Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to the sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up New to the sport

I am new to the RC world. At 65 I wanted to start playing with RC cars & Trucks.

I bought a Rustler 2wd with a brushless motor. I want to make a street car out of it. I am a Hot Rodder who likes old customs. I am lowering the a arms & working the shocks to get it to sit the way I want. I have a Gravedigger monster jam I screw around with. I bought another Gravedigger body & am channeling it over the chassis. My question is I always like Big & littles on a hot rod. Does anyone know what tires & rims I can use & also do they make a white wall tire. I go to the three or 4 local hobby shops & they have zilch. Hoping someone can educate me.
Thanks,
Todd
Old 12-30-2013, 08:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by todjo48
I am new to the RC world. At 65 I wanted to start playing with RC cars & Trucks.

I bought a Rustler 2wd with a brushless motor. I want to make a street car out of it. I am a Hot Rodder who likes old customs. I am lowering the a arms & working the shocks to get it to sit the way I want. I have a Gravedigger monster jam I screw around with. I bought another Gravedigger body & am channeling it over the chassis. My question is I always like Big & littles on a hot rod. Does anyone know what tires & rims I can use & also do they make a white wall tire. I go to the three or 4 local hobby shops & they have zilch. Hoping someone can educate me.
Thanks,
Todd
which rc are the tyres for? the rustler or the GD?
Old 12-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

were you looking to do something like this?

Old 12-30-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Rookie

It's for the Rustler.

I am using the Gravedigger body until I get something else. I want to use an old dirt modified body from McAllister.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Rookie

That is exactly what I want to do. I have this picture printed out to remind me.

When you look at that picture it looks like big & little. When you go to Google & Prolines site you'll see a side view & they show the same size..

Also, I think the Whitewalls were painted on!

Thanks.
Todd
Old 01-02-2014, 04:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by todjo48
That is exactly what I want to do. I have this picture printed out to remind me.

When you look at that picture it looks like big & little. When you go to Google & Prolines site you'll see a side view & they show the same size..

Also, I think the Whitewalls were painted on!

Thanks.
Todd
yes, the whitewalls probably are painted on.