Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What speedo....

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Default What speedo....

i know this has prolly been asked already but i want to know the best speedo for stock motor racing on asphalt with foams(dunno if that matters). And please tell me why cus id like to know why you would go with one over the other. thanks!
Old 09-18-2002, 02:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Go with the Keyence Zero V Extreme. It is by far the best speedo I have ever had and believe me I've had them all, Quantums, Cyclones, V12's etc... It is very smooth, it is infinitely adjustable, small and lightweight and displays many functions. Awesome speedo!
Old 09-18-2002, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Another vote for the Keyence, had mine for a year now no probs at all, i love the screen, no more guessing whether youve changed the right thing or not!
Old 09-18-2002, 11:12 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would say go for the ZeroV Extreme as well. I will probably make it my next racing speedo.

Anyone who owns a V12 like I do, would agree with Ian S's statement about not wanting to have to guess whether you have changed the right function!

Only downside to the Zero V Extreme are those wires! EEeek, good lord what was Keyence smoking when they picked those colors? Also, they are replaceable.....but, not really. Meaning you can replace them, but it might void your warrenty. Your left with two choices:

1. run with the stock wires and deal with the horrid colors.
2. replace the wires and void the warrenty...ouch!

However, I have seen so many pics of people's Zero V Etremes where they have changed the wires, so maybe Keyence changed it so that it doesn't void your warrenty anymore. Or people just don't care about voiding it.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Thumbs up

It's also hard to beat the LRP Quantum.... No other manufacturer offers lifetime waranty and Associated customer support.
Old 09-18-2002, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by MikeR
It's also hard to beat the LRP Quantum.... No other manufacturer offers lifetime waranty and Associated customer support.
You'll need it when you see blue smoke out the back of your car
Old 09-18-2002, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

V zero extreme ......
i am using one and it rocks ...

Old 09-19-2002, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Speedo

You'll need it when you see blue smoke out the back of your car
True- The warranty has been used twice in the year i've had my Quantum but that's about the norm for me. That's why I would buy Quantum again, just for the killer warranty.
Old 09-19-2002, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

2 of my racing buddies use the new Keyence Extreme and love them. I use to have an Keyence Infinity when they first came out and it worked flawlessly, I'll throw a plug in for keyence as well.
You can pick one up from Schumacher at www.racing-cars.com for $189 I believe.
I now use Novak exclusively, but thats my own choice, I just like there customer service. noone out there can match it. Some people have had problems with novak, but 4 cyclones, 1 atom, 1 dually, 1 fusion, 1 explorer, later...... I've never fried one yet.
Old 09-19-2002, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

If you have to use the warranty for a product you buy twice a year that doesn't say much for the product now does it?
Old 09-19-2002, 11:11 PM
Tech Champion

What I'm getting at is sometimes it's not the product but the end user
Old 09-20-2002, 12:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Keyence Zero V Extreme.....I got two of them and love them. I have changed my wires on both of them and they have had no problems for the two years that I have been running them. The only other one I would go for on the market is the new KO Propo VFS. It has all the same features except that you would have to buy a pit wizard type module to change the profiles and settings. That is why the Keyence would be the better buy because you can get them for 180-189. The KO would run you approx. 300+ with the module.
Old 09-20-2002, 02:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

how did you guys replace the wires on the zero-v extreme? can the wires be soldered/desoldered on their terminals, just like the LRP quantum or novak TC series? i have the zero-v with the wires soldered on; i think the new zero-v has solderless wire connectors (not sure though )
Old 09-20-2002, 02:25 AM
Tech Master

I have the zero V extreme and I just unsoldered and resoldered different wires on there just like you would on a GM v12 or a Cyclone or a Quantum.
Old 09-20-2002, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

thanks for the info good to know that its just as easy as the quantums or cyclones to replace the wires. i was hesitant at first because ive read somewhere (i think it was in RCCA mag) that the wires cannot be replaced even with external solder posts because the esc has a dual circuit board (or something) that may short.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.