Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HELP!!! Nitro truck with some SERIOUS issues. >

HELP!!! Nitro truck with some SERIOUS issues.

Old 07-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok, so I have an Acme Racing Conquistador 4WD .15 truck, it's kind of an off brand, and it's modeled after an HPI tuck, so most of the HPI truck parts work with it. Anyway, I'm having a huge problem with it and I think the problem is somewhere in the drivetrain. This is my first nitro so I don't have much experience. I was driving the truck and having tons of fun(of course) and I stopped it to take a head temperature reading, it was allright so I hit the throttle and tried to take off again. It was revving normally but something on the truck was making a strange sound(kind of a rapid clicking and grinding sound) and it was moving very slowly. So now I don't know what to do. The engine was running at top RPMs, but it couldn't have been moving over 5 mph, and it normally does 45 mph. I checked the whimpy plastic spur gear, and it seemed just fine, in fact, it still looks perfect. I need any possible troubleshooting sugestions here, anything that it could possibly be I want to know, I just want to get it working again. Any help would be much appreciated, you can eply to this or prefferable e-mail me at [email protected] with any suggestions. Thanks.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:51 AM
Tech Master

First thing to do is open up the diffs.

Sean
Old 07-10-2005, 10:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Thanks, I'll look into that.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Fire it up and lift the truck up , gun the engine a little and see if it is moving all the wheels it is supposed to. Another is have the engine off, take off the cover and rotate the left wheel and see if it is moving the shaft or even connecting. Do the same with the other wheel. If it is not connecting on one side, it could be you're dogbone is missing a pin to move the wheel, the inside nut to turn the wheel is screwed or striped, the wheel rim is striped or the differential is screwed. -|---------|-