Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
using 28mm front tires for serpent what is the conversion? >

using 28mm front tires for serpent what is the conversion?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

using 28mm front tires for serpent what is the conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Post using 28mm front tires for serpent what is the conversion?

hi' is anybody there using a 28mm front tires for serpent impulse,is there any difference?pls.tell us the conversion is hard to get those 26mm tires here on our area.i heard that i need to change the hex hub like wider than the stock impulse,is this not going to rub on my steering block?and how about my front axle do i need change that too?how i'm going to put my wheel nuts if i'm going to used a wider hex hub?
Old 09-02-2002, 08:48 PM
Tech Initiate

OHHHH I had that same problem with the wheels and touching the steering block. I found out that the only wheel that fit the serpent is the Touring wheels, not the wheels with extensions on the spoke which grinds on the steering block. Well what i did to fit 26mm regular wheels was get a dremel tool or a hobby knife and cut the spokes to make a curve, so it doesn't come in contact with the steering block. After that it fit perfectly and rotate without touching the block.
Old 09-02-2002, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: using 28mm front tires for serpent what is the conversion?

Originally posted by serpentpro28
hi' is anybody there using a 28mm front tires for serpent impulse,is there any difference?pls.tell us the conversion is hard to get those 26mm tires here on our area.i heard that i need to change the hex hub like wider than the stock impulse,is this not going to rub on my steering block?and how about my front axle do i need change that too?how i'm going to put my wheel nuts if i'm going to used a wider hex hub?
Are you sure you want to use 28mm front tires?? Most of the touring car already have more then enough front traction and we are all trying to get more rear traction! and if you use 28mm front tires then you will have more front traction and you might need to use whole new set up for your car!
Old 09-03-2002, 02:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool hex hub

i used the hex hub from kawahara (mugen) and grind the little spacer on the back so its flat out. its a little wider than the serpent one. and used trc tires. their u go!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2002, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: hex hub

[QUOTE]Originally posted by goldhead
[B]i used the hex hub from kawahara (mugen) and grind the little spacer on the back so its flat out. its a little wider than the serpent one. and used trc tires. their u go!!!!!what 's up goldhead that kawahara hub is that the one on mtx-2 if not where can i get it?Thanks