Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
If you could ask Rick Wilson a question what would it be? >

If you could ask Rick Wilson a question what would it be?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If you could ask Rick Wilson a question what would it be?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rayhuang
What is ROAR going to do to bring America another IFMAR Worlds title in onroad?
as soon as we all run rubber tires only out side in ANY weather ...the brits got our number in touring for sure....any weather racing ......
Old 07-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lickrim
as soon as we all run rubber tires only out side in ANY weather ...the brits got our number in touring for sure....any weather racing ......

i like the thought of rain racing......... devise a box to house the electronics.

Jeff
Old 07-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
i like the thought of rain racing......... devise a box to house the electronics.

Jeff
dude they use shoe goo it peals right off ....groove your kicks.. turn up your drive frequency...its way more harder than looking for traction...
Old 07-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default how

all these questions are very good and i would love to hear the answers...they are all serious questions so I thought I would drop a less serious one:

Rick....How do you sleep at night?????
Old 07-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Ok....... one question for Rick Wilson.............

How do you plan to improve the image and future of ROAR to make it the best run Orginzation in the US and/or World?

Was that covered? haha.

Jeff
Old 07-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ......

....after running ROAR the way it has been run.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

bring back mike reedy thats when roar was sound and met something...
Old 07-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Mike

Rick...can you please resign so that MIKE BOYLAN can be ROAR president!!
Old 07-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

why doesn't roar apply a retail price limit to Nitro engines just like electric motors?
Old 07-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Legend

Rick , What did us old guys do to deserve being cut out of the Stock Nationals ?

Can`t believe Roar would consider`s us Master`s a optional class for this event !

SHAME on YOU~S !

Wild (Geo)
Old 07-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Why is there no progession for racing ? Why is there no reason for people to move up ? We have the same fully sponsored racers contesting the stock championships year after year. ROAR cannot help these people with integrity, but they should "Help" them move up.

Why does ROAR keep lame duck directors and committee members ?

What is Ricks plan ( if he has one ) to bring the luster back to ROAR. ?
Old 07-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Plea and Question

First my plea

Get R/C in the limelight. TV, Video, Radio, just more exposure. RC is addicting and something they should have a gum, patch, and drug to help me beat the addiction. If more people see the sport and inexpensive RTR kits are available on site, I think it will grow

Second is the question

What is the purpose of ROAR

Why not just make the rule book and make all tracks use the rules within as a "guideline" That is all most tracks do around here any way.

Look at all the races that grow without ROAR. ie Snowbirds, CRCRC Midwinters, and Cleveland but still use the "guidelines" of ROAR.

Have a group of officials that decide what is allowed in its prospective classes and that is it. Make ROAR a body of the people and not an organization that I must be a member of to race for a "national title". Still have nationals but they are not ROAR's. They are the industry standard and run just like my club.

This "well it is not a ROAR race just a club race so I will run my IB3800" is expensive. Not only do I need to have good batteries for the nationals but different cells just to keep up at the local track.

These are just my thoughts and opinions. We still have fun and race every week at the track so stop complaining. We don't always get what we want in a President, Pope, Wife, Kids, Job, and so on. Why should racing cars be any different.

"It is just a hobby, Have fun racin"-Bill Stevenson.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Why is there no progession for racing ? Why is there no reason for people to move up ? We have the same fully sponsored racers contesting the stock championships year after year. ROAR cannot help these people with integrity, but they should "Help" them move up.

Why does ROAR keep lame duck directors and committee members ?

What is Ricks plan ( if he has one ) to bring the luster back to ROAR. ?

off road stock nationals are after the mod nats right? so the top 20 in each of the classes ie...2wd,truck, 4wd...the 20 guys from each class cant run the STOCK nats later in the year....you can run one or the other is the rule now ....thats in the rule book....
Old 07-11-2005, 09:16 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally Posted by lickrim
I'll second that one... how cool would it be to have to adapt to the weather conditions as they arise? Instead of people bitching about an imperfect track, they'd just have to deal with it...
Old 07-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

"off road stock nationals are after the mod nats right? so the top 20 in each of the classes ie...2wd,truck, 4wd...the 20 guys from each class cant run the STOCK nats later in the year....you can run one or the other is the rule now ....thats in the rule book...."

this is in reference to on road...but it really doesn't matter since the companies are sponsoring people fully just to run stock. The whole problem is that they never do go to mod.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.