Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree164Likes

Tamiya TB Evo 6

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racer034life
How does this chassis do in 17.5 against others like the 418, Xray and other chassis?
I hope to actually test mine soon, there are a few guys at our club who have bought one (They wanted 418's but were not available).

I am encouraged to see how it works, my 418 has been great in 17.5, this has similar geometry but with the umpff of shaft out of the corners so theoretically it could be even better.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
Besides the drivetrain, are the arms/c-hubs/knuckles holding up well?
they should do. ive been banging and crashing my 418 (same plastics) for a few months now and the only victim is a ballstud.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

my Evo has been working great! Feels really good on carpet right out of the box.

Not quite as loud as I expected but still loud nonetheless!
Old 07-30-2014, 02:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok guys, a little help needed here please..

Id like to know why you guys change from the standard kit gears, spur and pinions? Im also a little stuck on if they all use 0.4mod or 0.6mod Pinions???

is this correct:

66T or 68T Spurs and 0.6mod Pinions with 2.500 internal using 40T/20T gears (kit standard)

90T or 96T Spurs and 0.4mod Pinions with 2.437 internal using 39T/16T gears (evo5 style)

90T or 96T Spurs and 0.4mod Pinions with 2.294 internal using 39T/17T gears (evo4 style)

are all the pitches the same on the Spur gears? 0.6, 0.4 64P or 48P??? Im confused :S

I will be running a 10.5 brushless stock and also 3.5 brushless modified, what would be the best setups to go with in regards to gearing setups? To achieve the correct overall gear ratio to suit my track i have no problem working that out, its just whats best suitid to the car and motor combos?

any help will be much appriciated,

thanks in advance, J
Old 07-30-2014, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jamie24

Id like to know why you guys change from the standard kit gears, spur and pinions? Im also a little stuck on if they all use 0.4mod or 0.6mod Pinions???

is this correct:

66T or 68T Spurs and 0.6mod Pinions with 2.500 internal using 40T/20T gears (kit standard)

90T or 96T Spurs and 0.4mod Pinions with 2.437 internal using 39T/16T gears (evo5 style)

90T or 96T Spurs and 0.4mod Pinions with 2.294 internal using 39T/17T gears (evo4 style)

are all the pitches the same on the Spur gears? 0.6, 0.4 64P or 48P??? Im confused :S

I will be running a 10.5 brushless stock and also 3.5 brushless modified, what would be the best setups to go with in regards to gearing setups? To achieve the correct overall gear ratio to suit my track i have no problem working that out, its just whats best suitid to the car and motor combos?

thanks in advance, J
Run this car with 3.5t?
Are you sure?
Each mod and each pitch are independent things, since we don't run tac races, don't need to use those mod gears.
Keep use 48 or 64 pitch ones, of course same pitch is only way to match, so can't mix it.
I recommend to run 48 in mod and boosted and few blinky races(13.5 and 10.5).
Run 64 mostly on 17.5 and 21.5 races, boosted and blinky.

Last edited by mac853; 07-30-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

I want to know if I am the only one with a rear input shaft problem. the parts does not seems right and cause major restriction in the gearbox like dead spot
Old 07-31-2014, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quinny45
I want to know if I am the only one with a rear input shaft problem. the parts does not seems right and cause major restriction in the gearbox like dead spot
Add 0.3mm of shims between the roll pin and the bearing on the main shaft.

Have you ran the car yet?
Old 08-01-2014, 01:00 AM
Tech Addict

no i dont run the car... if i loose the gearbox screw Under the car the gearbox goes up and down... I send Email at RCMarket for the problem
Old 08-01-2014, 01:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jamie24

is this correct:

thanks in advance, J

Because tamiya is the only company insisting on running metric pitch pinions (MOD4 MOD6, whatever) when everybody else and their dog is running imperial (64. 48, etc). The consequence is that if you want Tamiya spurs/pinions you only have Tamiya to buy from and are limited to whatever range they put out. Imperial sizes are offered by many kit manufacturers and third parties in just about any size you might care to dream up.

