Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 02-24-2016, 09:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itsdavedubail
Thanks! i was getting a little nervous with some of the reviews on Amain. One said the diff case was changed and the bearings for the B5 will not fit the new B5M one.
It would be a few bucks more on top of the conversion but you should definitely consider the 3 gear transmission setup. The performance of the 3 gear is excellent, I've never driven a 2wd buggy that feels as good as my B5M does.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Has anyone ever tried installing rubber grommets in their wing? I went to the hardware store this morning looking for wing mounting ideas and this is what I came up with. I'm using the original wing mount but filed the posts down past the pin-holes and drilled the posts to accept a 3mm screw. Seems very solid, yet forgiving.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
It would be a few bucks more on top of the conversion but you should definitely consider the 3 gear transmission setup. The performance of the 3 gear is excellent, I've never driven a 2wd buggy that feels as good as my B5M does.
your right for the price you cannot go wrong! Then ill have a choice.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:43 AM
Tech Rookie

is there a difference in handling between 25 degrees bulkhead+5 caster block insert and 30 degrees bulkhead and 0 caster block?
Overall angle is the same.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silverstonev8
Maybe a Reedy 1206? Little faster more torque and 21.5g heavier...
Seems like a nice servo! Not sure if I should do that or the mip pucks though. Which would give more benefit overall. Leaning toward pucks but want to ask the experts here
Old 02-24-2016, 11:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
If you already have the conversion kit just download the B5M manual from the Team Associated website and it should have all the info you need. Car goes together very well so you shouldn't have any issues.
but one of the newer manuals (eg B5M lite) as some info in the original manual is outdated
Old 02-24-2016, 02:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I'm running the AC RC Gear 3 gear LCG with the fan waterfall and I'm wondering if anyone knows which bodies fit? I know the JConcepts Finisher fits, because that is what I am running, but I need a new body. I'm wondering if the Proline Predator or the JConcepts S2 Worlds will fit with enough clearance for a 10mm thick fan on the LCG waterfall.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Do you guys run aluminum pinion gears or steel?
Old 02-24-2016, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jakesterama
I'm running the AC RC Gear 3 gear LCG with the fan waterfall and I'm wondering if anyone knows which bodies fit? I know the JConcepts Finisher fits, because that is what I am running, but I need a new body. I'm wondering if the Proline Predator or the JConcepts S2 Worlds will fit with enough clearance for a 10mm thick fan on the LCG waterfall.
I use the S2 but it's tight so I cannot see it fitting if you have the fan.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Silverstonev8
Do you guys run aluminum pinion gears or steel?
I run aluminum, also just ordered some of the Parma slot car spur gears to try out as a pinion.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Volition
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd overshare on the Internet as is the trend these days.

This is my current incarnation of my Buggy I race down here in OZ in the stock 17.5t class. Such a great car to drive, I've only been doing this for 4 months and I love the hobby and this buggy, who I've named Betty. I got her 2nd hand with a few goodies on her.

I've the Schuurspeed 17.5t motor, turning a Exotek eliminator with the flite spur gear.i updated to a 3-gear transmission with some avid aura bearings in the case. As you can see I'm using the Prime waterfall brace so that I can run the WTF windy fan which I modded by filing an edge and notching for the battery brace.. This is a great setup it means I can practice with her for extended runs without worrying about motor temperatures. She wears FT rear alloy hubs and jconcepts ti front axles, connected to the FT alloy steering bellcranks then to a Sävox 1257. I've trimmed all her cables to keep it neat, weighs in at race weight 1530g with a brass c block. Too twitchy at minimum.

RC racing is such a buzz, though too addictive for me as I've become a RC gear head. I love the goodies, and justify every purchase with either weight savings (not super important I've learnt) or most importantly reliability. For me now though "Betty is as upgraded as she will get. I just keep her clean & tidy and maintain her when needed. I've had 2 glitches in 4months of weekly racing, ripped out a rear camber ballstud, when hit on a fast sweeper. Lost a front ballstud nut somehow, nylock must have worn I'm guessing. Tough car.

I use Ray Munday's setups, they are spot on(he races at my track so they are well suited, hah! Thanks Ray) http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...day-201503.pdf

It's all about driving, driving, driving now. Learnt a lot about the b5m reading this thread, so to all that have contributed a big thanks loving my RC time. I'm getting quicker too. With limited drive time I only get to the track on race days I'm concentrating hard on improving and am getting closer to the leaders every week.

RC racing has been a saving grace for me after a tough year, I don't know where I'd be without it. Is has truly been a great pastime I've turned to when things are tough. Researching, reading, wrenching, driving & the guys at all the tracks are wonderful people. Over share complete.
Buggy looks good!! I agree, this has also been a great past time and it's helped me get through tough times dealing with a couple of back surgeries and learning how to walk again. With my down time I've spent a lot of it working on my buggy and other cars as well as reading a lot of what people have to say, jotting down notes and trying things out myself.

Some of the best people are the lhs employees and others at the track, everyone is always willing to help. It's an awesome community!
Old 02-24-2016, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default B5M CE

Just saw that Amain has a limited number of B5M Champion Edition available if anyone was still looking for one.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

if you have the X Finity CF chassis with laydown conversion please pm me.

Wondering if you trimmed the side guards to make the motor fit.

would like pics too. thanks
Old 02-24-2016, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
if you have the X Finity CF chassis with laydown conversion please pm me.

Wondering if you trimmed the side guards to make the motor fit.

would like pics too. thanks
Just trim off the part that turns 90* at the end.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

For those of you running the new Fantom motors what you guys think so far?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.