Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Are Mugen MBX4 parts still readily available? >

Are Mugen MBX4 parts still readily available?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are Mugen MBX4 parts still readily available?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Are Mugen MBX4 parts still readily available?

I'm looking into many 1/8th scae kits and have come across a few good deals on MBX4 RRs. I'm heavily considering the new Xray but I have a small budget so used may be my best bet. Just wondering if the older Mugen is still supported.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Check out the for sale thread. I saw a hyper 7 in there not long ago for cheap. It's a good car and parts are all over.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

nitrohouse.com I have 3 mbx 4's the original, the rr and xr. Most hobby shops can get parts, but it will take a week or so. No hobby shop has anything in stock for these buggys. the rr and the xr are the same, only difference is the chassis, center shafts and chassis braces, but everything else is the same, and i mean everything.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Nitrohouse still has some MBX4 stuff, but as parts sell out they are listed as discontinued.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fhm101
Nitrohouse still has some MBX4 stuff, but as parts sell out they are listed as discontinued.
Yah I saw that... the discontinued descriptions aren't too encouraging.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

your worried about the owners manual and the decal sheet not being made anymore? You must need some glasses or something. Call them up when you order, mugens U.S. headquarters is less then a mile down the road from them. They litterally get first pick when it comes to parts and kits.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by o.s. power
your worried about the owners manual and the decal sheet not being made anymore? You must need some glasses or something. Call them up when you order, mugens U.S. headquarters is less then a mile down the road from them. They litterally get first pick when it comes to parts and kits.
Does this mean the kit is still being supported?
Old 08-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

to some degree. I mean, if you're breaking stuff on these things, you are doing something wrong. I have had my 3 buggies for over 5 years years now and the only thing that has ever broken was a lower front arm my mbx-4 (1st generation). And I race quite often and have had some pretty gnarly crashes. All 1/8 scales are very tough. The only thing that wears out are drivetrain components. And 3/4 of the drivetrain is identical to that of the mbx-5. The only parts that aren't are the cvd's. All I'm saying hear is that picking up an older mbx-4rr is not bad for a first 1/8 scale in which you don't want to break the bank and still be competitive at the local track.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by o.s. power
to some degree. I mean, if you're breaking stuff on these things, you are doing something wrong. I have had my 3 buggies for over 5 years years now and the only thing that has ever broken was a lower front arm my mbx-4 (1st generation). And I race quite often and have had some pretty gnarly crashes. All 1/8 scales are very tough. The only thing that wears out are drivetrain components. And 3/4 of the drivetrain is identical to that of the mbx-5. The only parts that aren't are the cvd's. All I'm saying hear is that picking up an older mbx-4rr is not bad for a first 1/8 scale in which you don't want to break the bank and still be competitive at the local track.
Thanks for the comments. This isn't my very first 1/8th scale but it has been a while since I raced them. I'm not too familiar with the Mugens and the reason I'm looking into the older car is due to a limited budget but I also don't want to be without parts if I need them. I heard the MBX5 was entirely new but you say most of the drivetrain parts are identical? I'm still leaning towards the new xray raycer model but i can pick up a MBX4rr deal off ebay with an engine, etc for a much better price.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

yeah the mbx-5 is 95% new. Mugen has to save money somewhere, and using the same diffs as the mbx-4 helped them save money. Kyosho and ofna do the same thing.