Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adjusting clutch on 1/8th scale

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think the more serious issue is that when a driver leans the LSN further even if the idle is adjusted lower, a lean LSN generally shortens the lifespan of an engine. And looking at a vantage point where top sponsored drivers are just handed engines without them paying for it,it is easy for sponsored drivers to lean it out and change the engine after 2 trophied races. I don't think these sponsored drivers even try running a race with a very used engine,why should they?they are given new ones all the time unlike those of us who pay 400dollars for an engine. I conclude that one should lean his engine to a point that he can live with,financially. That's the optimum level of engine tune,based on how much you are willing to risk.I'm talking to unsponsored drivers fyi.

Last edited by GPXJOE; 11-27-2013 at 07:25 AM. Reason: SNSM
Old 11-27-2013, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Opinions. Rich cooler temps Lean hotter temps. Its all the same, but location, Barometric or altitude, and drivers style. everyone is differant. Centax clutch it does take RPM to engage. My experience since they came out. 5k+ to engage. I rather have it engage early, 1/4 or less on throttle. Centax works by centrifugal force, more rpm the more pressure. Half throttle much slippage, heat develops, and glazing of clutch material, more maintenance of the clutch.

Life time of engine is a gamble. Had engine last 2 season, running every other week. Racing or practice. Sponered or non-sponsered, professional or privateer. my experiance running IMFRA, ROAR, Thailand, Malaysia, Connecticutt, Florida, California, Colorado. Seen it all, and a privateer. Fun with this hobby
Old 11-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Fun that's for sure. I think that the reason why people rarely rent out rc cars for the day because mishandling and mistuning of Engines is very tricky. The rule of tuning is very personal in nature and not the same for everyone. For those aspiring to make it to ifmar,no guts(and money),no glory hehe