ROAR bylaws revision

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR bylaws revision

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

This mornings AMA experience. It all happened within two hours.

I wrote a letter to the AMA this morning and I've already been
contacted by two members with all the info I requested. Check this
out. :-)

My email is below with the answer on top.

No, you have to meet certain qualifications that are in our bylaws. I
will forward your message to Mary Lou who handles the election. She
will be able to answer your question in more detail.

Vicki

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 8:04 AM
To: Vicki Barkdull
Subject: A quick question for you

Vicki I just come to the AMA site for the first time. I must say I’m
in awe of the outstanding job you guys are doing. WOW! I come from the
other side of the fence. I race RC cars. This leads me to my question.
What are your bylaws when it comes to running for an AMA office? Can
anyone one of your members run for office or do they need to meet a
certain criteria first. Like a member for so many years, committee
experience or regional level experience. Could an absolute new comer,
i.e.: me, become an AMA member and run for office without any
experience. I’m not going to. I just want to see how you guys do it.
Thanks for taking your time to read. I look forward to hearing back
from you.

Thank you

Homer Allman

Second email recieved for the AMA

Hi, Vicki has forwarded your question to me. Since you indicated you
were on our web site, that would be the best place for you to
view "what is necessary to become an officer" would be the Bylaws.
You can find that document under Membership Services, then Membership
Manual. Our Bylaws are published in our Membership Manual annually.

Let me know if you have more questions once you have read the
document.

Now this is how it works. I'm calling off my ROAR dogs for now. After
checking out the AMA, I see ROAR is a lost cause. I'm too busy trying
to figure out which airplane I want. :-)
Old 08-01-2005, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

How about we make people want to go to a Regional, not have to. Guaranteed trophies of X quality, work with manufacturers to provide really nice door prizes, get with the magazines and see about 1 page coverage for each Regional.

It's kinda funny how when something good is going on, everyone wants a piece, but when it's bad (current condition of ROAR) nobody wants to touch it with a 10 foot pole. If ROAR can get back on track, the magazines and manufacturers would be all over them to see what kind of help they could lend.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I wonder if the AMA is interested in becoming the sanctioning body for RAdio Control Cars also? I don't think it would be that big of a step for them. It would be alot easier than starting a new body from scratch.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Homer, the regional quals for nationals has been brought up by the fuel offroad racers for years now, because it was so hard to get into the nationals with a limit of only 200. The draw back is, locals who would attend a national would not know whether the national would be in their area the next year until the decision is done in October. I agree that attending the regionals should be a stepping stone to the nationals, but saying your just going to step in and tell people they have to vote your way isn't going to fly. You need to be able to respond to different scenarios and be able to accomidate them. Like someone else pointed out, the regions are sometimes a long drive, my example: Texas, you live in El Paso and the regonal is in Beaumont, you just drove over 12 hours to attend the offroad regional, then the gas regional is in Harlingen, that is 10 plus hours, and all that is without leaving the state. I know most people run more than one class and many people run more than one type of class.

If you say that if the race does not fill up, then unqualified people can enter. has any race other than the gas offroad nats filled up in a while(I do not know about onroad)? Until all nationals fill up and start turning people away, people will not attend a regional because they know there will be open spots. Ok, you say you will now impliment a lower entry count, now you are taking away from the track because they need as many entries as possible to be able to make a profit. Now you impliment tha entry will be raised, well now people can not afford attending the races so the limit is once again not reached. It will become a never ending loop.

Here is an idea Homer, people know Lisa wants to hold an excomm position, she would prolly be a way better candidate for a political office. If a excomm member is nominated to run against the VP and wins, talk with all the excomm and get them to support Lisa replacing that person in thier position. If it doesn't happen, let them know that she is willing to hold any excomm position that becomes open. Only thing is, Homer, until you slow down some, it would be hard to get anyone directly affiliated with you, into any position. I know the last couple days you have tried to mellow it out some, but it does NO good if someone takes a dominate aggresive posture against others in one board, then when it closes, he reopens in the exact same way in another thread. The way you are going at these people, makes it appear to you are attacking them directly with questions, that no matter how they answer, will be the wrong ones and will be used back against you.

I wonder how many hear know about what you have stated on the s-grid? How you stated that someone gave you a password to enter a private forum there, then you went and saw all the issues happening. Then you went and broke in useing someone elses password(which he came out and stated he never gave you). If one person gave you the password, why would you need to go figure out another one from someone else?
Old 08-01-2005, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Wow, guess it took me a while to type that last post, after reading how Homer feels about the AMA site, that just gives a very good example for how he could suggest ROAR repair their org.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Tol I really have no more suggestions to ROAR. they have made their bed. I pointed out some issues. You are right it's time for me to move along.

I didn't realize how boken down ROAR was until I checked out the AMA. that righ there made me loose all interest in repairing anything ROAR related. You'll be seeing less of me on the ROAR threads.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Homer Allman
Tol I really have no more suggestions to ROAR. You are right it's time for me to move along.

Homer....I APPLAUD YOU!!!
Old 08-01-2005, 11:26 AM
Tech Adept

...and I think I heard a pin drop in here!
Old 08-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Seeing as how this seems to be the place where so many other people are bringing up their post count, I think I'll do the same! Only 4 more until I hit 200, and I gave up after the Internet Petition thread.

Post.....Post.....Post.....Post.....Post

Old 08-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!!

homer im proud of ya, u started the arguement, and u ened it in a very mature way... and u also never really lost your temper.... good posure.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

josh I'm glad some one can see through all the smoke and mirrors directed my way. These valid debates always turn against me. All it is, is an attempt to cloud the facts. I always find it amusing when people come out and flame me because they say I'm flaming ROAR. Case is I only ask a few, well maybe a more than a few, questions and they can't give me the simplest of answers. Instead they try to flame me and then run and hide. It's all good though.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think you may have very valid questions but unless you learn to present them better no one will listen. Your actions and the way you present your case has to be creditable before calling someone's credibility into question.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Homer.... it's cool i just know how to maintain my posure also, and i understand what you were tryin to get at and just didnt let it get to me.... plus im a teenager and seen much worse then this thread... theres plenty more ppl i know that bitch alot about stuphider stuff over and over again... i geuss i just got use to it.... but good luck w/ ya decision and your site looks good along w/ your track.

LaTa JoSh