Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
OFNA X3 GT SERIES >

OFNA X3 GT SERIES

OFNA X3 GT SERIES

Old 09-30-2014, 04:11 PM
Tech Adept

IMO, if you need to run a harder tire in the front then you don't have a balanced car. Running a harder tire in the front or the rear should be part of a set up adjustment and not a necessity. I try and run 40's or 45's all the way around and then if I want to me more aggressive I'll run 40 front and 45 rear or 45 front and 50 rear for a main.

I have a feeling, however, that I'll have to run a harder tire in the rear based on how I'm changing my set up. As long as it's consistent I'll be happy. Well, that and more aggressive through the turns.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by technazi
IMO, if you need to run a harder tire in the front then you don't have a balanced car. Running a harder tire in the front or the rear should be part of a set up adjustment and not a necessity. I try and run 40's or 45's all the way around and then if I want to me more aggressive I'll run 40 front and 45 rear or 45 front and 50 rear for a main.

I have a feeling, however, that I'll have to run a harder tire in the rear based on how I'm changing my set up. As long as it's consistent I'll be happy. Well, that and more aggressive through the turns.
Agree, and the tire change will help for mid summer races at tracks with a lot of heat and humidity .......
Old 10-01-2014, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by technazi

Agree, and the tire change will help for mid summer races at tracks with a lot of heat and humidity .......
Old 10-21-2014, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Very very happy with the X3 so far ...

1/8 .21 3T and Nitro GT Nationals on my country, 2nd stage (i missed first one on GT)

TQ + Win !!! ... very very satisfied, but i need to work a little more on setup :

3rd place was a X3 too

Thanks so much for your inputs about the car !
Old 11-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

I can't decide between the X3 GT nitro or the GT v2 nitro. Both offered by Ofna however, the GT v2 is a TeamC car. What's the better choice for racing?

X3 http://www.ofna.com/x3gt-nitro-rtr.php
GT v2 http://www.ofna.com/gtv2.php

I plan to just do a kit version of either.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by evostyle
I can't decide between the X3 GT nitro or the GT v2 nitro. Both offered by Ofna however, the GT v2 is a TeamC car. What's the better choice for racing?

The X3 has a stronger driveline and is the same wheel base as the Serpent, so more bodies fit the chassis, which will give you more options over time.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I cannot find this answer anywhere....

Does the electric version have the same clutch bell setup? I've never had a 2 gear car and don't know how that works?
Old 11-21-2014, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

The electric version does not have a 2-speed.
Instead of a 2-speed or a differential in the center it uses a single gear spool.

To run a 2-speed in an electric car you would have to some how add brakes to it. Also your radio would require to have multiple channels and mixing capabilities.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, there seems to be no help coming from the e guys so i want to ask you if you dont mind, I should have my car this evening, I bought the RTR GTe version. I also ordered the X3 Orange braces because they pretty....Does anyone know or can tell me what else should buy for my car straight away? I live in SA so i need to order in bulk or i wait weeks for parts
Old 11-27-2014, 07:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by evostyle

Go get the "improved" X3GT here at www.igt8.com

also the Team C car is not allowed to race in any Roar events because of the flat chassis...has no buggy based front kick up !
Old 11-28-2014, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know what the standard oils are in the shocks front and rear? I don't know why but my car is leaning to the battery side WITHOUT lipos in lol
Old 11-28-2014, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

The manual shows #800 in both front and rear
Old 12-01-2014, 05:29 AM
Tech Adept

wow thats heavy thanks....does anyone know of any stronger springs available? the car is absolutely evil but id like to stiffen things up a bit....has a bit to much roll in corners and nose dive under braking...other than that....one of the best buys ive ever made....and i have had alot. for the money the RTR is seriously well kitted. LOCTITE is a must specially on the outdrives and i also had to tighten my spool....wheel nuts were a issue but it stayed on with some loctite lol ordered my serated nuts. stock servo horn was decent and stock setup was very stable. stock tyres needed to be belted but they gripped well and didnt show to much signs of wear, on our long straight the car tried to lift off. I got the car on friday and raced the sunday so i didnt do much work on it but i didnt need to.....started the day on a 19t but came off at 90*c so i dropped 2 teeth on pinion to a 17 and also took the punch down to level 3....came off at 150*. so stuff i want to look at.......Spring kit, serated nuts, waiting on sweeps to arrive.....i was considering taking the electronics out but honestly....you dont need more for track racing, the car has alot to offer and its a great package. Well done to ofna/hongnor......also very impressed with the cnc towers and shocks.....
Old 12-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Look back through the thread, there are setups from the fast guys (check the nitro thread too). Some are running 2000 front 1000 rear...
Old 12-03-2014, 12:05 AM
Tech Adept

did anyone get stiffer springs? which springs did you use? i feel that my car transfers weight to much or is that just something that these heavy beasts naturally do?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.