SXT Tire additive????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SXT Tire additive????

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Used the SXT additive this Sunday on a parking lot asphalt track. Was very consistant throughout the run. Don't really know if it was faster, but at least more consistant then others. Did the application just as P-DUB recommended every run except one time. That one time the car was very loose. Used various different tires. CS-27,RP30, and Sorex 36R. Good stuff.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry Guys ...you are right I was talking Celcius
Bob
Old 08-16-2005, 05:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Great post Donny...I think the reason why SXT is gaining popularity over some others is that performance is on par or better, but is much easier to work with and more consistent

Yes, I understand it was celius, but we are use to 55 -77 deg celcius (track temp) and 50 - 55 deg celcius (air Temp) here in Florida
Old 08-16-2005, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

Are you guys using it pretty much straight or adding Tire Tweak to it when the temp gets up?

Thanks
Old 08-16-2005, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ozwald Bates
Are you guys using it pretty much straight or adding Tire Tweak to it when the temp gets up?

Thanks
Hey Ozwald....

Lately I have been using straight SXT in the heat with only one application. One other thing I have tried with good success is the combo of Tweak and SXT.

I have found SXT to be a good application before Tweak, and after Tweak. Before Tweak is helps condition it a bit I feel. After tweak it removes the oily residue that Tweak leaves on there and lets the tires feel good from the first lap.

Hope this helps.....

Jeff
Old 08-16-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=P-DUB]Great post Donny...I think the reason why SXT is gaining popularity over some others is that performance is on par or better, but is much easier to work with and more consistent

Yea, I need more testing time. I'm still not comfortable with the car/BMI set up. I was also using the M11 for the first time(w/o Spektrum). It is a lot easier to work with. Not oily or messy.
Have you ever tried the application just before the run? Just curious if that is why my car was loose for that run only, or that the sun came out finally at that time. It was cool most of the day(overcast) during racing until the mains.(sun)
Old 08-16-2005, 05:20 PM
Regional Moderator

Hey Jeff - I tried SXT, too and it was great! The car was stuck to begin with, but I think it had a lot more grip with the SXT than it did with the Paragon last week.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Racer_Chick
Hey Jeff - I tried SXT, too and it was great! The car was stuck to begin with, but I think it had a lot more grip with the SXT than it did with the Paragon last week.
Thanks! Glad it is working out for everyone it seems.

I am working on some other sauces as well as one sauce never covers all bases. I have some other product ideas as well. We'll see how they work out....

Jeff
Old 08-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Any updates on if this stuff can be run with foams on carpet??? Or is it strictly rubber???

Rich
Old 08-18-2005, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

I am heading to the track tomorrow afternoon armed with a fresh can of SXT and a few fresh sets of foams. I will be putting down laps in 12th scale stock and 19 turn so we should get a pretty good idea of how well it will hold up for 8 minutes.

I will be posting my findings here as soon as I find them
Old 08-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Update....I ran on our tarmac track last night.Late afternoon using sorex 36,about 23degrees celcius,one coat 30min before run cooked on with tyre warmers,another coat 5min before run.I found good grip straight away,while other guys found it slippery,the grip was good right to the end.I then changed to Ellegi foams 40F/Rear,One coat 15min then another 5min before run,it soaked right in ,I didnt need to wipe any off.I found good rear end grip but front end pushed for a couple of laps,then came on.I think I will have to tune the front end like a Pro10....saucing only half or quarter of the tyre from the inside.I went back to sorex 36s for racing and found the grip was great all night.
I was running a BD in stock,another guy was running a BD in mod..7turn
The temp dropped to about 15 degrees celcius and the track had fog (damp)
Bob
Old 08-21-2005, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Jeff,

Tried SXT out at SIR on friday night. Thats some gooood stuff lol. Had more grip than anyone off the start and took TQ and win. I'm going to experiement with it a bit more on application time and what not. I noticed if I dont leave it on as long tire wear is better, just not quite as fast. When I left it on there for the suggested 30 min the traction was good tire wear suffered a bit more. this was on Sorex 32R tires, I'll be testing how it works out on sorex 36R and 40R tires. Overall, extremely impressed, remind me of havign a orderless paragon that actually works .

-Korey
Old 08-21-2005, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Guys......

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it!

Jeff
Old 08-22-2005, 10:13 AM
Shop Owner

Just wanted to inform you that I received it. This weekend when I'll try it I'll get back with comments

Nick
Old 08-22-2005, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

SXT ROCKS!!!

I've been racing SXT for the past 2 weeks.. all I can tell you is its like velcro in a can.. the best I can describe it.
Clean tires with motor spray, then apply let dry and drop and track and go.

Max grip right at the start.

Last bunch of races I notices how well it works next to paragon and zip grip..

First weekend out ran expert stock on asphalt.. 2nd TQ won A main.. track was asphalt/pepsi base syrup and RP 30's temp 115

Next day ran on another asphalt track. Took third in Mod.. stayed consistent througout the run and got better as the race went on.. asphalt/rootbeer/125 degrees and sorex 32's with hpi pink inserts.

yesterday I won 19t and beat tq.. and the car was dialed from the get go! It was 130 track temp/ vht and sorex 36 with xenon black inserts.

Sat nite I ran and it was awesome took off 19t a main and got the lead.. and was checking out got hookup against a backmarker got on my lid.. but the grip was pheonomnal though.
Track temp 80/sugar water and takeoff22's/

this is the only stuff that will be in my pit box now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.