Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
anyone know these part numbers for the traxxas jato? >

anyone know these part numbers for the traxxas jato?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

anyone know these part numbers for the traxxas jato?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 06:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default anyone know these part numbers for the traxxas jato?

i am currently in the process of building my own jato. it shows on my exploded views for the front end and how everything goes together. however i noticed that next to the shocks in () it says w/o springs. i'm guessing this means without springs? if so, then does anyone know the part number for them? thanks
Old 07-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile

I got my springs (the whole set) from Tower. I believe that there are 4 sets of each (front and rear). I ordered them all at the same time.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation

I just found the springs at Stormer Hobbies. The part numbers are:
5427 Front
5428 Front
5429 Rear
5430 Front
5431 Rear
5432 Front
5433 Rear
5434 Rear

I would also try the Traxxas web site to. All I did at Stormer is put in springs and manufacture Traxxas
Old 07-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

thank u. that was a big help, i appreciate it
Old 07-28-2005, 09:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

i have one more question. what r the size of the rims the jato comes stock with? i need to know because i heard the stock tires suck pretty bad, so, i was looking on pro-line's website to see what tires they had, but first i need to know the size of the rims before i consider anything. thanks
Old 07-29-2005, 05:42 AM
Tech Initiate

I've trashed the stock rims because before they didn't make any tires that were 2.8. I bought some Traxxas Nitro rims which are 2.2 and put on Pro-line tires. I see that pro-line has just released a new body and new tires, but nobody carries them yet.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:44 AM
Tech Initiate

"Semper Fi" still in?
Old 07-29-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

alright, thank u. i guess i will be buying 2.2 rims. now i just gotta figure out what tires i want. lol.

P.S. what do u mean by "Semper Fi still in?"
Old 07-29-2005, 12:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sho .21
alright, thank u. i guess i will be buying 2.2 rims. now i just gotta figure out what tires i want. lol.

P.S. what do u mean by "Semper Fi still in?"
Are you still in the Corp?
Old 07-29-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by armyracinman
Are you still in the Corp?

haha! lol. i wish i was in the Corp to begin with. u see, i havn't even joined yet, i'm still in high school. when i graduate i plan on joining though. i live pretty close to the 29palms Marine base, and all the time i see cobra gunships flying over our house, or we'll be going down the highway and you'll see big convoys of humvees and trucks going the opposite direction, and a lot of that is what got me interested and thinking about it. but yeah, i definately plan on joining
Old 07-29-2005, 06:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile

Well, I guess that you and me are on different ends of this. As of 1 August 05, I retire after 22 yrs in the Army. I guess this can be a old man's sport too. I think that that's great that you want to join! How long have you had your Jato? I've had mine about 3 month's and have been racing it about the same amount of time. I've done some minor upgrade's but it's been real consistant.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

wow, you've been there for a long time. how was it?

i have my jato, but yet then again i dont have my jato, if that makes any sense. lol. see, i didn't have the $350 dollars right up front to buy a complete RTR one, so, i decided i would be creative and build my own, and buy parts only when i have money. i went on traxxas' website, and printed off all the exploded views to see how it all goes together. so far all i have is the chassis, that big plastic piece that screws into the chassis that the fuel tank sits in (i forgot what it was called), most of the front end i have all put together, and the engine which is an O.S. .18 TZ. i know that engine is overkill, and that the 2.5 has plenty of power but i thought "what the hell, y not." lol. i'm waiting on a couple of parts to come in at my hobby shop, and a few on the internet. i still have a LONG way to go, but, its slowly coming together.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Yea, I guess that it's been a long time. I came in at 18, right after HS.

I got my Jato RTR and I've been having a blast with it. I started racing at my LHS track with the Jato. Now I have a Revo and a 1/8 scale buggy (GS Storm). You can say that I fell into this hobby with both feet. I guess that's why I was Airborne Infantry in the Army. I've only been racing for about 2 months, so I.m kinda new at this also.

How's the weather in sunny southern California? I live here in Kentucky, stationed at Ft. Knox. And no I can't get any gold either
Old 07-29-2005, 11:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

wow, airborne. thats really cool. what division are u in?

its pretty miserable out here in socal. at least where i live it is. its really hot and humid. the other day we were in joshua tree (if u dont know where that is, it boarders 29palms), and when we got in the car the thermometer on the rear view mirror was reading 113. and then as luck would have it our air conditioning decides to go out, so we had to wait a few days for them to get out here and fix it. that really sucked, but, oh well its fixed now. lol. however the really cool thing though is that we've been getting thunderstorms. i love thunderstorms in the desert. how hot is it in kentucky where ur at?

thats cool that u race. when i get my jato all finished i've been thinking about maybe racing it, but i dont know. what do u get if u win?
Old 07-30-2005, 07:52 AM
Tech Initiate

I started with the Rangers, then went to the 101st. Now I work with the Accessions Support Brigade in the Operations section. I haven't jumped in a few years. I guess it's the age. I did get a chance to Tandom with the Golden Knights Parachute team.

Well back to the rc: That sound's great that you are building it from the ground up. You know what your put in there and how tho fix it. I imagine that the parts are hard to come by right now. I'm also looking at getting the HPI Nitro MT2 4wd Staduim truck for my next vehicle. I just have to wait for a while.

It's been around 90 degrees, now with the humidity the heat index is around 105 to 110. It's down right sticky. Hopefully the weather stay in the low 80's and low humidity. I get to race today and hopefuly get to place in the money!!

PS At the LHS track the 1st-3rd wins money.
1st 50% of the pot
2nd 30% of the pot
3rd 20% of the pot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.