Wiki Posts
Search

HPI sprint flux 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default HPI sprint flux 2

Was thinking of getting a hpi sprint flux 2 or possibly the sprint 2 with the brushed motor. ive been a dirtoval guys for yrs, and just want to mess around in the streets. i know the brushless is the way to go but still up in the air in where to go. plus a decent price jump as well.. what do you guys think? plus i will be posting in the classifieds that im looking for either.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

if you're looking for a good, durable basher, the Sprint 2 fits the bill quite well. I'd look for a used roller and add your own brushless system to save some money off the Flux's price tag though.
if you're looking to get into competitive racing on-road, there are many better options out there.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Everything you need to know about the Sprint 2:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-sows-ear.html
Old 02-09-2014, 06:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wareagle84
if you're looking for a good, durable basher, the Sprint 2 fits the bill quite well. I'd look for a used roller and add your own brushless system to save some money off the Flux's price tag though.
if you're looking to get into competitive racing on-road, there are many better options out there.
no compitive racing here. I race dirt oval here in pa.just wanted something to mess with in the streets or tennis courts.I think I read where the factory speed control can handle down to a 10 turn motor, also not sure but is the speedo lipo compatible? E10 sprint 2 that is.just not sure if it has decent speed out of the box with stock brushed motor
Old 02-09-2014, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WarWest
Everything you need to know about the Sprint 2:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-sows-ear.html
thanks for the info, its cold out so gives me something to read today..
Old 02-09-2014, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

The S2 Flux is LiPo capable out of the box, just har to change ESC into LiPo mode. Not sure about the brushed version of the S2's ESC.
The E10 and Sprint 2 are totally different cars.
The Sprint 2 Flux is very fast out of the box, with some LiPo's and correct gesrig Ive seen people hit 60+mph with the Flux.
The E10 is not made for that. It's an entry level drift car and nothing more really.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

The sprint 2 flux is an entry level car too. Its like a muscle car. Lots of power, little refinement.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

The S2 Flux is LiPo capable out of the box, just har to change ESC into LiPo mode. Not sure about the brushed version of the S2's ESC.
The E10 and Sprint 2 are totally different cars.
The Sprint 2 Flux is very fast out of the box, with some LiPo's and correct gesrig Ive seen people hit 60+mph with the Flux.
The E10 is not made for that. It's an entry level drift car and nothing more really.
Wareagle84, my bad. whats the difference between the e10 and sprint 2? not sure what to get! i can afford the brushless flux but just messing around in the streets, but at the same time i dont want a drifter at a crawling speed unless its quicker than i think. plus trying to save money thats why im up in the air about the flux2.. your info is appricated thanks..
Old 02-09-2014, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ThePanda
The sprint 2 flux is an entry level car too. Its like a muscle car. Lots of power, little refinement.
yeah, thats whats catching my eye..not really caring about adjustment-camber,toe ect.. like i said just messing around at the bball courts, streets ect..thats why im still undecided
Old 02-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

virtually everything is different between the E10 and Sprint 2. it's kind of like apples to oranges.
The E10 is shaft driven, built specifically for drifting and nothing more than that. it has very little hop ups (aftermarket) parts and those that are, are geared specifically towards making it a better drifter. You could swap out the tires to rubber and motor/esc and make it faster, but it's still nothing compared to a Sprint 2.
While the Sprint 2 is also considered an entry level car, it is designed to race and more capable of handling what you're looking for, I think. While its not exactly ideal for racing leagues (which you dont care about anyways), it's great for bashing. Quite durable an if you break something, it's a cheap fix. It can drift quite well with the right parts and tuning, but its great for bashing around on streets/parking lots right out of the box. It is belt driven, and has more hop ups available for it.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

virtually everything is different between the E10 and Sprint 2. it's kind of like apples to oranges.
The E10 is shaft driven, built specifically for drifting and nothing more than that. it has very little hop ups (aftermarket) parts and those that are, are geared specifically towards making it a better drifter. You could swap out the tires to rubber and motor/esc and make it faster, but it's still nothing compared to a Sprint 2.
While the Sprint 2 is also considered an entry level car, it is designed to race and more capable of handling what you're looking for, I think. While its not exactly ideal for racing leagues (which you dont care about anyways), it's great for bashing. Quite durable an if you break something, it's a cheap fix. It can drift quite well with the right parts and tuning, but its great for bashing around on streets/parking lots right out of the box. It is belt driven, and has more hop ups available for it.
Thanks abunch, i might be leaning towards this.. is it true that it can handle down to a 10 turn? if so do you having any suggestions..really wanted the brushless flux 2. but really cant see spending the extra $$ for playing the streets ect..
Old 02-09-2014, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

for playing in the streets, pick up a tb03. the belts on the sprint are known for getting chewed up. shaft will solve this.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:12 PM
Tech Champion

or actually, pick up a xv-01. will give you better ground clearance, and better drift handling.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

I believe the Sprint 2 Sport's esc is capable of handling a 10t brushed. I think I remember that being the limit, but Im not 100% as I own a Flux myself. Never really paid much attention to the brushes version's electronics conversations.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

The Sprint 2 Sport is LiPo ready and can handle lower turn motors but the servo sucks. I would get a better servo and switch to LiPo's out of the box. Get some Associated ballcups and replace the stock ones as they add slop and pop off/break more easily.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.