OMG PLZ HELP

Old 08-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

no problem and good luck with your cells
Old 08-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Only if you can isolate the one cell that is as you call it boiling.if you can't then get rid of the whole pack.Please play it safe.I don't want to read a thread that says "my pack exploded what do i do now"
Old 08-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

I was out of town and soldering my pack in when I heard my batteries vent.2 minutes before the main.talk about timing.I tore the baterries apart and chunked it 2 minutes later that cell exploded.Do what you want but I'd chunk it.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

i had a cell explode while i was soldering it once... that was fun lucky i only got the acid on my hand and not in my eyes
Old 08-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

did it burn your hands ??
Old 08-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

That was my best pack.I don't call that fun.You were lucky.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

This happenend to my old practice cells, they were totally useless after that. They were ok for 3 min but went sooo slow the last 2 minutes. So I'd just throw it away, unless you have really low practice standards :-)
Old 08-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

The do's and cannot do's of batteries. How they are made, what to expect, charging/dischargine recommendations.

Check Out this Site: http://www.mpoweruk.com/.

Ol' whats his name is right, chuck the batteries....the chemical reaction inside the cell is now out-of-balance and/or incorrect... you are gonna hurt yourself...or someone else if you continue to use them.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

dont just throw them in the trash. Take them to your nearest Radio shack and put them in the recycle box
Old 08-08-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hick
The do's and cannot do's of batteries. How they are made, what to expect, charging/dischargine recommendations.

Check Out this Site: http://www.mpoweruk.com/.

Ol' whats his name is right, chuck the batteries....the chemical reaction inside the cell is now out-of-balance and/or incorrect... you are gonna hurt yourself...or someone else if you continue to use them.

Nice site!!!

Here's a helpfull blurb:
Cell Balancing In multi-cell battery chains small differences between cells due to production tolerances or operating conditions tend to be magnified with each charge / discharge cycle. Weaker cells become overstressed during charging causing them to become even weaker, until they eventually fail causing premature failure of the battery. Cell balancing is a way of compensating for weaker cells by equalising the charge on all the cells in the chain and thus extending battery life.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

I ran across that site while researching Lipo's .... I get something different out of it every time I read it....I wish everyone would as it answers a lot of questions about batteries...

But read on McDuff...you will find something even more interesting about battery matching!