Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 05:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbamsey
I Remember a post about removing the screws that hold motor mount to spur gear bulkhead that it helps with flex on bumpy tracks or something has anyone tried this and what are the benefits
If you removed those screws I'm guessing your spur gear would get chewed up pretty quickly. If you want the upper deck to flex more at the rear just take out the 9th upper deck screw that connects the front post of the motor mount to the upper deck.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I am hoping that someone will be kind enough to direct me to the information on the mods made to the 6.2 like TC4 arms, etc that the factory guys were said to be running.
TIA
Old 08-10-2015, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Check pages 139-142 in this thread. There you will find all details to the conversion. Randy helped a lot to make sure I won't miss anything. Later on the pages I posted my setup. If anything is unclear feel free to contact me.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NutDriver
I am hoping that someone will be kind enough to direct me to the information on the mods made to the 6.2 like TC4 arms, etc that the factory guys were said to be running.
TIA
Originally Posted by wtcc
Check pages 139-142 in this thread. There you will find all details to the conversion. Randy helped a lot to make sure I won't miss anything. Later on the pages I posted my setup. If anything is unclear feel free to contact me.
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/asso...yRace20150524/
Old 08-12-2015, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

When using the TC5 rear hubs on this setup, here are two options on how to make them work on the 6.2:

1. Use the full TC5 hardware: 6x10x3 bearings, crush tubes and driveshafts. Works great, except this bearing size is not as durable. The ceramics are a must and last much longer.

2. Use 5x10x3 bearings (not 5x10x4) with the 6.2 drive shafts and no crush tubes. You might be able find or make a set of crush tubes that work or just run it without.

Does anyone have this info for the yokomo hubs, how to make them fit?
Old 08-13-2015, 01:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc pete
When using the TC5 rear hubs on this setup, here are two options on how to make them work on the 6.2:

1. Use the full TC5 hardware: 6x10x3 bearings, crush tubes and driveshafts. Works great, except this bearing size is not as durable. The ceramics are a must and last much longer.

2. Use 5x10x3 bearings (not 5x10x4) with the 6.2 drive shafts and no crush tubes. You might be able find or make a set of crush tubes that work or just run it without.

BD7 hubs use the same bearings as the TC6.2 but you have to drill out for the Associated pin and use a couple of shims to center it in the TC4 arm.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc pete

Spec R1 Hubs work as well. You will have to center them just like the BD7 hubs and they have a set screw hole.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Guys,..

do we really need so many parts modification to make this car to be competitive???
Old 08-13-2015, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbs
Guys,..

do we really need so many parts modification to make this car to be competitive???

It depends how competitive you want to be. I know guys that run the car stock everything in VTA / USGT. I have run every setup known to man on mine and the car is a total different animal when you change the suspension geometry (RSD suspension or Factory Suspension). I think the share the information is good for people that are trying to get more out there chassis or to change feel for there driving style.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hobbs
Guys,..

It's still a competitive car with the stock setup. There are guys around my way that run it bone stock and they are extremely competitive.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

yep....it's very competitive out the box with the box setup.

Last edited by DARKSIDE; 08-13-2015 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Also, other companies come out with revisions all of the time. So, consider this a revision.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Ok let me get this straight
I go buy a new 6.2 @$400.00 and then i have to buy older parts or parts from another manufacturer, modify them just to run with the Big Boys??
I may be dumb, but I ain't stupid!!!
I'd rather buy a car that has all the parts n upgrades I need in one kit.
Just saying

Ps I own a 6.2 along with three other AE cars
Old 08-13-2015, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by chiefj48
Ok let me get this straight
I go buy a new 6.2 @$400.00 and then i have to buy older parts or parts from another manufacturer, modify them just to run with the Big Boys??
I may be dumb, but I ain't stupid!!!
I'd rather buy a car that has all the parts n upgrades I need in one kit.
Just saying

Ps I own a 6.2 along with three other AE cars
No sir....The AE cars are fine without any mods or aftermarket parts.

Most of any mods or aftermarket parts are done more in the line of testing.

When the "TEAM" finds out something different that may help in production of up and coming version of the TC Series it's looked at and tried by multiple racers and tracks.

Don't freak out its all about trying different things to get our TC7 to be the best it can be.

Myron

Ps. Companies like RSD and Exoteck help in offering items that may or may not be offered by Associated. And they do their testing as well to help improve on a already great chassis
Old 08-13-2015, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
No sir....The AE cars are fine without any mods or aftermarket parts.

Most of any mods or aftermarket parts are done more in the line of testing.

When the "TEAM" finds out something different that may help in production of up and coming version of the TC Series it's looked at and tried by multiple racers and tracks.

Don't freak out its all about trying different things to get our TC7 to be the best it can be.

Myron

Ps. Companies like RSD and Exoteck help in offering items that may or may not be offered by Associated. And they do their testing as well to help improve on a already great chassis
Last year at the ROAR Nationals Team AE had these mods on their cars.
Here we are a year later, and AE still doesn't have the upgrades??
It seems AE comes out with a new kit every other year and I hope the TC7 has all the upgrades that have been tested and proven included in the kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.