Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Signal Hill track to be opened?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Default Signal Hill track to be opened?

Hmm, those of you in the SoCal area. anyone else hear about the track thats opening up in Signal Hill?

Word being spread around that the track in the Long Beach/Signal Hill area is supposed to have seperate tracks for Nitro On Road, Electric On-Road or Carpet? not sure about that one, and Nitro/Electric Off-Road. and i hear theres supposed to be a FIELD for helicopters and things of the such.

if this track turns out the way im hearing, it should be a pretty nice track. but although having that many different things going on at once at a track, might be some frequency conflicts 24 hours of the day.

well have to wait and see. keep you all posted.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

did this ever become a reality?
Old 09-28-2005, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Talk to teh owner...personally i think he really needs to research more what he is planning. On top of frequency conflicts, there are no plans or at least in the drawings for pit space as well as a spectator area. I have spoken with the owner and he prettymuch is not sure what is going on. He is waiting to get all teh city approvals by November, but it is still up in teh air. The "RC Car guy" who is in charge of the rc car area didnt rteally seem too sure what was going on. what i saw from the artist's rendering:

Onroad,offroad,dragrace, and pond for boats. ALthough the owner said he might not have the pond there. this will ALL be in a half acre land. He even was thinking of making teh Onrad track banked(i dont like that idea).

The carpet track/heli pad will be shared space in teh back of the hobbyshop whick is about a 200 sq foot room. Btw..the carpet track is for teh Lost mini t's. They have a special after school program for rc mini t's with the Longbeach school district to teach students about rc and racing. I think this is their main focus. As far as the big track...i think they really need a little more plannning before they start it up. I would hate to see them goin into it with out a system and have it a big disaster. This was a few months back..things might have changed since i 1st visited there so it can be completely differnt now. We will see i guess.