Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JACO tire news

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

All this sounds greats but I am really curious as I am sure alot are as to why these tires are better? Yes 2 tenths does say alot but as with any tuning aid it is always good to know how it affects the end result. Thanks.

Brian
Old 09-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

The core material is lighter for faster acceleration. In addition, the base foam has a different compression/deflection characteristic than the race foam which results in a tire that is less "live", so it tends to create more traction with a slightly larger contact patch. The car feels planted, but without bogging down the motor. It carries more speed through the turns and is generally easier to drive.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

So I take it the Tires are out. Because My local Hobby shop Told me that the Double Pink/Orange have been discontinued. What are the name's of the new tires then. Just needing to know so I can get some new shoes.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Double pink orange have NOT been discontinued! Your shop needs to double check their information.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default 1/10th "truck" tires

We run an indoor carpet "offroad" track. Does/would jaco sell just donuts in different compunds for the 2.2 rims? I prefer mounting tires as they seem to take more abuse and chunk faster using std rims. What some of us have been doing is mounting them on rims made for rubber tires. We grind down all the ridges on the rim except for the outer ridge. This allows the RIM to rub against the boards or other objects instead of the foam, thus saving the outside of the foam. I've been doing this for 2 years and hardly (note I said hardly) ever tear a tire anymore. Jack, if you would like some pics of what I'm talking about, let me know and I'll get one posted.

thanks,
Aaron.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

I know what you are talking about. If you have a group at your track that all run the same thing, get your shop to contact us about selling bulk donuts. We typically don't do this, but we have in the past with truck donuts.
There is good news about the sedan wraps: our testing has concluded and we have succeeded in making the tire perform in all classes, including mod. Over 15 test drivers in stock, mod, and 19 turn have all concluded that they experienced an increase in performance by simply switching tires. We will be producing these tires next week and shipping to a limited number of shops in the hopes that they will be available to everyone before next weekend so you can practice for Vegas. As I find out more info, I will relay it to everyone.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Our local hobby shop is looking to order some of the new sedan dual compound tires for some fellow competitors but cannot find the part numbers. Can somebody post them so I can relay the numbers to the hobby shop? They would appreciate it greatly.

I already have my tire of choice. Just doing public relations work.

Last edited by Doug Gaut; 09-12-2005 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I know different drivers have had different degrees of wear with these tires. On average, how much less wear do you experience with the wraps?
-Josh
Old 09-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm not sure about the wear and how it relates to a given track. The drivers who have run the tires would be better equipped to answer those questions. For the most part, the feedback indicates better life on the new tires, but to what degree I am not sure.
The new tires are not available yet through distribution, although they will be available at the track in Vegas. If you know of a shop that would like to supply their local drivers for this race, they can call us or PM me. We are only making the tires now as we speak for the race since we have been testing different combinations for the last couple weeks.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by teamgp
Oh yes they do! I don't care what the powers that be say, I've won several A mains with Nitro Shoes on our new indoor carpet track and placed in the top three on an older indoor carpet track last year as I came up to speed. Although I'd have to say that using Paragon additive is a must in order to get enough rear grip.

The trick is to find the right combination of front and rears. I spent a ton of money (I had it to spend then) last year trying out a lot of combinations and came up with 40s 26mm fronts and 35s 30mm rears on my Xray FK. With the new FK05 being lighter at the rear, I'm going to try using 35s 26mm fronts on the rear next week. Even though I really don't think they will provide enough rear grip with the skinny width, I have an old pair from last years testing that I'm going to sauce up and try.

I was pretty much scolded by a Jaco rep on the forum here last year for even contemplating using Nitro Shoes on my Xray. But me being the hard headed (or maybe determined) individual that I am, I spent the money to test them anyway.

Everyone laughed at me last year for having the "pretty" car with the 5 spoke rims (I truly hate the dish look), and now those same people are asking me questions about my setup.

Point made...
Agreed; it's just a matter of setting up the car for the tires and getting the right compound front and rear; I liked 37 front and 40-42 rear on my BMI TC3.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

I would like to say Jack is doing a great job the 2-stage tire is for sure better I ran the wrap at Josh's track and was .2 tenth faster then with the standed tires my car held more corner speed and the wear in stock was good I ran 10 paks and the wear was less then 1mm I started them out at 57.7mm.....
The other thing is the bit was so high at Josh's that people were glueing the outside edge of the tire I was not having to do this with the 1/10 wrap but with the standed ones I had to so the car would not be tippy.. They are going to be the next fast and must have thing to hit the rc industry.

Thanks Drew Ellis
Old 09-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would have to agree with Drew. I also ran the wraps at Halo for the IIC warm up race. The tires were awesome, wear was very minimal, and they were faster. You could really feel the consistency of the tire in the corners. Jack has done his homework and it shows why his tires are the best in the business.

Chris Mazzola
Old 09-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

must of been nice all you fast guys running together at joshes before the iic (i mean you to drew ) but i tested the wraps for jack in mod and the wear was very good i ran 12 packs in one night and i wore about 2 mm total compared to a sandered tire it was about half as much ( i drive hard) i felt the car freeed itself up in the corners but when i yanked the trigger it didnt get all out of shape it just went where i was pointing it.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sup smyka!!! The scary part is where the heck were you pointing it

See ya in VEGAS sucka!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

TEAMGP: Thats funny, i happen to be one of the guys that laughed at your pretty tires. As i am at the track more than you have been, i cant say i missed a day that you were there and raced, in the past year. With THAT said, i have yet to recall a single A main you have won, much less place in, unless it was novice. Can you please refresh my memory?

- DaveW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.