings, and applies tension to the side belt. It's the CNC aluminium one that came with the Pro kit. It might be a defect, for I'm unable to seat the
small shaft that holds the flared roller bearings.The slot, where the shaft mounts and slides up and down doesn't have a recess on the outer(front) side where it allows the bearings to align with the belt. Because of this, the roller bearings align further out, thus, rubbing the belt on the hex portion of the shaft, instead of guiding the side belt on the roller. On the roller bracket, it appears the recess is on the back side of the bracket, where the screw holds the shaft. Looking at this, the only way this can work is if slot's recess was on the front side, not the back. In the assembly manual(page 23, section 25), it appears that the recess is on the front portion of bracket.
If anyone has any suggestions, or info, wether this part is correct or not, please share. I have my first race of this year coming up in a week, and I need to have this car ready to run. Thank you all for taking the time to help and read this.
Regards
Old 03-12-2007, 02:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by shocker360
Greetings,
I'm having an issue regarding my roller bracket, that holds the flared roller bearings, and applies tension to the side belt. It's the CNC aluminium one that came with the Pro kit. It might be a defect, for I'm unable to seat the
small shaft that holds the flared roller bearings.The slot, where the shaft mounts and slides up and down doesn't have a recess on the outer(front) side where it allows the bearings to align with the belt. Because of this, the roller bearings align further out, thus, rubbing the belt on the hex portion of the shaft, instead of guiding the side belt on the roller. On the roller bracket, it appears the recess is on the back side of the bracket, where the screw holds the shaft. Looking at this, the only way this can work is if slot's recess was on the front side, not the back. In the assembly manual(page 23, section 25), it appears that the recess is on the front portion of bracket.
If anyone has any suggestions, or info, wether this part is correct or not, please share. I have my first race of this year coming up in a week, and I need to have this car ready to run. Thank you all for taking the time to help and read this.
Regards
Hi Shocker,

Have u change your side belt with other brand? If not, u can remove the belt guider and it will have free rolling than before...i think i face the same problem when i change to alu. left side support. As the support actually cater for OFNA not HOBAO...but there is a way use a longer screw slot in opp. side and u need a nut to hold the long screw...hope it can help u...
Old 03-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

I might take part my 1st race with my Hyper engine this coming 1st April just to gain some experience...as I manage to set my car running fast enough for me to handle it now...
Old 03-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

If you are going to race at a decent track you will have a blast. I remember being so exited that adrenaline rush gave me the shakes whilst up on the rostrum! My first car was a hobao Hyper 10 pro RTR and due to the average design now got Hyper GPX4 RTR. I havent tested new set up but suspension settings almost factory with 50K oil FR diff,10K oil rear diff, new Skyline VR12 plus exhaust with Hyper12 and nova carb if it fits. My first race back after 12 month layoff I broke my personal best time with Tamiya anti wear grease in front and rear diff and I had twitchy rear on power. Advice was to ditch grease and add the silicon oil. I am racing again on 18th March and can't wait. Hopefully the Hyper 12 motor behaves for you on race day John.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
If you are going to race at a decent track you will have a blast. I remember being so exited that adrenaline rush gave me the shakes whilst up on the rostrum! My first car was a hobao Hyper 10 pro RTR and due to the average design now got Hyper GPX4 RTR. I havent tested new set up but suspension settings almost factory with 50K oil FR diff,10K oil rear diff, new Skyline VR12 plus exhaust with Hyper12 and nova carb if it fits. My first race back after 12 month layoff I broke my personal best time with Tamiya anti wear grease in front and rear diff and I had twitchy rear on power. Advice was to ditch grease and add the silicon oil. I am racing again on 18th March and can't wait. Hopefully the Hyper 12 motor behaves for you on race day John.
Yes I do agree...I can imagine at that situation I have that kind of same feeling too...my setting is front one way, 10k oil rear diff and the rest as per my signature.
Was thinking to change engine but too late to break-in and tuning...as the race is within 2 weeks...rather spend time to practise...as I still not dare to full throttle when turning a big curve...

Thanks have a good race to u too.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:43 AM
Tech Adept

RED ALERT TO ALL GPX4 DRIVERS URGENT HELP!!
I am racing tommorow and my set up basically stock, problem is no rear grip and hook and spin. What I had done is drilled out single hole in damper piston to approx 1.3mm rear springs stock blue. Bled nicely with almost equal rebound and 40wt oil with middle position on rear shock tower. It appears to be softer rear so you would think more grip? Only race once a month and limited test time at track. Any suggestions? Also installed VR12 plus Skyline pipe and Novarossi carb from and old JP modified motor into Hyper 12 and Idling almost the same and temps as Nova motor. This is big improvement from old carb. Behaving nice. all I need is quick advice to have the best day. Thanks in anticipation.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Tech Adept

I looked for previous posts and found Romualds set up sheet. I used a few of his settings and the following;
droop rear - 3mm
droop front - 4mm
ride height rear - 6mm
ride height front - 5mm
bumpstop front and rear - nil (wound out all way so no stop)
rear diff oil - 10k
front diff oil - 50k
shock oil rear - 40wt 1 hole 1.5mm
shock oil front - 50wt 2 hole 1.5mm extra to original hole
engine - hyper 12 with novarossi carb and VR12 plus pipe
pinions - 0.8module 20 and 26t
spur - 0.8module 54 and 60t
fr tire shore 37 tire wear good
rear tire shore 37 tire wear fair
track conditions slippery am and improvement pm

Result tq sports class and second in finals. Personal best beaten by approx 0.75 seconds. Good day at the track!!
Old 03-18-2007, 01:48 AM
Tech Adept

Forgot to thank Pro driver Mike (setup) and pit man Laurent for help today, onya boys!!
Old 03-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Result tq sports class and second in finals. Personal best beaten by approx 0.75 seconds. Good day at the track!!
Congrat to u to make GPX4 pro user proud...now I looking forward to 1st April race at my side...but this is my 1st race + lack of time to practice just go for experience...
Old 03-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

RED ALERT TO ALL GPX4 DRIVERS URGENT HELP!!
I am racing tommorow and my set up basically stock, problem is no rear grip and hook and spin. What I had done is drilled out single hole in damper piston to approx 1.3mm rear springs stock blue. Bled nicely with almost equal rebound and 40wt oil with middle position on rear shock tower. It appears to be softer rear so you would think more grip? Only race once a month and limited test time at track. Any suggestions? Also installed VR12 plus Skyline pipe and Novarossi carb from and old JP modified motor into Hyper 12 and Idling almost the same and temps as Nova motor. This is big improvement from old carb. Behaving nice. all I need is quick advice to have the best day. Thanks in anticipation.
May I know what is your hyper engine temp range? Mine is always at the high side...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.