Serpent 960....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 960....

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

well the web site has not been updated that's why!!! the new rims look like the jaco's . if you look at the pic close there hole's around the axle and the other cars don't have that. but i dont know what to tell you about mark's rims

Last edited by captian; 04-25-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

http://www.serpent.com/news/11748/Michael's-German-National-Dormagen.html here the new rim
Old 04-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Would anyone happen to have a set of the eccentric plastic inserts used on the SUS1000 950R rear roll center kit they'd be willing to part with? Just picked up a car that had this setup on it for parts, but it came with the holes-centered inserts.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default noob question

Hi.
How do you guys set up your transmitter?
I took my 960 to local track this weekend and the car was all over the track.
It was so sensitive. Tried to play with exp and steering speed but couldnt set it right.
I would appreciate all suggestions and advices.
sn4il
Old 04-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thanks for the support guys!
If i hadnt stripped my front belt i would have been able to hold on to third easy!

Thanks to Paolo , team Kamikaze and Mike S. for all the support!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sn4il
Hi.
How do you guys set up your transmitter?
I took my 960 to local track this weekend and the car was all over the track.
It was so sensitive. Tried to play with exp and steering speed but couldnt set it right.
I would appreciate all suggestions and advices.
sn4il
Turn your expo to zero/linear, at most use -15%. Never turn speed down on steering. Use dual-rate to adjust steering. First use steering ballance to equalize left/right, then set dual rate to get maximum throw (steering wheel hit stop same time as steering knuckles). At track, turn dual rate down to suit needs of track. That is, leave just enough steering in, to negotiate the tightest sections of the track.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Turn your expo to zero/linear, at most use -15%. Never turn speed down on steering. Use dual-rate to adjust steering. First use steering ballance to equalize left/right, then set dual rate to get maximum throw (steering wheel hit stop same time as steering knuckles). At track, turn dual rate down to suit needs of track. That is, leave just enough steering in, to negotiate the tightest sections of the track.
I had a lot of steering. I brought my exp to -60 and still my car was unstable and nervous.
I have 3pk hs radio and cant figure out where I could set that dual rate.
thxn
sn4il
Old 05-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

I strongly recommend you reset your exp to '0' (linear), untill you have your dual rate set right. You can access it from your menu or have direct access from one of your thumb switches on the grip.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
You guys were mentioniong about the dome body on a Serpent... YUCK!!! I ran the dome at the test and tune at 301 and the car was loose as can be!! I brought out my old protoform, it felt better. I then bought out my Serpent body I got from Lee at Winners Circle, and it was planted. Needless to say the Dome is hanging on my retired body wall.

Tried the Serpent Body out this week.....decreased straightaway speed......steering in/out the corner good very planted.....slight wiggle on the straightaway.....Anybody have any suggestions on gurney wing height?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by serpent
Tried the Serpent Body out this week.....decreased straightaway speed......steering in/out the corner good very planted.....slight wiggle on the straightaway.....Anybody have any suggestions on gurney wing height?

I would suggest at the most 10mm above the top of the body. Running it higher than that has also hurt my straightline speed. Just remeber you are steering much more (in and out of turns) than the time you spend on the straightaway.

The Central/Serpent body works very well with both low and high grip tracks. I have had to turn down my dual rate because it creates that much more grip, steering and downforce. Hope this helps.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

When raising the lower pin position in the rear, and therefore roll center, I notice that the car *seems* like it has more camber gain, which I thought would help grip in the corners. Haven't tried it out yet, but does one change negate the other? I'm looking for increased grip out of the corners.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMcpot
When raising the lower pin position in the rear, and therefore roll center, I notice that the car *seems* like it has more camber gain, which I thought would help grip in the corners. Haven't tried it out yet, but does one change negate the other? I'm looking for increased grip out of the corners.

The quickest fix for more grip out of the turns is adding more rear toe in. Some simple fine tuning things you can try are:

softening the rear sway bar
raising the rear body mount position
softer rear springs
or lowering the rear roll center.

Your camber gain will change by adjusting the rear upper arms in or out, not by changing the rear roll center with the lower hinge pins.

Hope this helps
Old 05-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

you have more roll when raising the lower pin which wil change the camber more as the car rolls .
when you change your roll center check you droop in will change .
lay your shocks down one spot
Old 05-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the replies.

I was trying to get around having to add more toe to the rear, but I will as a last resort. From what I've dug up through searching, it seems like some talk about traction in terms of camber gain instead of roll center and vice versa, and that increasing camber gain would have the opposite effects on traction if talking about that same adjustment in terms of roll center, i.e. raising the lower arm pin position raises the roll center (lowering traction) but it also causes camber to increase throughout suspension travel (raising traction). I'm just wondering if this is something that's dependent on other variables, or if there's any tradeoff in traction involved in changing one adjustment over the other.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the replies.

I was trying to get around having to add more toe to the rear, but I will as a last resort. From what I've dug up through searching, it seems like some talk about traction in terms of camber gain instead of roll center and vice versa, and that increasing camber gain would have the opposite effects on traction if talking about that same adjustment in terms of roll center, i.e. raising the lower arm pin position raises the roll center (lowering traction) but it also causes camber to increase throughout suspension travel (raising traction). I'm just wondering if this is something that's dependent on other variables, or if there's any tradeoff in traction involved in changing one adjustment over the other.
every thing depends on the traction on the track and what tires you are using and how you want the car to react to your driving

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.