Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Want to start RC drift car hobby >

Want to start RC drift car hobby

Want to start RC drift car hobby

Old 11-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Red face Want to start RC drift car hobby

Hi, I wanna start this hobby but know nuts about going to get the stuff needed.

Anyway I'm hoping to start off with a Tamiya TT-01E chassis after reading thru the reviews. Is this chassis ok to start with or is there a more suitable one?

Any kind souls can help let me know how much will it cost roughly for a decent complete set including transmitters with an option to upgrade parts in the future

Thanks a mil in advance
Old 11-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

For a bit more i would highly reccomend a ta06 kit. It will be a better kit, and if you ever decide, it's a very raceable chassis too.

On the ae website they have the lrp drift ultimo motor and esc that they are blowing out at like 1/2 price.

A few sets of raiku drift tires will last a long time, and if you get a combo you can try out different compounds and treads

Futaba 3pl is good. Cheap, and its a conputer radio.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you for the recommendation, how much will a complete set cost roughly with the TA06 chassis?

Anyway what's ae website? Possible to post a link?
Old 11-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Hmm. Thats difficult to say.

Getting the majority of things used you could probably get in under 450 with in an inch of your life.

Do you have any other rc things right now? Or will you have to buy everyting (batteries, chargers, etc)

Another option would be a rtr setup team magic and HPi both have drift rtrs. mst also has a dedicated rtr drift car.

Last edited by ThePanda; 11-05-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

definitely check out MST (Max Speed Technology). They have several different "levels" of dedicated drift chassis and RTR's available. Even the most basic (cheapest) MS-01D is a good drift chassis.
if you're looking to go cheap, and you can get your hands a good used HPI Sprint 2 chassis, I know a lot of drifters have started out with the S2, S2 Drift or S2 Flux. it's not a dedicated drift chassis, but swap in some drift tires, adjust the camber and switch out the suspension and it's good for learning to drift with.
also, you can look at Yokomo. they also have some dedicated (and non) drift chassis that people like and have lots of option parts available for.

no matter what chassis you choose, when it comes down to it, the most important thing is how the car is set up. the right compound drift tires and dampers/oil/springs for your style and surface can go a loooooong way.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Are there any rc shops in singapore that can be recommended?