Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
We have a bunch of stuff coming over the next few weeks Kevin, so stay tuned.

Amongst the items we have a long swaybar kit for the rear, new servo mount and steering posts, aluminum chassis and other goodies as well.

The hold down system uses an m3x 6 screw. Anything with a 3mm thread should work.
Cant wait for them to come into stock!
Old 04-25-2014, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice!
The aluminiumchassis in touring cars is to have a lower cog? So it will be a little more heavy than the stock cfk chassis? Does it change the flex, too? The operational area will be high grip/bite surfaces then?
Old 04-25-2014, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The chassis weight will be trimmed down as much as possible. To keep it close to the stock weight.

I am not sure it is only a positive in high bite. I sat with the Yokomo guys at the Worlds warmup and 2 of their guys ran one with a lot of success. The tires did not have a lot of grip, so I think there are benefits to it in certain conditions. The main feedback was that it made the car easier to drive.

I think it also aids in making the electronics run cooler as it will dissipate heat better. We also changed the shape of the car to help it roll a bit more naturally without the front digging into the track surface too early, which I feel the 6.2 does too much. We will release a carbon version of it as well. Both chassis will have an option to use a different motor mount as well.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:50 AM
Tech Champion

The chassis weight will be trimmed down as much as possible. To keep it close to the stock weight.

I am not sure it is only a positive in high bite. I sat with the Yokomo guys at the Worlds warmup and 2 of their guys ran one with a lot of success. The tires did not have a lot of grip, so I think there are benefits to it in certain conditions. The main feedback was that it made the car easier to drive.

I think it also aids in making the electronics run cooler as it will dissipate heat better. We also changed the shape of the car to help it roll a bit more naturally without the front digging into the track surface too early, which I feel the 6.2 does too much. We will release a carbon version of it as well. Both chassis will have an option to use a different motor mount as well.
So will you guys be releasing a "new car" like you did for the 6.1?
Old 04-25-2014, 06:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So yesterday, I received my slipper spool I ordered for my car. The instructions said to tighten the slipper down so I did and the nut stripped out before it was anywhere near tight and made the spool unusable for right now. My question is would the the thrust screw and t-nut from a B4 ball diff work in the TC6 slipper spool? Has anyone ever had this issue and tried that? Or do I just get a replacement nut and pray it doesnt strip?
Old 04-25-2014, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by khartlauer
So yesterday, I received my slipper spool I ordered for my car. The instructions said to tighten the slipper down so I did and the nut stripped out before it was anywhere near tight and made the spool unusable for right now. My question is would the the thrust screw and t-nut from a B4 ball diff work in the TC6 slipper spool? Has anyone ever had this issue and tried that? Or do I just get a replacement nut and pray it doesnt strip?
The B4 diff nut is actually what you will need to use to tighten the slipper spool enough so that it works properly.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thecaptain
So will you guys be releasing a "new car" like you did for the 6.1?
I would not really call it another car, as we just make option parts to improve the experience with the TC6 platform. Our goal has always been to drive and refine the chassis kits we work on to make them more reliable, more durable, easier to use and if possible, faster. For some, this will be the case and for others they like to keep everything "factory". That's why we are an option parts company and not a mandatory parts company
Old 04-25-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The B4 diff nut is actually what you will need to use to tighten the slipper spool enough so that it works properly.
Okay thank you! I figured it would but I wanted to make sure before I wasted money. Do you prefer the slipper spool to a locked spool? What is the advantages and disadvantages of running a slipper spool compared to a gear diff?
Old 04-25-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

I would not really call it another car, as we just make option parts to improve the experience with the TC6 platform. Our goal has always been to drive and refine the chassis kits we work on to make them more reliable, more durable, easier to use and if possible, faster. For some, this will be the case and for others they like to keep everything "factory". That's why we are an option parts company and not a mandatory parts company
Ya, I was refering to what you guys did with the 6.1. With the servo mount and dual bell crank and chassis etc... Will rsd be selling it as a kit the top deck chassis steering assembly?
Old 04-25-2014, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by khartlauer
Okay thank you! I figured it would but I wanted to make sure before I wasted money. Do you prefer the slipper spool to a locked spool? What is the advantages and disadvantages of running a slipper spool compared to a gear diff?
A slipper spool and locked spool work the same if you set the slipper spool correctly (tight). The only difference is that the slipper spool can slip when you hit something which will keep blades from breaking. The best option available now is the standard AE locked spool and AE optional steel outdrives. This eliminates the need for blades and improves reliability.

A spool versus gear diff is a tuning option. I usually use a gear diff outdoors and a spool indoors on carpet.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thecaptain
Ya, I was refering to what you guys did with the 6.1. With the servo mount and dual bell crank and chassis etc... Will rsd be selling it as a kit the top deck chassis steering assembly?
Not sure what you are asking.

We will sell the chassis separately from the top deck. The aluminum chassis works best with the stock top deck. So far I can tell you that the chassis makes the car very predictable and super stable. The stock carbon chassis on the other hand, makes the car "feel" quicker but lap times on our medium grip carpet are actually marginally faster with the aluminum chassis. The car seems to switch directions better with the aluminum deck. You can really feel the weight down low.

The servo mount will be sold separately, that should be ready for sale over the weekend. I really like the added precision of it. It did not really make the car faster, but it did allow us to run cleaner with less mistakes over 6 minutes. The car always tracks straight and no longer tweaks after tapping boards.

The motor mount we are still playing around with, but it is a similar motor mount to the Yokomo 2014. It provides slightly more rotation, but at the same time gives more forward bite. This might be packaged together down the road with the chassis kit, but I am still not certain.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You can really feel the weight down low.

The car always tracks straight and no longer tweaks after tapping boards.
These make me VERY anxious.

...That's it, I'm moving to Texas to be part of the testing program. Cristian seems to put out all the good stuff.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
These make me VERY anxious.

...That's it, I'm moving to Texas to be part of the testing program. Cristian seems to put out all the good stuff.
this is very true , I am lucky enough to race with him on his awesome carpet track and get tuning advice .
Old 04-25-2014, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Here's a pair of pictures of my car with the chassis and servo mount. Excuse the Yokomo shocks, I was just doing a back to back comparison today and when I took the pics, they just happened to be on there. I honestly notice no difference in performance or laptimes between the two.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:30 AM
Tech Adept

Here's a pair of pictures of my car with the chassis and servo mount. Excuse the Yokomo shocks, I was just doing a back to back comparison today and when I took the pics, they just happened to be on there. I honestly notice no difference in performance or laptimes between the two.

What steering posts are you using ?? Much shorter and look better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.