Oh, of course each pitch is different and you can't mix and match, if this wasn't clear already.

Last edited by niznai; 08-01-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quinny45
no i dont run the car... if i loose the gearbox screw Under the car the gearbox goes up and down... I send Email at RCMarket for the problem
Adding the shim will pull the transmission output further away from the input. Running the car will bed the gears and fix the high spot.

The TB04s have this issue also.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Because tamiya is the only company insisting on running metric pitch pinions (MOD4 MOD6, whatever) when everybody else and their dog is running imperial (64. 48, etc). The consequence is that if you want Tamiya spurs/pinions you only have Tamiya to buy from and are limited to whatever range they put out. Imperial sizes are offered by many kit manufacturers and third parties in just about any size you might to dream up.

Oh, of course each pitch is different and you can't mix and match, if this wasn't clear already.
I don't want to rip on Tamiya, but this is a strategic business plan. Just like TCS, it ensures that you buy Tamiya, lots of Tamiya and only Tamiya. A lot of people may not realize that they can switch to the more standard imperial spurs/pinions, so they keep buying Tamiya ones. The company hasn't been around this long without smart people at the helm.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

I don't want to rip on Tamiya, but this is a strategic business plan. Just like TCS, it ensures that you buy Tamiya, lots of Tamiya and only Tamiya. A lot of people may not realize that they can switch to the more standard imperial spurs/pinions, so they keep buying Tamiya ones. The company hasn't been around this long without smart people at the helm.
Meh. Nobody wants to rip on Tamiya, but this is what they do. Business plan or not, I am not sure it works either way. My opinion is trying to be bastard only writes you out of the market. On the other hand, Tamiya knows when to give up the crap and copy something to keep their market share. The TB06 EVO is just a testing of the waters in the wake of the Awesomatix for Tamiya. If it works, they'll embrace it wholeheartedly in the future.

Personally I run whatever fits in the car and if it's better or only cheaper, I don't care if it's made by Xray, Yokomo or whatever and it lands in my Tamiya. My personal 418 has Xray diffs, Xray servo mount, driveshafts from Yokomo and Xray, belts from HPI (I think, or Yokomo) and so on. Tamiya can care about Tamiya, I care about myself. I like to spread my bets around a bit and the advantage is I can use what I find best from each manufacturer. It's a consumer market when parts are so interchangeable.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Meh. Nobody wants to rip on Tamiya, but this is what they do. Business plan or not, I am not sure it works either way. My opinion is trying to be bastard only writes you out of the market. On the other hand, Tamiya knows when to give up the crap and copy something to keep their market share. The TB06 EVO is just a testing of the waters in the wake of the Awesomatix for Tamiya. If it works, they'll embrace it wholeheartedly in the future.

Personally I run whatever fits in the car and if it's better or only cheaper, I don't care if it's made by Xray, Yokomo or whatever and it lands in my Tamiya. My personal 418 has Xray diffs, Xray servo mount, driveshafts from Yokomo and Xray, belts from HPI (I think, or Yokomo) and so on. Tamiya can care about Tamiya, I care about myself. I like to spread my bets around a bit and the advantage is I can use what I find best from each manufacturer. It's a consumer market when parts are so interchangeable.
I can't disagree with any of that, you have the right idea. I love my Xray T4, and the only reason it has mostly all Xray parts is because of the undeniable Xray part strength and quality. However, for example, Xray DCJs are junk, so I'm running RSD DCJs. If I were to do it again, I would have probably went with Tamiya DCJs right away. Run what works best
Old 08-01-2014, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

64pitch and 0.4 mod are very similar and I use both together with no issues. Although 0.6 mod is bonkers
Old 08-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
Adding the shim will pull the transmission output further away from the input. Running the car will bed the gears and fix the high spot.

The TB04s have this issue also.
ok thanks Craig I will add the shim and retest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.