Wiki Posts
Search

Team Thunder RC

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by komkit
No, I have not run any MOD with these new packs yet. If that is what you mean. I only run down to 8x1 before, below that I just can’t handle the horses.

When I run 8x1 my final is right around 8.9 with IB3800 I don’t have to worry about the runtimes. Just have to worry about keeping all 4 wheels on the ground.

yaya i havent try the Ib cell with my new 6, 7 and 8 turn motor yet. i just finish solder the cells few day ago. i was worried the run time because the track that i going to run in this dec race was a large and high speed track. so run time is important for me some more i used so low turn motor.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by komkit
Guo,

I just noticed your location. I used to go to Indiana, PA just about every weekend. We went fishing over there many times.

I went to school in Pittsburgh but that was many moons ago.

Wonder if you are coming down to Frederick, MD for August indoor asphalt race?

http://www.htufrederickmd.com/RCraces.htm
Komkit,
i cannot come to join the race you know why that time i only arrived my home country Malaysia 5 days already. never mind what i have is chances i will be back to USA this ended of Dec hopefully i can join the winter race and meet you guy over MD. the track was reallly reallly nice.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
Reggie,

How's it going man. You going to Vegas in September?

Thanks on the website.

Well we are racing indoor dirt offroad in nashville on Saturdays and then outdoor parking lot racing too at hobbytown on Sundays.

During the winter we have a nice indoor carpet track now. Probably won't start up until October though...

There is no racing in Knoxville anymore...

We've been racing an Alabama series for electric and nitro touring mainly and local racing in nashville at hobbytown usa.

Great to hear from you tell your wife we said hello as well.

I'll tell Jody you said hi.

Later

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC
may go as a spectator this yr check things out my wife never been to los wages trucker term for las vegas, but hey brotha keep the faith and u will sucessed in ur business just coming bck from eastern nc running mod with brandon melton and group hey good chatting with u may go to clevland again time to go put up the rc stuff for nxt week
Old 07-17-2005, 01:23 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Michael,

Good job on the new website.

Have to agree with the earlier comments on the text colours, it makes it pretty hard to read. White on the Dk Red would be easier, then the yellow in there wouldnt stand out as much, the white hyperlinks im not sure what colour you'd want those.
The Menu's fine, asside from the yellow '2 Time National Champions' bit which on light grey is a bit invisable.

Its only a case of finding the right combination of colours that work together without clashing, and without bringing in too many new colours (already have white, black, dk red & yellow).

On a seperate note, i should be emailing you in the week confirming an order for one of the 12v Zappers, I've got the money clearing my account at the moment, hopefully wednesday it'll be in and we'll be all systems go.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey Mike, good to see things are up and running for you. I still have the Atlas and it has been fast, just kinda sits there now, been running mostly stock or mod, no 19T. Good luck with everything and thanks for the help on stuff in the past. If not before, I guess I'll see ya at the onroad nats in FL?
Old 07-17-2005, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
may go as a spectator this yr check things out my wife never been to los wages trucker term for las vegas, but hey brotha keep the faith and u will sucessed in ur business just coming bck from eastern nc running mod with brandon melton and group hey good chatting with u may go to clevland again time to go put up the rc stuff for nxt week
Reggie,

That's cool hope we see you in Vegas.

We will be in Cleveland again this year can't wait.

Later

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC
Old 07-17-2005, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PaulC2K
Have to agree with the earlier comments on the text colours, it makes it pretty hard to read. White on the Dk Red would be easier, then the yellow in there wouldnt stand out as much, the white hyperlinks im not sure what colour you'd want those.
The Menu's fine, asside from the yellow '2 Time National Champions' bit which on light grey is a bit invisable.
Thanks for the input... I'll look into it next week.

As for the 12v zapper, they are ready to ship.

Actually... for the first 5 Overseas customers that order the 12Volt unit I will knock off $50.00 (US of course) So... the first 5 people that order a 12 Volt Zapper for overseas will only pay $750.00 +shipping ($50 off)!!! (Email me for a shipping quote. I will need your full address to quote shipping options.)
This is a limited time offer and only for the first 5 12 volt units. We want to get several overseas to spread the word.

Thanks,

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC
Old 07-17-2005, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Hey Mike, good to see things are up and running for you. I still have the Atlas and it has been fast, just kinda sits there now, been running mostly stock or mod, no 19T. Good luck with everything and thanks for the help on stuff in the past. If not before, I guess I'll see ya at the onroad nats in FL?
Hey Brandon,

Good to hear from you.

Thanks if there is anything I can do to help let me know.

Not sure about the onroad nats. Definately Vegas and cleveland.

later

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC
Old 07-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Hi Michael,
i already try to charge your IB cell with the step charge profile that you provided. it really supprise me that 1st time charging will not false peak some more will be charge capacity until 4590+ and 9.16volt peak cut i believe because this is my first charge so maybe it would be more impressive when i cycle few time as it still havent wake yet.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

The packs are pretty good the first run, but run it two or three times and the Punch will really come up. You should notice it on the track as well

I'm seeing 4400 to almost 4800+ Mah on my IB 3800's even when deadshorted packs

Later

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC
Old 07-18-2005, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

The packs are pretty good the first run, but run it two or three times and the Punch will really come up. You should notice it on the track as well

I'm seeing 4400 to almost 4800+ Mah on my IB 3800's even when deadshorted packs

Later

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC
ya i heard that the IB cell will be keep on better once it wake you will be getting more run time and punch. you using dead short for runing mod how many turn? thanks
Old 07-18-2005, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Guo,

I only dead short to run mod in offroad... They are the same batteries I use for 19 touring...

I wouldn't dead short for running mod in 12th or touring

Later

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC
Old 07-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

We are running 9 and 10 turns in truck and 12's in buggies
Old 07-20-2005, 03:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We are running 9 and 10 turns in truck and 12's in buggies
What MOD motor were you using? All my MOD motors are Orion or Peak V2 store bought.

I’m looking for some custom hand massage MOD motor for my 1/12 scale.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

I'll be honest I like v2's from the standpoint of they are easy on the comm and you can get several runs out of them, but they are a pain to work on and solder in your car...

I also still run Ti motors...

DC Motorsports winds some really good stuff and he's real quick about getting the product to you. Curtis' work is top notch.

Team Br00d also does good work and their arms are top notch also. They take the time to go the extra mile weld the tabs instead of just solder and polish the stacks. However you will have to wait a little longer with them.

Those are the only two companies I'd consider buying from and both you can specify what exact winds you want or you can have them give you some suggestions.

Later

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.