Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Serpent 960.... >

Serpent 960....

Serpent 960....

Old 02-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

No matter what, I think this is (by far) the best chance for Team Serpent to show ppl that their 1/8th and MEGA are capable to be the A1 position (under shadow of Mugen and Kyosho for way too long).....what very interested me is BARRY BAKER...........talk about someone is totally new to the 960 (ok...all he need is 2-3 months because he is BAKER)........and he did so good on the 1/8th so far. (I know 1/8th is not new for him).

Serpent gonna sign him for 1/8th next season............I take it AE are not planning to make a competition 1/8th in the near future.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
No matter what, I think this is (by far) the best chance for Team Serpent to show ppl that their 1/8th and MEGA are capable to be the A1 position (under shadow of Mugen and Kyosho for way too long).....what very interested me is BARRY BAKER...........talk about someone is totally new to the 960 (ok...all he need is 2-3 months because he is BAKER)........and he did so good on the 1/8th so far. (I know 1/8th is not new for him).

Serpent gonna sign him for 1/8th next season............I take it AE are not planning to make a competition 1/8th in the near future.
your right we do need a big win to set off that the 960 a winning race car . in all hands
Old 02-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Barry is doing a great job of driving. He only sees his car when he goes to race so there is no practice for him between events. I'm sure you will see Barry at some of the larger events driving the 960.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

I'm not sure Serpent was really under the shadow of Kyosho or Mugen. Certainly both have been doing much better than in the past but as the number of racers has expanded so has the chance for all makers to win at the big meets. Expand your number of competitors and luck gets spread around quite a bit. Plus, Serpent held the top spot for quite a while. The competition wasn't going to just give up. They just kept trying harder. Good competition is good for all of us. Better cars and better prices.

Don't forget that at least 4 (or is it 5) of Collari's 7 World Championship wins were on a Serpent car. If you were Mugen or Kyosho back then you'd think 'Jeez, can we ever win this thing?' Plus, you've got to look at success in terms of all races. In how many mains does a 960 come across the finish line first? I may drive the same car as Paolo Morgani but I don't drive like him. Do I need skills like him to be successful in races against others at my skill level or can I compete with a 960 at my skill level? With the 960 I'd say I can compete.

Plus, remember Cincinnati 2003? Ralph Burch (driving for Serpent) held first for almost 30 minutes. But something happened to car and he dropped out. Sh*t happens.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think this is the best car serpent has ever produced since Vector and there is a good chance the snake will nail this. Just want to say this, the best selling car may not be the best championship car at the same time. For manufacturer concern it will be sales, but for us is satisfaction. If this car makes my driving one step further I will not hesistate to buy it. I think the big snake has taken a new direction on this car and this is good. I had doubts initially and now I am convinced this car is very capable of winning, amoung the very best. I know becuase I run with these guys in the Seprent Asia race with a 960, a very good car indeed.

Originally Posted by going4#1
I'm not sure Serpent was really under the shadow of Kyosho or Mugen. Certainly both have been doing much better than in the past but as the number of racers has expanded so has the chance for all makers to win at the big meets. Expand your number of competitors and luck gets spread around quite a bit. Plus, Serpent held the top spot for quite a while. The competition wasn't going to just give up. They just kept trying harder. Good competition is good for all of us. Better cars and better prices.

Don't forget that at least 4 (or is it 5) of Collari's 7 World Championship wins were on a Serpent car. If you were Mugen or Kyosho back then you'd think 'Jeez, can we ever win this thing?' Plus, you've got to look at success in terms of all races. In how many mains does a 960 come across the finish line first? I may drive the same car as Paolo Morgani but I don't drive like him. Do I need skills like him to be successful in races against others at my skill level or can I compete with a 960 at my skill level? With the 960 I'd say I can compete.

Plus, remember Cincinnati 2003? Ralph Burch (driving for Serpent) held first for almost 30 minutes. But something happened to car and he dropped out. Sh*t happens.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default re

I don't think Collari won 4 or 5 WC with Serpent. He won at least 2 with BMT but I don't think that many with Serpent. I might be wrong.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by SRAD
I don't think Collari won 4 or 5 WC with Serpent. He won at least 2 with BMT but I don't think that many with Serpent. I might be wrong.
1989 > Blitz
1991 > Serpent Sprint
1993 > BMT 933
1995 > Serpent Excel
1997 > Serpent
2003 > Kyosho
2005 > Kyosho
Old 02-18-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by going4#1

Of course, I cannot say it better......but as a die hard Serpent fans, I am SELFISH.....I want Serpent WIN all the national, international and all WORLD races...... Again, I am so selfish that I just want SERPENT to win them all, but lately, they are just a little short on almost any of the big race.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pyramid
1989 > Blitz
1991 > Serpent Sprint
1993 > BMT 933
1995 > Serpent Excel
1997 > Serpent
2003 > Kyosho
2005 > Kyosho
Nice research......btw, what is BLITZ...? And who won 1999 and 2001?
Old 02-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default re

I believe Mugen won in 1999 and 2001.......Osaka and Bertin....anybody!
Old 02-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

99 bertin with Mrx 2
Old 02-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

2001 Osaka with MRX-3
Old 02-18-2006, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Ah......what is going on with the Team Serpent...? Ended up 7,8,9 and 10... And what happened to MS on the B-Main..?
Old 02-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

They got thier asses kicked by MRX-4R's and Evolva 2005's
Old 02-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Default ms

michael salvin broke early in the b main

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.