Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hi end battery charger >

Hi end battery charger

Hi end battery charger

Old 08-25-2005, 11:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I suggest taking some photos next time that happens for proof as even IB3800's will be hard to peak at 4400+ mah. It must be a faulty charger showing bogus numbers.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by koabich
And yes, EVERY top level racer does have a CE charger! Even those that are not sponsored by CE still have a CE charger. Look at the pits in most races, even when racers are sponsored by and use an Novak charger (for example) they still have a CE unit sitting right there.
The reason many racers still have the CE is that few chargers come with motor run feature yet (including the Novak chargers you used as an example).
I stopped using my Turbo35 because it was huge and it was false peaking on me. The Millenium Pro I bought to replace the Turbo35 was even worse in false peaking. I dropped back to my old Tekin 112 and it was lot better than the other 2 on my old packs using it's CS feature. Then I bought the LRP charger and it was ok, nothing more, it had motor run . Now I use Ice and think it's by far the best available charger for the money, let's say it's the cheapest high end charger.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danjoy25
I suggest taking some photos next time that happens for proof as even IB3800's will be hard to peak at 4400+ mah. It must be a faulty charger showing bogus numbers.
That's exactly my point...
Old 08-26-2005, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

what he is saying, is what numbers the various chargers "say" is going in is point less. what matters is what is coming out. jaybee, you've seen this with my chargers, my aps won't charge anything, even your batteries over 3000 mah. my yokomo is usually around 3800 for most, and once it got one over 6000 mah. thats not a misprint, it read over 6000mah. i didn't run it in a race, but i did use it in practice and it was "normal" runtime and punch.

btw, what are we doing today, going to the rain for a new much more, or to trcr for a m-11.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I know exactly what he's getting at and I don't disagree. But as danjoy25 has already said, you'd be hard pressed and I mean HARD PRESSED to get an IB3800 with 4800maH. His chargers are not calibrated correctly or they are just faulty... LIKE YOURS
We're heading out to the Rain to get you the TMM Cell Master ...